It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO caught on tape at presidential inauguration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.stanford.edu...

Generally birds follow the facetious advice often given to pilots -- "fly low and slow." Most cruise speeds are in the 20-to-30-mph range, with an eider duck having the fastest accurately clocked air speed of about 47 mph. During a chase, however, speeds increase; ducks, for example, can fly 60 mph or even faster, and it has been reported that a Peregrine Falcon can stoop at speeds of 200 mph (100 mph may be nearer the norm). Interestingly, there is little relationship between the size of a bird and how fast it flies. Both hummingbirds and geese can reach roughly the same maximum speeds.

Its a bird!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
From my 17 inch blurry monitor, it looks like something passes by so fast that noone would even notice it... and then makes a turn in the end and disappears behind a building.
I can't see any flapping or anything like that, but if you see that on an HD TV, ill take your word.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
whats the fastest bird in existence??

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

www.stanford.edu...

Generally birds follow the facetious advice often given to pilots -- "fly low and slow." Most cruise speeds are in the 20-to-30-mph range, with an eider duck having the fastest accurately clocked air speed of about 47 mph. During a chase, however, speeds increase; ducks, for example, can fly 60 mph or even faster, and it has been reported that a Peregrine Falcon can stoop at speeds of 200 mph (100 mph may be nearer the norm). Interestingly, there is little relationship between the size of a bird and how fast it flies. Both hummingbirds and geese can reach roughly the same maximum speeds.

Its a bird!

Hey! You stole my link
Shame Shame!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
clearly it wasnt swooping... so... 60mph tops right?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Come on now. It's a bird. You can see the wings flapping. You can see that is flies in front of the monument. Birds do fly fast.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
that cam has the view of the whole park.. Will find out how fast this bird was going...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The video isn't fast forwarded because the Wolf (Blitzer) is talking in real time.

Honestly, it has to be a relatively big bird considering it is almost as big as the people on the ground!

And sure birds can fly relatively fast but seriously, what bird that big can fly that fast near Washington, D.C!

AND just as I wrote this I realized one thing! Birds fly south during the Winter. What is a bird flying ALONE doing in the middle of January in Washington, D.C...

Or is "the birds fly south during the winter" a Canadian-specific phenomenon?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Hey! You stole my link
Shame Shame!

Arrrgh, didnt mean to. Hahahaa.

Honestly the moment it happened I did think, "Whoa, U.F.O."

We did the old rewind thing about 5 times and slow motion.
You could clearly make out a flapping motion, even the shape
of a bird.

It's a bird and I would say moving at @ 50mph.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by cluckerspud]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Hey! You stole my link
Shame Shame!

Arrrgh, didnt mean to. Hahahaa.

Honestly the moment it happened I did think, "Whoa, U.F.O."

We did the old rewind thing about 5 times and slow motion.
You could clearly make out a flapping motion, even the shape
of a bird.

It's a bird and I would say moving at @ 50mph.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by cluckerspud]

Its ok. Im just teasing you.

I am TRYING to get a screen shot. But i can clearly see the flapping of the wings when it first enters the screen.

Seriously, it is a BIRD.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Are you sure? I thought the area had a strict no fly zone in place today.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
if we can get the size of the park... and the calculate the time it took for the bird to cross the park.. we can get a speed.. then once we get the speed we can see if this is possible for a bird... and the bird was clearly not swooping.. it flew straight

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
The video isn't fast forwarded because the Wolf (Blitzer) is talking in real time.

Honestly, it has to be a relatively big bird considering it is almost as big as the people on the ground!

And sure birds can fly relatively fast but seriously, what bird that big can fly that fast near Washington, D.C!

AND just as I wrote this I realized one thing! Birds fly south during the Winter. What is a bird flying ALONE doing in the middle of January in Washington, D.C...

Uhhh. All birds do NOT fly south for the winter

And size and speed can easily be skewed when looking at something at a distance or on a camera video/photo.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Its most likely a Fighter Jet. Here in America fly by's are very common for important events. Its like a parade in the sky.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Go for it. And what kind of bird would be in D.C in the middle of Winter trying to catch another bird for prey?

Can't think of any...any answers bird man

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
one thing it can be an optical illusion...possibly an insect? flying close to cam..giving the illusion that its flying over the park?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Uhhh. All birds do NOT fly south for the winter

And size and speed can easily be skewed when looking at something at a distance or on a camera video/photo.

Yes I do realize that
But how many types of birds that big in the Washington DC area that fly alone during the winter can there be?

That might shorten the list of possiblilities.

link   
Seriously, are some of you wanting it to be something its not sooo bad, that you are completely discounting the fact that there are birds there, birds fly fast, some of us saw WINGS FLAPPING as it entered the camera.

There is absolutely NOTHING that says it could be anything other then a bird. OK, maybe a bug
But I see wings flapping.

link   
It is an alien space craft cleverly disguised as a bird.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I doubt it was a bird... in order to cross the park so quickly the speeds would have to be much higher then what a bird (not swooping) is capable of doing... it must be an insect flying close to cam giving the illusion of it flying over people..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join