It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Spiritual Anarchist.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Matrix ..I would love to hear what sayeth the Lord to you in all your dealings with him....could you expound some it to us since you do not take scripture into account ..(which scripture is the very same thing your doing ..the Lord sayeth it to them and they are saying it to us in the form of their written letters to us) ..
I believe you would then also be considered a prophet .if he has spoken to you ..then please do tell it ..And is there any way you can back it up to prove it is indeed from the Lord ?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
***BRAVO*** Voldemort!

Nah, really JK.

I want you to know that I loved the OP and couldn't appreciate you any more than I do right now. Your wisdom is astounding and completely the truth. You really are my Angel.

Love.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I believe you would then also be considered a prophet .if he has spoken to you ..then please do tell it ..And is there any way you can back it up to prove it is indeed from the Lord ?

Yes, read my threads! Read my latest one: Is God Cruel or Just Misunderstood?. A lot of divine thoughts go into those threads. If there is any "ring of truth" know that it comes from God. Otherwise, dismiss it as either: it is false, or you are not conditioned to receive it!

All my awareness about the Bible and its doctrines come from my connection. The problem: most prophesy is not welcome to most ears! This is certainly true of Biblical prophets. Everyone wanted more "Proof" yet the sound reasoning alone, is: proof.

Not all have ears to hear but want only knowledge that confirms their beliefs. But rarely, is that the case with real prophecy. It is usually jarring, and can confront, and can be life changing. Rarely is it magical, so if that is what you are looking for - you will be disappointed. The message will be felt through the: senses! If you need the Bible or someone to affirm it, you will most likely miss it.

Try attempting to read my posts with a different pair of glasses. Put aside your biases and Biblical readings for a moment. Pray on it (if that is what you feel comfortable doing). Ask for wisdom and ask for God's understanding on what you are reading. If it doesn't work for you. Move on!

I get many U2U's to show that the message is working and that I am doing HIS will. You can read into who HIS will is, all you want, but proof will be in the reality of things as they unfold.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Is it not true that you did not get most of what you think you know from divine revelation but from other men who wrote other material from other sources >?

So are you saying that there are NEW PROPHETS of our day ...And those new prophets figured out through divine revelation in our times ... that the men of the scriptures who witnessed the events and wrote them down are all false teachers ? And are not to be believed because the New Modern Day teachers (you and others) found the truth and is now only be revealed in our days ?
To just a select few ?Of which you are one of them (and yes a few others here on ATS ?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yes God does indeed connect with a few of his Chosen. This does not mean that anyone is excluded, just not ready to accept responsibility for themselves yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Is it not true that you did not get most of what you think you know from divine revelation but from other men who wrote other material from other sources >?

Oh, heavens no! Another words: I cannot think for myself? That is insulting and shows that you don't have the ability to see creative thought when it smacks you in the face. I am not a follower. My threads and words are not from anyone else! I am an author - writer myself. I am not plagiarizing their information and running with it.

I get information often way ahead of any proof in the form of other books. I am a researcher, as one needs to be in order to be a non-fiction writer. But God provides the impetus.

Do you even know how prophesy works? How did the prophets receive information in the Bible? You should know the answer. Apply that same principle to me.

Most Godly prophesy is very logical and well thought out. No mystery! Unless you are speaking of a spirit medium or fortuneteller of events, in which case I do not belong to that category. I am not a spiritualist.

God uses countless people to put forth information for those who are seeking. The ones writing this information may not even be special. But God can make a rock cry out.

So are you saying that there are NEW PROPHETS of our day ...And those new prophets figured out through divine revelation in our times ... that the men of the scriptures who witnessed the events and wrote them down are all false teachers ? And are not to be believed because the New Modern Day teachers (you and others) found the truth and is now only be revealed in our days ?

You are putting words in my mouth...not good! It is not reasonable nor open communication. You are not asking out of love or genuine concern but out of contempt. You are attempting to set traps.

No-one is saying that these writers (depending on actually being real or not) are all false prophets. Paul was! Anyone who thinks otherwise is duped.

YES, there are new prophets now who are being used to dispense new light. Why would this stop? Jah always used prophets all the way up to the first century and no doubt has all the way up to now. Why would you question this? The pattern was set long before, why would He stop? Why do you limit him so?

To just a select few ?Of which you are one of them (and yes a few others here on ATS ?

Yes, why not? This is not communism, God does not equate everyone on the same level of need, experience, knowledge, or levels of spirituality.

Just as with ALL knowledge, a person needs to test it out for themselves. As I said before, if what I say does not ring true to you...shake the dust off your feet. But don't assume that others will agree with you, or that you have the monopoly on the Bible and accurate truth.

I also understand that you feel you need to protect God and the Bible and Paul...etc, etc. And that you feel you need to provide a witness for all that you believe. Know that I am doing the same thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes God does indeed connect with a few of his Chosen. This does not mean that anyone is excluded, just not ready to accept responsibility for themselves yet.

