Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Who cares there was no "ask not" moment today?

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
*Removed large nested quote*


Thanks for your thoughts...

I, as well as other good people....have nothing to hide, but I hear you!

Let's put some TIME on this before we speak so confidently ok?


OT


PS Lived long enough to see CHANGE happen time and time again...what I thought at 20, I now LAUGH at...!!!

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.



[edit on 20-1-2009 by GAOTU789]




posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


No where to go but up... huh... I disagree... things could always get worse.



Yep, they sure can!!!!

OT prayin' they won't!



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Hhaha yes, me and you both my friend. My ideology and thoughs of how things worked when in my twenties was extremly different from what happens today.

I agree, lets give it some time to form some real opinions about what kind of leader he will be.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Hhaha yes, me and you both my friend. My ideology and thoughs of how things worked when in my twenties was extremly different from what happens today.

I agree, lets give it some time to form some real opinions about what kind of leader he will be.



tothetenthpower, you two, my friend!


Thanks for contributing to the thread...

OT



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Hhaha yes, me and you both my friend. My ideology and thoughs of how things worked when in my twenties was extremly different from what happens today.

I agree, lets give it some time to form some real opinions about what kind of leader he will be.



I guess you could say...as Obama did today...quoting the Apostle Paul...'we have set aside childest things', huh?



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Resinveins
 




For what he ran on, the things he's said and promised the american people, he cannot go back on changing things for the better.


He can't? Well that's a relief. For a second there I was thinking that politicians were known for going back on their promises, and conveniently forgetting all about the platforms they ran on....



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

EYE LEVEL huh?

Very wise there!!!!

OT


Yes. To give him a chance is to allow for him..from my prospective, to be on the same level as I am standing at. However what happens after that is up to him, as I am sure everyone is expecting him to deliver at least something of what was promised and pledged during the campaigns and acceptace and inauguaration speeches.

As they turn, churn and burn tonight at the inauguration ball, I hope he realizes that tonight as they wine and dine and have a good time, there are families out here right now in this country barely able to get a full belly and/or facing eviction from their homes, or waking up to no job or end of their unemployment benefits or getting their utilites cut off and some ending up out on the street or sleeping in their cars at rest areas and in parks.

I hope that he gives some sort of signal that he sees what is going on in the real America that isnt in front of the lights and cameras and does something about these very real problems and doesnt get too caught up in the served hand and foot treatment of being the president courtesy of the very taxpayers facing all these problems personally.

Hes got a lot to do to convince millions of people in the comming few weeks. As one poster put it, he raised the bar quite high for himself..now he has to clear that hurdle and the stick is quite weak that it just might snap on his way up and over.



Cheers!!!!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by RFBurns]



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sometimes, just sometimes you need faith. Not necessarily religious faith but faith in people. Faith that they will try. Faith that they care. When you are standing at that altar with your future husband/wife standing there with you promising to love and respect, to be faithful you only have that person's word. And the feeling in your core that they mean it. Like the OP I'm an old guy. I've seen alot. This changes things. Today changed things. Most people can feel it deep in their hearts and souls. I don't know why I was touched so deeply today. But I was. The worm turned today. It truly, truly did.

In 1989 I was having a discussion with my friend Lenny, A Wampanoag Native American. He was explaining that they believe that as our solar system travels through the galaxy it passes through areas of positive and negative energy... like clouds. We have been inundated with negativity for years now. One disaster after another. Then, the other day, a plane crash landed in the Hudson River and everyone came out alive. The odds against that kind of outcome are astounding. I feel that we are moving out of a particularly dark cloud. It's not going to be all butterflies and zebras now but things have changed. Finally.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins
 


Why are people beating that dead horse SOOO MUCH?

I don't understand all the cynisism i see in the way people talk about politics. Yes i understand that many politicians have gone back on platforms and campaign promises. But grouping this leader in that category before he's even had a full day in office will only compound the problem.

There needs to be optimism, especially in these hard times. I can understand how hard it is, when for years we've been lied to and set aside as if our opinion doesn't matter, but in all seriousness, this is the beginning of a new era, whether for the good or for the bad.

