It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to get away from the "NWO"? Build your own floating Country.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've been reading about this concept for a while now.

www.wired.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The idea of this has been around for a while, with the use of pycrete as land.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Somewhere near Australia, there is a large floating object made of plastic and lots of used condoms that is big enough to land a small plane on. Heard this on C2C.
Could maybe commandeer this and plant your own personal flag on it and name it, well, I can think of some things to name it,
, but name it whatever you like.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Ah, I remember that well, trekking around the sperm bogs of condonlandia...

Ewww.

The idea of floating cities is nothing new, but the problem is one of economic investment and of course engineering. It is extremly resource intensive to make a city float on top of what is essentially the universal solvent, water. Perhaps one of the better alternatives would be biotech, perhaps, if some sort of floating biological mass could be developed to build on then it might become feasible. With metallurgy I honestly don't see it happening, at least not in a scale to house millions. But I could be wrong, it's been known to happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Bah the main problem is with this you're stuck out in the ocean here comes the 50ft swells.....

You get my point.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What happens when there's an earthquake, tsunami, hurricane, etc heck even a whale shark or a blue whale they could probably tip the thing over.

The platforms will never survive any type of serve natural force.

Wouldn't a big building or tower built in the middle of the ocean be basically a giant lightning rod

A better idea would be building artificial islands like the world, the universe in Dubai or Kansai Airport in Japan they have a better chance of surviving.

new topics

top topics

join