It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Likely Response to a US Backed Isreali Attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Israel will not attack unless they want to drag the US in, unfortunately for Israel to hit Iran they have to use Iraqi air space and that will implicate the US, once the first bomb is dropped on Iran the first thing Iran will do is target the US fleet and slow or stop oil from leaving the gulf of Hormuz.

You can be assured if Irans nuclear facilities are hit that there will be Russian workers in them that will be killed dragging rusia into the picture as well.
China will keep it's army strong and fit and not wear them down with needless fighting and stay out of the picture until they know they can just walk in and take control.

Again this is just an opinion like all others, we don't have crystal balls to see the future, but we can probably be certain that we are very close to the point of no return.

It is getting close, but would russia risk a war when its neighbours are supporting the US, i believe it would only move with China's help. As for the Russian workers would russia publicly admit it was illegally suppling iran with Nuclear weapons and the means for it, see we all know it but it is not a thing they would admit anytime soon. its sort of like Black ops/CIA they know who it is but the country will not admit it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Juksey

The Iranian nuclear program is not illegal, it is a civilian energy progrm, it is only illegal in the eyes of Israel and the US,
Iran has signed the NPT and also allow IAEA to inspect it's facilities, Mind you Israel still has not signed the NPT and are very secretive about their atomic programs.

So Russia could be drawn in, China does not have to fight in order to support Russia or even Iran, they can just say they are neutral in this and will only fight if attacked, you may see Taiwan and south Korea being gobbled up with no one realizing it is happening with all the attention on the ME.

The US will have to fight a war on foreign soil, Israel will have to then defend itself, Iran and Russia are on home soil so they just need to defend, more and more troops and munitions taken out of the US making it a very easy target.
Even with allies helping support the US, they still have to feed the troops and arm them and if they are surrounded will have no where to go, I doubt Iraq will help the US, I believe that Iraq will quickly side with Iran strangely enough and supply fighters.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Prince I know its difficult for you to understand and all but a larger population means there are more men that can fight and more that can beocme freedom fighters. And I don't know why your glaoting over Iraq becuase you have won didly there and as soon as Obama starts he will pull the troops out so thats another defeat to chalk up to the much vaunted US military.

Slayer, you have no proof that Russia or China wont support Iran so whats your point? The mere fact that the Russians are supplying Iran with some of its best weapons systems is an indicator of its support also the Nuke project. China has been supplying it with missile sytems that the US cannot beat. They may not openly back Iran but you can be sure they will happily supply any country that takes on the US. Why fight a war yourself when you can get others to do it for you.

The Russians are smarter than the Americans, they dont't go around bragging what they can do and who to. They have a habit of keeping quite but slowly pushing their agenda and objectives. A war with Iran will spell the end of the US, perphaps thats whats on the cards right now. Time for the US to hand the crown to some one else.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

oh wow dude WOW never EVER underestimate the enemy Iran TRAINED Hezbollah and supplied them with 1970's soviet wire guided anti-tank missiles that blew apart the merkavov tank now if Iran supplied those to hezbollah it stands to reason that they have them as well.

Also Russia has helped Iran out by giving them weapons over the years(it's why Russia is so pally with Iran) the revolutionary guards(Iran) have the capability to fight and are well armed and extremely mobile.

TL
R LEARN to Google

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yes Iran will be taken out like Iraq and Afghanistan before them. As you say we heard all the same stuff about the Iraqi military, same about the Afghanis. Fact is they are generations behind in actual military terms. Iran could be taken out piece of piss Saddam style no problem. All this stuff about China and Russia, they can be bought out, they want a piece of the cake too. We just saw how devastating a display the IDF put on in Gaza, they are a mean tool in modern warfare, now imagine USA and UK (possibly France too) taking out Iran proper style. Just like Saddam and the Taliban before them, the Mullahs would be eliminated piece of piss (mother of all battles) in no time at all.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

Yes Iran will be taken out like Iraq and Afghanistan before them. As you say we heard all the same stuff about the Iraqi military, same about the Afghanis. Fact is they are generations behind in actual military terms. Iran could be taken out piece of piss Saddam style no problem. All this stuff about China and Russia, they can be bought out, they want a piece of the cake too. We just saw how devastating a display the IDF put on in Gaza, they are a mean tool in modern warfare, now imagine USA and UK (possibly France too) taking out Iran proper style. Just like Saddam and the Taliban before them, the Mullahs would be eliminated piece of piss (mother of all battles) in no time at all.

funny thing to see people thinking what happened in afghanistan, iraq and in gaza recently as a victory...

you didn't eliminate nothing: talibans are stronger than before, troops must leave iraq, hamas is still there, while israelis are pulling back...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There will be NO war against Iran...Even Bush denied in 2008 to give Israel special bunker buster bombs...Without these bombs it`s impossible to destroy the nuclear underground facilities shich are very deep under the above nuclear power plant`s like in Natahn and everywhere across the country...And when even Bush have not agreed and strictly denied to give these bombs he also denied that Israel make a attack on their own.
It`s a fact that Israel has demanded these new bunker busters from USA but received a strictly NO.
Iran has used the time well and Russia has build and will be building nuclear Power Plants in Iran..Russia will ever give a Veto in the UN for a article 7 resolution...And not think that Iran only has weapons you can see on YouTube videos..Those weapons are shown public..and no country would show the real thing for the public....Bush knew that it will be the start of kinda WWIII if Israel attacks Iran...Abd bow with another president USA has now a absolute change in White-House...In USA themself they have made a joke that Obama has a Academic administration..A Nobel-price holder of physik and much more intelectual people..There will be now a absolute new politic..Not a black - white politic Bush had all the time..Things like "if you are are not with me you are against me."...This politic has chabged now...Diplomacy is now the keyword.
Hey People here... only think that the very bad (for me he has been the worst US president of all) evil himself Bush is gone now and that a complete new generation has the power in the USA now..The absolute backing up for Israel will end..Sure they still will get weapons from USA but weapons that will be choosed wisely and not like the cowboy menthality before like "Yeahh.(cigar in mouth and chewing tobacco juice spitting in a pot
.. saying..No problem....every weapon you want and so much you want are already on the way to your harbour" ...Thank you George.W

