It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Issues Statement on Obama Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Homeland Security issued 'potential threat' statement at 1030AM EST

HOMELAND SECURITY ISSUES STATEMENT ON POTENTIAL OBAMA THREAT -- 1030 AM ET -- Statement from a Department of Homeland Security spokesman:

"The FBI, the Department of Homeland Security (including the USSS) and the intelligence community are coordinating with other law enforcement authorities to investigate and analyze recently received information about a potential threat on Inauguration Day. This information is of limited specificity and uncertain credibility. Authorities at all levels are vigorously pursuing any lead relating to this threat information. The Transition Team has been briefed and is fully integrated into the process.

I'm surprised not to have seen a thread on this already.

Earlier today, in another thread, I commented on what I thought was Obama's obvious display of concern. Before arriving at the Capitol, he looked happy and relaxed. Upon arriving, it was like he was attending a funeral.

He really didn't seem to shake his expression of concern until much later in the day during the parade while in the reviewing stand.

Poor guy... Regardless of what you think about the man, he deserves to enjoy this one day.

Good luck Mr. President.

Clearly, you will need it.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by loam]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, with some 42,000 security personnel and Lord only knows what else, I think its safe to say there's been serious security concern in general concerning this event. If this is the best they can do as far as serious threats go to Obama, I'd say Obama's having a swell day.

new topics

join