If we all collectively keep thinging negative then negative things will occur.

So is the nature of things....



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Originally posted by OldThinker

EYE LEVEL huh?

Very wise there!!!!

OT


Yes. To give him a chance is to allow for him..from my prospective, to be on the same level as I am standing at. However what happens after that is up to him, as I am sure everyone is expecting him to deliver at least something of what was promised and pledged during the campaigns and acceptace and inauguaration speeches.

As they turn, churn and burn tonight at the inauguration ball, I hope he realizes that tonight as they wine and dine and have a good time, there are families out here right now in this country barely able to get a full belly and/or facing eviction from their homes, or waking up to no job or end of their unemployment benefits or getting their utilites cut off and some ending up out on the street or sleeping in their cars at rest areas and in parks.

I hope that he gives some sort of signal that he sees what is going on in the real America that isnt in front of the lights and cameras and does something about these very real problems and doesnt get too caught up in the served hand and foot treatment of being the president courtesy of the very taxpayers facing all these problems personally.

Hes got a lot to do to convince millions of people in the comming few weeks. As one poster put it, he raised the bar quite high for himself..now he has to clear that hurdle and the stick is quite weak that it just might snap on his way up and over.



Cheers!!!!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by RFBurns]



Man I hear you....


He's got SO MUCH work to do....


Think he's got the right leadership around him? I dunno? I do like Biden though...

OT

Also, he's got the AUTO CZAR to appoint...that ul' be a biggie huh?



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
....... Then, the other day, a plane crash landed in the Hudson River and everyone came out alive. The odds against that kind of outcome are astounding. I feel that we are moving out of a particularly dark cloud. It's not going to be all butterflies and zebras now but things have changed. Finally.



....yes....you know I, too had that feeling of goodness on the horizon....after that heroic landing!!!!!


Nice post!!!!!!!


OT
Phil 1:3 there!



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Resinveins
 


....There needs to be optimism, especially in these hard times. ...



If you are old enough to remember that's what Ronald Reagan did and was about....


you know he had a sign on the top of his desk, that said...."the key to success is to be as happy about other people's ideas, as you do your own!"


He was about OTHER people...an example for us all, I think!


Great posts there!!!

OT



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


When I see reason to group him as something other than just another phony, self-serving, politician.... I will. Until then... he'll just have to earn my trust and respect by his actions. I really don't expect him to succeed at that. What I expect will happen is, he'll tow his party line and we'll get 4 more years of the same old BS we always get.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins
 


I can definetly understand your point of view in that regard. He does have to earn everybody's respect. But don't be so quick to dismiss him as i said, have some hope, some optimism.

Don't let cynicism cloud your good judgement and reasoning. Just because we've had all this BS in the past, does not mean that we will automatically be continuing along that path.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


It is my good judgment that tells me that since we have had all this BS in the past, that I should expect more of the same in the present and future.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


It is my good judgment that tells me that since we have had all this BS in the past, that I should expect more of the same in the present and future.





Well than my friend, i wish you the best of luck with that mindset, but when always expecting the worse out of things, you will never be happy even if things do change for the better, because your standards are far too high from what i can see. There must be something you like about this individual, it cant be all negative from your perspective is it?



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


I bet you have an interestng perspective...how's the Canadian Press handling all the hype today?

OT



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Meh just like the American side, no pundits critizing the speech tho. But then again our media is owned by the same companies or affiliates who own CNN and Fixed News.

I find it a little more objective as opposed to what i've seen in the american reporting, but that's just us Canadians being real nice.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 



Ya'll are definitely nice....used to go to St Thomas 5 times a yr....10 yrs ago...401 and 402....SNOW DRIFT HELLL as I remember?



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yup, and it hasn't gotten any better this year in Ontario, they've had record snow fall there, and on the East Coast where i am, we broke 120 year old cold record for last friday.

Minus 39 Celcius without windchill, 53 below with windchill.

Just ridiculous.






top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join