Yes, very true. A *4U! Unfortunately many, if not most, won't accept the responsibility of keeping up with God and truths He is revealing.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

That was not meant as an insult ..over on your other post on another thread ..you posted several books ...you said would teach me the truth ..

I want to know what you recieved from God that is not in those books .
Since they are just others opinions ...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So far this is shaping up to be a great conversation. I'd like to thank everyone for joining in.

I believe that each one of us can hear the voice of God and that we can learn more from that voice than all the dogma in the world. We just need to pay attention.

Love and light my friends,

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No...how is it an opinion where a scholar says they have had access to the ancient writings and that none of them are original? AshleyD, knows this! I know you look up to her, but she openly admitted "sadly, we don't have any of the originals."

Don't you read my posts or threads? How often do I mention a book, and is my whole thread about someone else's words? I put it together with divine help or inspiration.

What I receive from God is the big picture! He rings my chimes and forces me to see what is REALLY happening! I am no longer allowed to depend on the Bible or any other philosophy, religion, etc. But He will make things come my way (very logically) or will actually TELL me. Sometimes He wakes me up and tells me things He wants me to look at or know. He uses anything He chooses to. If it helps me...he sends it my way.

A spiritual awakening is when my spirit aligns with God's reality."

This first of all means; letting go of my former reality and looking at something through His eyes. He will help you to do that!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

If you can't hear the voice of God, its not that the voice isn't there...its because you my friend are not listening

How true, how true!!

The more one listens, logically, the more one will know.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

No...how is it an opinion where a scholar says they have had access to the ancient writings and that none of them are original? AshleyD, knows this! I know you look up to her, but she openly admitted "sadly, we don't have any of the originals."

Don't you read my posts or threads? How often do I mention a book, and is my whole thread about someone else's words? I put it together with divine help or inspiration.

What I receive from God is the big picture! He rings my chimes and forces me to see what is REALLY happening! I am no longer allowed to depend on the Bible or any other philosophy, religion, etc. But He will make things come my way (very logically) or will actually TELL me. Sometimes He wakes me up and tells me things He wants me to look at or know. He uses anything He chooses to. If it helps me...he sends it my way.

A spiritual awakening is when my spirit aligns with God's reality."

This first of all means; letting go of my former reality and looking at something through His eyes. He will help you to do that!

Just because someone is a scholar does not mean they are interpreting things correctly does it >? I have read many scholars opinions on the Dead Sea Scrolls ..and I sure dont even trust what they come up with ...
Until I personally get to see it for myself I am a skeptic until then ...Because we all know that if you AshlyD (which I do look up to she is very nice and insightful) ...and I all read the orginals and could even read the language we would all possibly come up with three differing interpretations on it ..
Which is pretty obvious around here with the way everyone reads and understands scriptures in other threads lol ...............

And yes I do read some of your posts ...I have not quite figured out exactly what your beliefs are yet ....because I dont see all your posts ...
Do you have a blog or anything explaining your beliefs and how you came to believe them and what divine messages have you recieved that would help any of us to understand things ..but as absolute truth ..not just gut feelings ?
Do you ever see dreams of future events ? I would like to hear about them too ..if you have them written somewhere ...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

This has got to be one of the best posts I've seen on ATS.
I agree 100%.
Freedom has become something which is a personal choice.
Some choose to follow the rules and regulations of a religion while others choose to make their own rules.
Some choose to believe what they were indoctrinated with while others choose to believe what's logically sound.

You're not alone, many of us see the fallacies and circular 'logic' of certain religious groups.
I believe the next "age" of humanity will be one which struggles to embrace free and creative thought and ultimately gives up the fading beliefs of our forefathers.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
As soon as you outlaw or overcome religion, we must presumably put rules in place to keep people from sliding back into religious ways.

I don't think anyone is talking about outlawing religion. What I would like to see is people born without indoctrination (not all, of course, just the majority).
The truth is that we've come to the point where each generation has a higher percentage of atheists/agnostics. This means that a higher percentage of children avoid the forceful beliefs of religion - the beliefs that I had to rid myself of the hard way.

This point in time is different than any other, in that we now have scientific explanations as to why we are here. They may not be proven, but they surely have more evidence than any religious explanation.
This means that once society is naturally cleansed of major religions, there will NOT be a major religion to take it's place this time - unless you consider science to be a religion.

I maintain taht religions will always be with us, wearing different masks. Some people just need the support, need the ego boost that coems with being "right."

Religions probably will always be with us. But I'm positive that in a century, religion will not be the norm. We're riding the bell curve now and things will really progress in the next few decades as more and more people are born atheist/agnostic rather than having to find their own way.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

yes, you are right about much of what you say. This is why a spiritual person will weigh what they read and take what makes sense. Only the dogmatic will take all the information a group teaches without checking matters out for themselves. This can certainly be applied to atheists as well. How many quote information without ever reading anything relating to a subject themselves?

I left you a U2U since some of what you asked I could not answer within the forum.

