It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO caught on tape at presidential inauguration

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Read through the thread.

It is a bird.

Might as well save your breath or the bandwidth as it were. Some people here are going to grasp at any straw they can to convince themselves it is something out of the ordinary.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
its a crude estimate, still going way too fast and still im not convinced its a bird. i want the high def res video to be certain.
just need to see the evidence to rule out all possibilities.

Not trying to convince you, i honestly don't mind what you think it is... it's up to you.

I just think it's a bird... I'm happy for it to be a bug too.... but It's nothing out of the ordinary, and it is not traveling at any great speed.
It just "appears" that way.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Yes, But this was posted by a 1st timer...

We were told in the "Pseudoskeptics and Disinformationists" thread that one of the signs of a disinformation agent is someone who registers right before they post!

Of course, that probably only applies to "skeptics" and not believers.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I know man... i think you're right

What can ya do?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Objectivethinking
I see what you mean.but what still is strange to me is the the bird covered more than 800 feet in about 1.5 seconds.this is evident from the vantage point of the cameraman and the relative size of the people walking below. however I have never been to washington so i would be familiar with the size of this particular area.

How can you know that? It's not like this video is stereoscopic (3D). So you don't know if the bird is very close to the camera or far away.

A bird close to the camera would look as big as this one and as fast.

A UFO further away from the camera would have to be much faster, but just so you know, sound travels at about 1 foot per milisecond. That means that a quarter mile takes about a second. The distance covered does not, at first glance, appear anywhere near a quarter mile.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

blup,

as i said before. i don't believe its alien or w/e im just saying the speeds abnormal. i need better video to do a better analysis.

im using this one as practice since its new. it doesn't bother me if it turns out to be a bird/plane/super Obama, it will just make me more skeptical the next time around... if its a bird, check and see if it had any propulsion system or w/e.

this stuff is kind of fun to run through.
i want someone to correct me mathematically! anyone else want to do their best to get an approximation on its speed? im still flipped flopped on what it is. will someone please intrigue me and give me an explanation on why its moving so fast?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Here is a better one @ 50% zoom.I know it's blurry but it's the best I can do with easy screen capture.

Only trying to help,Thanks.

Lewtra

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Fab first post...and look at how many points you have racked up. Cool!

My question would be why would ET craft be seen at major Earth events - given their ability to travel space you would think they would have robust enough technology to keep an eye on what's going on remotely.

Don't let the nay-sayers grind you down though. Some comments are harsh, but keep em coming...it keeps this place alive.

Great to meet you!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

thnks for the SS, it just makes me think even more that it isn't a bird, its elongated, and moving too fast to be a bird. as i said before, i could be wrong! i dont see wings, i doesn't look anything that looks like a bird in those shots.

get a SS of the WINGS FLAPPING then ill cease to refute the bird theory.

I had an idea of using Google earth, and the street view, to get the same angle as the camera, and see if we can get a better understanding of where this object came, and should be better at getting an approx speed. if its in excess of 200MPH then its not a bird, and should be labeled UFO... only then! right now, its just an enigma. (BTW, UFO could mean anything, meteor, falling toilet, crashing satellite, reflection of light hitting off the camera to produce this abnormal object... etc.) not saying its alien, i will only believe alien if one lands, and walks out, and greets people.

EDIT: dang grummer is hooridbull

[edit on 21-1-2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Who are you guys saying that is a bird? It´s clearly going way to fast and straight to be a bird! C´mon guys!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My favorite is an insect.

Not sure about Washington D.C. but here around Minneapolis, insects die when it gets cold. Hasn't it been cold in DC for a few days now? I don't know of any insects that live in frigid weather, perhaps some here could post a list of insects that do live in frigid weather. Not saying there are none, Box Elder bugs seem pretty hearty, but they congregate on a warm surface, when the sun is out, but I don't ever see them when it's that cold.

Star to the poster a few posts up, that got the screen shot, since I can't see the video any longer. Yep, looks like a bird to me. OK maybe not.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

Cool no worries, wasn't trying to be rude...sorry if i came off that way

I'll leave you guys to it anyway.

Keep searching

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Finally everyone realizes it wasn't a bird. I'm not saying it's an alien but that screen shot clearly shows it's not a bird!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Finally everyone realizes it wasn't a bird. I'm not saying it's an alien but that screen shot clearly shows it's not a bird!

yea, been trying to say that its not a bird... going 400 MPH, i doubt it is one.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It was a UFO. Unidentified Flying Object. But.....I was wearing my 'They Live' glasses (thanks Mr. Piper) and Wolf B. and that other dude who reminds me of Steve Martin were clearly aliens. Now that I think of it, wouldn't a bird be the perfect disguise for aliens. I mean who ever said they were tall folks?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

This entire area would definately be a no fly zone during this time. It is either a bird or a UFO. Nothing man made would be flying here that is for sure.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

What is bothering me is that the object gets smaller the further away it travels.Now, if it was a bug moving across the frame surely the size would not alter a great deal.

Have a look at these two shots and you will see my point.

i547.photobucket.com...

i547.photobucket.com...

Lewtra

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

No, not everyone is saying that.

I have yet to see any evidence that suggests it is anything BUT a bird.

The screen shot above, um, look at everything else in it - all BLURRY due to movement.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I have to agree....

reply to post by Portugoal

I was leaving to allow you guys to keep on searching..(or reaching)

It is still a bird

I just don't want to keep going round and round.... i get dizzy.

Enjoy

Click to enlarge via the youtube link... you can see it flapping in at the start!!

[edit on 21/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Insects or birds. No "high speed" involved. what is indeed "high", is the "angular velocity", which is speed in relation with distance. that's why a bird or a fly appear to have a higher speed contrary to an airplane or ISS. But ISS is moving with 27000 km/h, airplane with 800 km/h, the bird with maybe 40 km/h, and the fly maybe with 10 km/h. Which is speedy?

Don't think 2D, think 3D.

Some personal examples of insects, or birds:

more examples here:

www.freewebs.com...
www.freewebs.com...
www.freewebs.com...

(dismiss the text
)

[edit on 21/1/09 by depthoffield]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>