It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's White House Web Page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
CHANGE HAS COME - that's the theme.

www.whitehouse.gov...

It's all different. The entire website. Including this ....

NO OFFICIAL WHITE HOUSE GHOST PAGE

I got this info when I tried to bring it up -

Page Not Found

The page you requested wasn't found at this location. The Obama Administration has created a brand new White House website, and it's possible that the page you were looking for has been moved.

That's the one thing about the Bush White House I liked. They were open about the White House ghosts and even had an official web page dedicated to them - with video interviews with staff and everything.

Check out the new White House web page. See what you think. Obama is showcased .. but remember .. it's not really all about him

[edit on 1/20/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"Check it out", the first proclamation from the new President, in a "blog post":

NATIONAL DAY OF RENEWAL AND RECONCILIATION, 2009

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

As I take the sacred oath of the highest office in the land, I am humbled by the responsibility placed upon my shoulders, renewed by the courage and decency of the American people, and fortified by my faith in an awesome God.

We are in the midst of a season of trial. Our Nation is being tested, and our people know great uncertainty. Yet the story of America is one of renewal in the face of adversity, reconciliation in a time of discord, and we know that there is a purpose for everything under heaven.

On this Inauguration Day, we are reminded that we are heirs to over two centuries of American democracy, and that this legacy is not simply a birthright -- it is a glorious burden. Now it falls to us to come together as a people to carry it forward once more.

So in the words of President Abraham Lincoln, let us remember that: "The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2009, a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation, and call upon all of our citizens to serve one another and the common purpose of remaking this Nation for our new century.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-third.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
"I am humbled by the responsibility placed upon my shoulders..." Shouldn't that have been, I am ecstatic that I have the responsibility I sought so hard to put upon my own shoulders? Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA,

Is it legal if they don't use their full legal name? I know that on all my legal documents here - will, living will, etc - I have my full legal name.

If he's skipping his middle name is it still legal?

Heck .. is Barry his real legal name?

Oh this could be fun. What proclaimations are legal and what aren't - depending on what name he decides to sign them with.

Honestly - I have no idea ... does he have to use his full legal name to make these things legal?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No, I don't think there's a correlation between full or short name, and legality of the EO or proclamation.

After all, Bush signed his full name on many illegal orders.

(sorry, couldn't resist - I'm gonna miss that guy!)

Bush 1 wrote just "George Bush" most of the time, if I remember correctly. Maybe why Bush 2 always wrote his middle name, too. Of course, Clinton always wrote "William Jefferson Clinton", but I think that's just because Clinton could never pass up a chance to look extra-Presidential. He would probably have called himself "William JFK Jefferson Washington Clinton", if he could have gotten away with it.

[edit on Jan 21st 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
No, I don't think there's a correlation between full or short name, and legality of the EO or proclamation.

I have no idea at all. I'm just asking ...
Does anyone know for sure?

Anyways .. I also see that Obama's website is placing full blame for the Katrina response onto Bush. No mention of the facts that both the Mayor of N.O. and the Gov. of Louisianna were DEMOCRATS and that THEY seriously screwed up. No mention of Mayor Nagin getting his buddies out okay but leaving others behind. No mention that the Govenor was asked days and days ahead of time if she needed assistance, and her response was 'i'll get back to you'. She only asked for assistance when it was too late.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Blame Bush, even though the dems were up to their eye balls in Katrina.

HEY OBAMA - there's plenty to blame Bush for, but to manufacture crap is just POLITICS AS USUAL - no CHANGE!

[edit on 1/21/2009 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join