It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO caught on tape at presidential inauguration

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by cluckerspud

have the video?

i have been waiting for a high def vid to look at, i want to see the difference between the two, i know you-tube's compression is horrible, but the way it streaks through the air at the speed this (bird) was going was an incredible glitch that i want to understand.

im really interested on its speed. its speed was intense, but then again it could of been closer to the camera and could of been 40 mph.

any idea where i could grab a better version of the vid??

My suggestion is to write CNN.. other than that, I don't know.
I don't have it, but if I did and I uploaded it, I'm sure we'd be
back to square 1 (crappy compressed video).

I wish I was as clairvoyant as InfaRedMan when he said
to his girlfriend, "You watch, in a few hours someone will be claiming to have seen a UFO over the inauguration"!

It was a bird, nothing more.

Alright mr chicken, since you are familiar with your species habits, ill take your word for it. but im still interested on fast that thing was going.

i think me and you are the only ones from jersey on ATS today.

KFC ANYONE!?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Objectivethinking

Ok I guess I need to sign in for anything to post on here so here it goes.
During the lunchin behind nobama there was a painting that they were discussing and I believe it was by Thomas Hill. As the camera was zooming towards the painting there were these two blue oval shaped objects on the painting side by side. The cameraman zoomed in a little closer to keep them out of frame. Did anyone else see this or possibly recorded the lunchin event??? Please respond, thank you.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by hovernator]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

have the video?

i have been waiting for a high def vid to look at, i want to see the difference between the two, i know you-tube's compression is horrible, but the way it streaks through the air at the speed this (bird) was going was an incredible glitch that i want to understand.

im really interested on its speed. its speed was intense, but then again it could of been closer to the camera and could of been 40 mph.

any idea where i could grab a better version of the vid??

My suggestion is to write CNN.. other than that, I don't know.
I don't have it, but if I did and I uploaded it, I'm sure we'd be
back to square 1 (crappy compressed video).

I wish I was as clairvoyant as InfaRedMan when he said
to his girlfriend, "You watch, in a few hours someone will be claiming to have seen a UFO over the inauguration"!

It was a bird, nothing more.

Alright mr chicken, since you are familiar with your species habits, ill take your word for it. but im still interested on fast that thing was going.

i think me and you are the only ones from jersey on ATS today.

KFC ANYONE!?

Hahahaa, No KFC for me. Burnett Bar-B-Q in Union....
I wish I lived in TX. I miss Mikeska's BBQ.
mmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

THATS NO BIRD!!!!! it would have to be as big as a plane to have an outline that size, open your eyes and your mind this is their next step be aware of what you take a ufo for. only listen to people who want to see the best for their family and friends anyone else shouldnt get the time of day, chances are they want to make time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hey everyone. I've not viewed the footage, but I've got a question after reading some of the initial replies to this post...who's to say that THEY can't utilize a bird or even a bug-like decoy in their surveilance activities?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by plainmike]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777
Whatever it is it flies over a half mile in about 1 second. i mesured it out on google earth from the same angle as the video shoot with wolf blitzer in it that the OP provided

!Anathema

Are you sure? Half a mile? How do you know the distance to the "object"?

Then, in your (2D) "logic", maybe you can tell me the distance to this "UFO", who flies instantly above the mountains?

or distance to this "UFO" above the distant hill?:

Those are insects or birds, meters or maybe tens of meters away. You confuse speed with angular speed.

For other "UFO's", see my personal holiday collection:

www.freewebs.com... (escamilla like rods too! in the bottom of the page)

www.freewebs.com...

www.freewebs.com...

www.freewebs.com...

Originally posted by plainmike
Hey everyone. I've not viewed the footage, but I've got a question after reading some of the initial replies to this post...who's to say that THEY can't utilize a bird or even a bug-like decoy in their surveilance activities?

So, they deployed a bunch of bug-like decoys here in Romania, just to let me photograph them.

Now: is there in the OP some little tiny smaller bit of evidence that the moving pixel there is somethink extraordinary out of the common? Or we just like to talk words?

[edit on 21/1/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hovernator

I too spotted the blue/purple oval shapes in the painting just before the inauguration lunch.It was quite strange wasn't it? I did a double take when I saw them!! Then,frustratingly we weren't able to see them again even whilst the painting was still in the shot.

Glad I didn't imagine it!!Anyone else spot this?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think it was Calypso Louie Farakkhan heading back from his mother ship to celebrate Obama's coronation.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I think that it is definitely not a bird or even a jet. It is way to big and fast to be a bird and it would have made at least a little noise if it was a jet. So what else could it be.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

Umm, it's a bird.
Without a doubt.

My case had been made through the 7 or 8 pages.

Bird....

If I'm wrong it's only cause it turns out to be a duck.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hello all,
I was also watching the inauguration and saw what looked like a extremely fast moving UFO flying from left to right behind the Capitol dome. This took place at the end of the ceremonies when Bush was leaving DC in his helicopter.
Unfortunately, I don't have the capabilities to record from my TIVO-I can definitely say it was not a bird or a passenger plane landing at Reagan National. The only other possibility it could be is a military jet protecting P-56-Washington DC airspace. The speed this object was moving was mind boggling, let's hope someone else saw this object and is able to post the video at some point.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If its a bird how can you explain the speed and the size when it crossed in front of the Washington Monument. I didn't know teradactyle size birds still existed and definitly never saw a bird that fast, not even in fiction. People with larch tv's can you take a still image and post it while it is in front of the Washington monument?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
this is VERY IMPORTANT!

on the footage
you can see right hand corner
a human looking figure dangling from the pole
what is it

a ghost?

please tel me

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

If it's a plane then it's a new secret plane with wings that flap
and craps on cars that were just washed. The scale of the video
you are watching is not giving a just image of what flew by.

