It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares there was no "ask not" moment today?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You're right... my standards may be too high... I mean after all I'm asking for honesty and some sense of honor and duty. How is a mere politician to measure up to those standards? I mean it is not like they actually claim to be honorable or honest....

I envy you your optimism.... just not to the point of self delusion

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Yup, ....we broke 120 year old cold record for last friday.

Minus 39 Celcius without windchill, 53 below with windchill.

Just ridiculous.

So much for GLOBAL WARMING
ooohhh....I mean 'CLIMATE CHANGE'

The earth's 'got a fever' ....?....for COWBELLL

Sorry,...

OT!

Anything back on topic all?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Ok ok i accept your point, maybe i'm being too harsh towards your point of view.

Just U2U me if you ever change your mind, and let me known exactly what he did that changed it.

Cheers Friend.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
That had to be the flattest inaugural speech I've ever heard. The audience was flat, which reflected the speech.

I understand Obama wrote his own speech this time. It showed.

Where was the Messiah today?

I agree...

But I think it was orchestrated that way....for a reason.

No more HYPE campaign speeches....now down to business! Hopefully to help, right?

OT

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The speech wandered a bit but he must have said what he wanted to. He did have a lot to cover. There was a little dose of reality in it, a kind of warning that we'll have some things happen that will be initiated with the famous doctor's warning, "now this might hurt a little." As to the lack of a famous sound bite, so what?
"Asking not" and "fearing fear" were nice but no Presidential speech will ever top the Gettysburg Address. Abe wrote that, himself.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
The speech wandered a bit but he must have said what he wanted to. He did have a lot to cover. There was a little dose of reality in it, a kind of warning that we'll have some things happen that will be initiated with the famous doctor's warning, "now this might hurt a little." As to the lack of a famous sound bite, so what?
"Asking not" and "fearing fear" were nice but no Presidential speech will ever top the Gettysburg Address. Abe wrote that, himself.

Thanks, good points about the length of time, the doctor analogy and the lack of a sound bite...

OT, too liked Abe's speech....when I heard him deliver it...just kidding

Appreciate the post!!

OT

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join