It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange upright object on MARS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Appears to be an upright object on Mars. This is a strange one, maybe a trick of the light? Any ideas?

Here's the info:

PSP_010567_2360.RED.NOMAP.JP2
X: 14274
Y: 37712

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Normally the first to agree with this sort of thing...

However this does not jump out at me like others have.

Thank you for taking the time to find out info yourself instead of taking it for granted though!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well the shadow of the object would indicate that it is standing upright. It's seems to be the only long shadow in the shot.

It could be a natural rock formation but i'd rather believe it's an ET tower or something like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that what I see right there is some martians letting up a weather baloon. But my other guess would be some kind of dust-devil or a geyser type ejection.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I would say that the photo has been messed with due to the angle of the shadow being differednt to those cast by other objects in the shot.

Dont get me wrong i wish it were something juicy but thats my guess anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

From the angle of the shadows of other things in the photo, it does contradict the fact that there is only one light source in space to illuminate the surface.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
All the shadows in the picture are right to left angled. There is only one light source and multiple different shaped rocks on uneven ground.

The human brain is playing tricks on you guys.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It could be just a natural rock formation Mars has plenty of dust storms to shape rocks and hills.

Earth examples. I say its a rock formation

[edit on 20-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's just messing with your eyes.

see it now?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Some of those are crazy to look at. Totally mess with your head... Like WTF's that doing up there!? Who done it!? lol.

Even though I know it's a natural formation.

As for the Mars image though, I have to agree. There's something not quite right with the angle of the shadow.

[EDIT]: Posted the same time as the above post and after seeing that picture it puts it into perspective. Thanks for pointing that out.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Lee_K]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
after some careful studying of this picture...
judging from the rock outcrop and surroundinf features it looks like the shadow is being cast inline with the others. (mine is in yellow)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Funny how suggestion can change our perspective of things. I think it is just simply a rock formation based on the previous photo.

Good thread none the less OP.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sincerely, this is one of those cases when I think that many of the "anomalies" are only "discovered" because people do not have the conditions to see the images to their full potential.

I say this because the rock (I suppose it's a rock) is perfectly visible in the photo, at least on my monitor, so I find it hard not to see it, if the conditions are good.

But keep on looking, nobody knows if you will find something interesting next time!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Was hoping it was the monilith from 2001 but turns out to be a trick of the light, rubbish

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rightuos

If you look more closely, you can see the virgin mary! That is a wide shadow cast off a flat rock. Not a long shadow cast from a tall one.

top topics

join