Who cares there was no "ask not" moment today?

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Is Obama the new Reagan?

With his POSITIVE TONE? I say, YES!!!!

= = = = =

Question- - - - Was there a lack of ‘HYPE’ in the Obama Speech?????

I say, YES....there should be!

= = = = =

Kudos to the new President!

For his restraint…

For his temperance…

For his measure…

With the inauguration speech, today.

I appreciated the speech more than ever…I say thumbs down to the pendants who said there wasn’t any “ask not…” moments in his speech. Certainly Barrack is a superior orator; no doubt…his campaign speeches were STELLAR!

This time he was measured, well-thought-through…and Presidential!!!

I was impressed beyond words, drawn to tears and excited about the opportunity to help him….help the country…his power of positive thinking was REAGAN-ESK, if that’s a word?

We need a future-looking, positive-tilted leader now, don’t we?

Thoughts, ATS leaders?

OT




[edit on 20-1-2009 by OldThinker]




posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Gush much?



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I agree. IMO Obama is the best political speaker i've seen in since JFK. When he speaks you can actually believe what comes out his mouth, he makes us all feel as thought were apart of his administration and that he will be leading us, not controlling us.

I very much enjoyed the speech he did today, i don't care whether or not they're were any "ask not" parts of the speech, they're didn't need to be. He introduced himself as the President and affirmed his promises to make the US a leading member of the international community, not a forcefull hand not to be thriffled with.

Kudos Mr. President. Our expectations are high, i hope your work ethic and determination are that high as well.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Be careful with the comparing...history has been repeating itself too much lately. As much as I dont see anything fanatically terrific with our new King playing piece for the new chess game, I dont want to see history repeating Nov 23 1963.



Cheers!!!!



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Gush much?

actually no...I'm a white male, conservative, ole dude...who wants real change...for my grandchildern...you?

OT



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns
 


I agree, i would not want those tragic events to repeat themselves, but we do tend to compare previous great leaders with present ones.

Although saying he's a great leader is a little bit like jumping the gun that much i understand.

I'm optomistic that he will bring the much needed change, but I will reserve my true admiration until he's been in Office atleast 6 months with positive results.

He set the bar very high, he better be ready to jump.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Be careful with the comparing...history has been repeating itself too much lately. As much as I dont see anything fanatically terrific with our new King playing piece for the new chess game, I dont want to see history repeating Nov 23 1963.



Cheers!!!!


nice check RF, time will tell, huh?

OT



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
And you think you're going to get real change from Obama.... why exactly?

Because he said so?



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
That had to be the flattest inaugural speech I've ever heard. The audience was flat, which reflected the speech.

I understand Obama wrote his own speech this time. It showed.

Where was the Messiah today?



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
And you think you're going to get real change from Obama.... why exactly?

Because he said so?




If you review I said "want" my brother?

OT



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins
 


He doesn't really have a choice does he? I think that because i'd like to believe that there are genuine, intelligent and honest people who can bring your country into a better direction.

We have to remember that he's not George. As much as people want to be synical about the whole thing, we haven't yet seen what he's willing to do for his country.

And every president brings change, George brought negative change and pretty much tanked the country to it's lowest it has ever been. There's no where to go but up now.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
That had to be the flattest inaugural speech I've ever heard. The audience was flat, which reflected the speech.

I understand Obama wrote his own speech this time. It showed.

Where was the Messiah today?



Dooper, good points there...


BUT....


My Messiah is the LORD Jesus bro...

OT prayin for all in the great US of A...

Will you join me sir?

OT



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
One thing I recognize is that we are finally out from under the Bush n Co. criminals. I didnt vote for Obama, and dont really think he can keep much of what he promised, but I always give a fair shake and convinced myself to at least give the man a chance.

I wont raise the guy up onto a pillar so high that I strain my neck just to see who he is, but I wont lower him below the foot so that I end up just seeing a bug splat under my shoe.

The eye level is appropriate I think.



Cheers!!!!



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker
 


So... you only want change from Obama... you don't necessarily think you will get it though.... So what exactly is it about the man... and his speeches... that moves you to tears?



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Resinveins
 


He doesn't really have a choice does he? I think that because i'd like to believe that there are genuine, intelligent and honest people who can bring your country into a better direction.

We have to remember that he's not George. As much as people want to be synical about the whole thing, we haven't yet seen what he's willing to do for his country.

And every president brings change, George brought negative change and pretty much tanked the country to it's lowest it has ever been. There's no where to go but up now.


Good points....


At least he kept us safe, right?


GWB was NOT the enemy....


BHO isn't either...

It IS NOT either/or here...please understand this...


OT



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
One thing I recognize is that we are finally out from under the Bush n Co. criminals. I didnt vote for Obama, and dont really think he can keep much of what he promised, but I always give a fair shake and convinced myself to at least give the man a chance.

I wont raise the guy up onto a pillar so high that I strain my neck just to see who he is, but I wont lower him below the foot so that I end up just seeing a bug splat under my shoe.

The eye level is appropriate I think.



Cheers!!!!


EYE LEVEL huh?

Very wise there!!!!

OT



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Resinveins
 


He doesn't really have a choice does he? I think that because i'd like to believe that there are genuine, intelligent and honest people who can bring your country into a better direction.

We have to remember that he's not George. As much as people want to be synical about the whole thing, we haven't yet seen what he's willing to do for his country.

And every president brings change, George brought negative change and pretty much tanked the country to it's lowest it has ever been. There's no where to go but up now.



At least he kept us safe, right?

OT


Well i do have to disagree with you there. He may have kept you safe in your own country from "terrorists". But he didn't protect your rights or your the founding documents your country was built on. When you start messing with the LAW then no you really havent kept your people safe because you've given the example to rest of the world that it doesn't matter what kind of laws a country has, it can do whatever it wants in the name of "defending Democracy".



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by OldThinker
 


So... you only want change from Obama... you don't necessarily think you will get it though.... So what exactly is it about the man... and his speeches... that moves you to tears?



Nice question!!!


OT grew up in south Arlington, VA....never understood prejudice as a child...


Heard it, though from parents, grand parents etc...


Have seen its UGLINESS....


and recognize its STING...


= = = = = =


I guess my tears are for the underdog, I dunno? but they are sincere...corny as it may sound...


OT honored!



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


No where to go but up... huh... I disagree... things could always get worse.



posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins
 


They could get way worse, my point was that the American people won't stand for somebody doing a "worse" job that GW did. Don't worry if he isn't up to par as the prez they'll remove him, or make him a lame duck.

For what he ran on, the things he's said and promised the american people, he cannot go back on changing things for the better. If he does well...god help him really...





new topics
 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join