LOL.... that was cute.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sorry.. I was trying to quote you above and it didn't work out well. I suck at this quoting thing!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alienproof

Hey man start your own thread.
This thread is about the bird that people think is a u.f.o.
Now you bring ghosts hanging from a pole into this?!
I feel this thread has officially run off the road
and off a cliff.

What's next?!
Wolf Blitzer may be be a wolf?!

Oh my god...wait..he does kind of look like a wolf.

Wolf Blitzer IS a wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Whatever it is it flies over a half mile in about 1 second. i mesured it out on google earth from the same angle as the video shoot with wolf blitzer in it that the OP provided

!Anathema
Making some points that rickyrrr made:

This video is NOT stereoscopic (3D).

So how can you know for certain that the numbers you plugged in your formula are even accurate?

Does Google earth show you where the camera was in relation to the BIRD?
NO!! You know the direction it was pointed.

Was the camera Zoomed in?! At what ratio?!

Not being able to answer these questions is solid proof, that you don't know
the physical location of the camera.

How high off the ground was the camera?!

Can you definitively say for certain what the flight of the BIRD was?
No, you can not on Google earth or with the video provided. We get a
general idea, but not an exact.

Your results are not true and therefore do not back up your statement of
an object flying half a mile a second.

IT'S A BIRD!!

Objectivethinking,
Hahaha, even if I said it was me, people would still be doing
there at home Google physics presentations.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by cluckerspud]

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by Objectivethinking
I see what you mean.but what still is strange to me is the the bird covered more than 800 feet in about 1.5 seconds.this is evident from the vantage point of the cameraman and the relative size of the people walking below. however I have never been to washington so i would be familiar with the size of this particular area.

How can you know that? It's not like this video is stereoscopic (3D). So you don't know if the bird is very close to the camera or far away.

A bird close to the camera would look as big as this one and as fast.

A UFO further away from the camera would have to be much faster, but just so you know, sound travels at about 1 foot per milisecond. That means that a quarter mile takes about a second. The distance covered does not, at first glance, appear anywhere near a quarter mile.

-rrr

Originally posted by depthoffield

!Anathema

Are you sure? Half a mile? How do you know the distance to the "object"?

Then, in your (2D) "logic", maybe you can tell me the distance to this "UFO", who flies instantly above the mountains?

Those are insects or birds, meters or maybe tens of meters away. You confuse speed with angular speed.

For other "UFO's", see my personal holiday collection:

www.freewebs.com... (escamilla like rods too! in the bottom of the page)

Originally posted by plainmike

So, they deployed a bunch of bug-like decoys here in Romania, just to let me photograph them.

Now: is there in the OP some little tiny smaller bit of evidence that the moving pixel there is somethink extraordinary out of the common? Or we just like to talk words?

You don't have to jump down my throat bro. I used 3D Google Earth with Building 3D turned on. I then Paused the OP's video where it shows the Washington Monument and on Google Earth found the land marks in the video to determine at least what side of the monument they were filming on, and which way the camera was pointing. I then lowered the google earth image down close to ground level to try and mimic the camera angle and footage, and yes I could get a rough idea of where the camera was and how far away it was (within approx. 50 feet) by using landmarks for direction of footage and triangulation and the fact that they were interviewing wolf blitzer in that footage tells me the camera was probably about 5 to 10 feet in front of him (Assuming that the person conducting the interview for CNN wasn't a mile away filming Wolf's coverage of the events).

I then tracked the bird/ufo's entry into the footage, direction of flight and where it exited the cameras view. Then it was simple. I used the Google Earth ruler and made a mark at the objects approx. entry location and made a line to the approx. spot it left our field of view and it was .47 miles

Bottom line is I took my time, used landmarks and common sense and got a rough estimate of how far we saw the object fly, either way I know one thing for sure and that is I did a good enough job to say 90% sure that whatever it was it did travel between 1200 - 2500 feet in that video footage and it did it in about 1 second.

I dont know what it is but think before you jump on me like Im just doing I wanna believe guess work because fact is I was just trying to supply everyone with a rough estimate of the distance the object traveled. I have no reservation as to what it might be, probably is a bird. I believe an appology is in order because I did actually do pretty good job with the tools and evidence available and I believe I used the proper steps to get some scientific data to be applied to this video and be used to help determine what the object is. I didn't just sloppily guess this or that and make a stupid post.

Just trying to help so please show a little respect. Thank You.

~Anathema

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's a bird. It flew in front of the Cleopatra's Needle, at only about 40% of it's height.
If it were a craft flying at that height, people would notice.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If you look at the image closely and freeze the frame the object passes in front of the Washington monument and does not move at a rate of speed inconsistent with that of a bird compared to the movement of the people on the ground. Another aspect clearly indicates that the object passes in close proximity to the light scaffolding in the foreground revealing a size consistent to that of a bird. Further observation at freeze frames does indicate what appears to be the flapping of wings as it changes altitude and direction until flying out of the video frame.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
its not a bird and not a plane, its a ufo simple as that. this object didnt fly behide the stone, but in front of it. you can see the shadows when you replay few times.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join