A person will know if someone is a prophet or has special knowledge by their insight. It is a good way to judge what is being said. Not all can see it though. One is meant to understand when one is searching. Most would not recognize insightful truth if it does not wear a familiar symbolic garment.

Some truths drown those who cannot swim it.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It is really nice to find someone that feels the same way.

I am on the fence... I think the bible has a lot of truths, so I believe in it more then I do the church. I also believe that it is up to US, as sentient beings, to make up our own ideals about spirituality and stick to them.

The Church = includes humans, therefore making it biased / having it's own agenda. I do not want to be a Sheep.

The Bible = Humans involved are all long gone... Just the words in the book are left, and it's up to people to interpret them and learn from them.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by ShoopDaWhoop]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

Religions probably will always be with us. But I'm positive that in a century, religion will not be the norm. We're riding the bell curve now and things will really progress in the next few decades as more and more people are born atheist/agnostic rather than having to find their own way.

People are born atheist. They just get fed religion along with pablum at a very early age and for most, it's really hard to shake.

Religion baffles me. I guess I'm outside looking in and can only wonder how people can still believe some of this stuff. But maybe it's because I never believed any of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

A very eloquent and stirring call to liberty. However the central tennet of your argument is fallacious. The "brain-washing" claim greatly amuses me and should anyone who looks around them at the world.

The brain-washing evidently does not work or our churches would be heaving with the multitudes who have passed through all these faith schools and Sunday schools. The choice's of faith are always choices, that is a guarantee from the free-will gifted to us by the creator and the liberation won for us by Christ.

I am a devout and constantly practising Roman Catholic. I accept willingly the dogmas of my faith as being true, sometimes (often indeed) without complete understanding. I am but one soul engaged in the same journey as al my brothers and sisters through time. The body of work, beyond even the immensity of the scriptures, concerning spiritual and theological matters is so huge no individual could read them, let alone understand them, in a life-time.

I choose to submit my will and intellect to the collective wisdom of the Church through the ages and in all places - to the sensus fidelium assured of the inerrant nature of these dogmas by Christ's promise of the Counsellor and Its presence within the Church.

I, and this at first will sound peculiar, consider that my deep faith and fidelity to my Catholicism makes me a rebel in the current age. For I rebel against the tyranny of subjectivity which has inveigled its way into every aspect of human life. An age in which rather than perceiving ourselves as the imago Dei we have God in our image.

This thread already shows the satisfaction manifest by those who hold fast to their own ideodoxy. "If I believe it it must be true" - some even take pride in disconnecting their beliefs from those of their brothers and sisters, asserting that because it is their own it is more perfect than those of us who willingly and freely submit to the ecclesial.

Your anarchy is, I'm afraid to tell you, nothing more or less than a submission to the spirit of this age. You do not rebel, you foster the subjectivity which in its baser manifestations trully enslaves multitudes to the will of individuals.

I am proud of my faith, its wisdom and direction. I choose daily to submit my ego to it in Christ. And I am liberated, free in its most pure and sublime form, free from the impulses of an ego which bears in it the concupiscence of our first parents who presumed to have knowledge of good and evil. As Christ's death for us was life so is submission liberating.

Let all these self proclaimed "rebels" run amok with their ideodoxies, but if you have the opportunity pause and note you have been brain-washed by the subjectivity of this age.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

I am a devout and constantly practising Roman Catholic. I accept willingly the dogmas of my faith as being true, sometimes (often indeed) without complete understanding.

This thread already shows the satisfaction manifest by those who hold fast to their own ideodoxy. "If I believe it it must be true" - some even take pride in disconnecting their beliefs from those of their brothers and sisters, asserting that because it is their own it is more perfect than those of us who willingly and freely submit to the ecclesial.

Interesting. It's "pride in disconnecting their own beliefs" when others do it, but when you accept "dogmas" of your faith it is not that.

Such hypocrisy.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So much of this smacks of a persecution by the church (and by church I mean the greater more diffuse church rather than the subset of true believers) that I have to wonder what millennium and country you're living in. I have a nice calendar on my wall with a prayer for every day for Christians living under persecution in other countries. Do other religions and non-religions have similar calendars asking us to remember their persecuted? I'd like to see one of those, e.g. remember our atheist brothers in Seattle who are being thrown in prison and tortured for their beliefs.

I was an atheist in the US for 38 years, raised by atheists, and aside from the random JW's and Mormons that came knocking on our door, didn't experience any of this. In fact, I'd say the Christians I knew were the least obnoxious of anyone as far as trying to ram their beliefs down my throat. The most obnoxious were other atheists or secular humanists, who in hindsight really were the more dogmatic of the two groups. They were worse than any Christian as far as practicing doctrines of separation, peer pressure, and social persecution.

So, all I can say is I see no need for your declaration of independence. You already have it.

On a side note, I'm not sure I understand your quote about wisdom though, you said something about 'them' using their wisdom to enslave others. Are you saying they have wisdom, but they use it for evil? Do you mean like the wisdom found in the book of Proverbs? Would you call that wisdom? How does quoting from Proverbs enslave a non-believer?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join