It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Therapy for the fearful) - If you are not afraid of death then what are you afraid of?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
posted on 1/21/09 at 06:14
(Therapy for the fearful) - If you are not afraid of death then what are you afraid of?

Hi all,

I've been discussing APS/OBE and getting rid of my fears in another thread and just had an epiphany. I am not afraid of physically dying yet I am terrified of going astral for what I might encounter.

But now my question is. What is so terrifying if it is not death? Why are we still fearful and what are the things that scare us more than dying?

Maybe we can find some common fear triggers and find ways to rid ourself of these fears?

I am terrified of having encounters while in sleep paralysis. However I'm not afraid of people nor am I afraid of dying. I can't really explain what it is I am afraid of but I am. Terrified to the point at which I can not even stand in a lit room on my own and close my eyes for fear of what I might sense, see, experience something. What is that?

Do you have these fears have you overcome any such fears or demons if you like. How did you do it?

If this thread can help one person overcome their fears of the supernatural then it has achieved something. So please share your stories in aide of the fearful.

Love and light

[edit on 20/1/2009 by IAmD1]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm not afaird of dieing.. But i am afaird of ageing. It doesnt make sense... but thats how it is. Also having a twin... having two megans in this world wouldnt be good

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing megane. I was kind of looking for debilitating fears. The kind that hold you back from growing spiritually and otherwise.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah, sorry, i felt like your thread needed a little comment. :] Maybe get a convo started heh heh

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Some people fear death because they don't want to give up the known for the unknown. I don't have any debilitating fears so I can't help you there.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm afraid of people touching my bellybutton.

I'm not kidding either.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Fear is a great ally. Death is the most painful moment of life. We see the horrors of life in this world. The strongest desire at death marks the direction the next life will take. Talk is cheap. Anyone can say, "I'm not afraid of dieing". It's meaningless. When death really comes then a person will, if their lucky, realize how they have wasted their golden opportunity dissipating their spirit for naught. Few will make even poor efforts towards their true salvation. Most will die without effort or even with effort delusional that their egotistical rationals of church and status are spiritual competency.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Its not death itself i fear its more like how.
Thinking of being burned alive or drown dont make me feel very comfortable..

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Have you had any real terrifying experiences to cause this fear, or do you just have a really vivid imagination?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Wow.. lots of fear threads lately.. must be going around.

IAmD1 look at this thread, it may answer some of your questions. I could copy/paste my views on the subject but you could just as easily read my views as well as others posted in Fear Analysis.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
great post

I am not afraid of death for myself. Though there are things I haven't done yet if I found I was dying tomorrow I could be relatively content that I'd had a good life and accomplished quite a few things.

My fear is for the people I would leave behind. My daughter mostly.

death is normal and natural though the ways in which we die may not be.

This isn't to say that I'd just lie down and die without a fight, if there was a chance that death could be put off for a bit

I would guess that more people are actually terrified of living than dying...dying is relatively easy and living well...it can be damn difficult.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
WHAT and WHY you FEAR (this):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Wow.. lots of fear threads lately.. must be going around.

IAmD1 look at this thread, it may answer some of your questions. I could copy/paste my views on the subject but you could just as easily read my views as well as others posted in Fear Analysis.

Thanks ..onlyhuman (love your picture btw)

If moderators think this thread should be closed then I'm happy for them to do so as the thread Fear Analysis seems to be dealing with the same subject.

Love and light

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of dying. I'm a little nervous about the pain I might have to endure to get there. I don't want to suffer and I don't want my family to see me suffer. I can wait to die, but I'm really looking forward to learning what's after death.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I used to blow up mines for a living and have been shot at a number of times. Death does not scare me. I have seen people who are not as lucky as I and that is what I fear. There are things worse than death.

So I would say my biggest fear is being a quadrapalgic. Being a prisoner in your own body.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Ive never been afraid of death...the one thing that absolutely terrifies me is knowing that every little thing you do in life will never be remembered after you die, and eventually it will become like you never existed- just like everyone else in history who followed the same Work/Eat/Sleep pattern. To me it makes life seem pointless, but yet...everyone still does it like generations past and will continue to do it.

...oh and spiders.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
One of my biggest fears is not dying. Forever is a very long time and I don't know if I want to be around that long. A lot of people say the universe goes on for an eternity. What if I just want to rest in peace?! I think I'd rather just die than live for an eternity, though I could be wrong on that point.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
Terrified to the point at which I can not even stand in a lit room on my own and close my eyes for fear of what I might sense, see, experience something. What is that?

May I ask if you have any paranormal abilities that you know of?

I mean I can relate somewhat to your above comment. My mother is a paranormal therapist and I seem to have inherited some of her abilities.

Now it appears I am an empath, meaning when people touch me, I touch them or they stand close to me their emotions somehow bleed over. It can get really bad in crowded places and can result in a sort of overload. Not pleasant at all.

At one point I started to become afraid of these foreign feelings. Most people don't understand but you just know that these feelings are not your own. But the really weird thing is I can sometimes sense things around me that are actually not there, so it appears. Its hard to describe but it freaked me out in the past. Like one day I was sitting behind my computer and suddenly started becoming cold and then out of nowhere I jumped up and was looking around the room franticly and breathing very rapidly.

Even now when I'm typing this the thought of that feeling gives me the creeps.

So to get rid of this fear I just sort of accepted it as being part of me and also by convincing myself that it was really interesting instead of frightning. This took me years and I'm just now starting to accept all this.

And it really helped as I learned to better shield myself from unwanted emotions and such.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
If you are not afraid of death then what are you afraid of?

Pain. I've experienced some pretty bad pain at various times in my life, and I would like to avoid that as much as possible. I have a pretty good understanding that death will just be the end of existence and the universe, and there isn't going to be any afterlife, so certainly no judgment by supernatural entities.

But I would like to avoid any pain that might be part of the process. I don't need that.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm afraid of dying... but I know Im scared of HOW I'm going to die. Nobody likes pain, nobody likes misery... but honestly if I was dying of a disease that was incureable, I'd rather take something and just go to sleep. I'm ashamed to say I don't have the bravery to endure it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join