Times will definetely change now and a war against Iran is no option anymore as Baradi has told 1000 times that there is no evidence of a nuclear-weapon program in Iran..Ican understand Iran...They want own Nuclear-power plants to have energy from them and to sell more oil..And that they want to make the burning-sticks for their NPP is a usual thing..so they can be sure that their NPP are working without a break if suddenly a country would say "Sorry Iran, we can not deliver your enriched-Uran burning-sticks anymore if they would make a contract that another country deliver them with the burning-power you need for a NPP.

There will be a change inside Iran...but that will then have to do with direct diplomatic talks with USA after there has been silence between them for more than 30 years....You have to talk, even with a kind of enemy..Maybe the other side has good plans to offer...That is 1 of the most important foreign policy for USA now...To open diplomacy canals with Iran and other Muslim country`s Bush has called "the achse of the Beast`s"
But that don`t count anymore.

Sorry for my bad English, but I hope you understand what I mean.

-Samier-

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Depends on what the objectives are. In Iraq, Saddam Husseins regime is no longer in power (the main goal of the war) objective met.

Afghanistan-The Taliban regime no longer in power (the main goal of the war) objective met.

Gaza operation still left Hamas in power but it appears that srael stopped far short (on their own) from trying to eliminate them. Regime change in Gaza was not on the list.

Guess it all depends on how you look at it.

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

funny thing to see people thinking what happened in afghanistan, iraq and in gaza recently as a victory...

you didn't eliminate nothing: talibans are stronger than before, troops must leave iraq, hamas is still there, while israelis are pulling back...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I never gloated over Iraq. I just said that Iraq's military was just as big as Irans even though they have 1/4 the population of Iran.

PLUS the MAIN reason is that unlike Iraq, NO ONE has said ANYTHING about REGIME CHANGE in Iran which constitutes a whole completely different military objective altogether. When are folks going to quit comparing Iraq to Iran when it comes to a conflict when the objectives are completely diffetrent?

Has anyone said anything about an occupying force going into Iran to change their government and occupy the country? NO!! It has always been about eliminating their nuclear program.

Occupying a country and changing a regime means not only achieving military goals but also winning the hearts and minds of the people on the street which is VERY difficult to do while establishing a new government at the same time.

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Prince I know its difficult for you to understand and all but a larger population means there are more men that can fight and more that can beocme freedom fighters. And I don't know why your glaoting over Iraq becuase you have won didly there and as soon as Obama starts he will pull the troops out so thats another defeat to chalk up to the much vaunted US military.

Slayer, you have no proof that Russia or China wont support Iran so whats your point? The mere fact that the Russians are supplying Iran with some of its best weapons systems is an indicator of its support also the Nuke project. China has been supplying it with missile sytems that the US cannot beat. They may not openly back Iran but you can be sure they will happily supply any country that takes on the US. Why fight a war yourself when you can get others to do it for you.

The Russians are smarter than the Americans, they dont't go around bragging what they can do and who to. They have a habit of keeping quite but slowly pushing their agenda and objectives. A war with Iran will spell the end of the US, perphaps thats whats on the cards right now. Time for the US to hand the crown to some one else.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Winning hearts and minds, OMG you carnt half tell em Prince, when are they going to start doing that with the American people. And who is America or Israel to say who can have nuke power or not. Iran can develope what it likes simple as. And I sincerely hope that if they do get involved with Iran that the UK Governmenr tells them to get stuffed.

Ufoor, you can knock Iran out can you, when are you going to do it with Iraq and Afganistan. Lets face it your bark is worse than your bite. All the US has achieved in the ME is another Vietnam, a costly war in which there is no victory but loss of face for the Americans, when are you lot going to learn that your not as good as you think you are.

The best option for the US is to get out of the ME for good, fix its own back yard and change its disasterous Foreign Policy.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
All the US has achieved in the ME is another Vietnam

Just stopping in to point out that the Middle East wars are far different than Vietnam. U.S. combat deaths[1] in Vietnam - 47,424. Combat Deaths in Iraq - 3,681, Afghanistan - 415.

The response to a U.S. backed Israeli attack would be Iran attacking U.S. troops in Iraq, which would mean certain bombardment from U.S. forces. If I was going to place a bet, I'd bet on the side that had tactical nuclear weapons. (Not to mention ICBMs)

[1] United States casualties of war

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Now how are you going to take Iran out Saddam style?
Iran has't just come out of an 8 year war and then had a run in with the US, then had sanctions placed against them for a few more years before the US struck again.
Iraq could have been taken over by a bunch of angry boy scouts by the time the US got there, Iraq was tired and hungry, they had just lost half a million children due to sanctions, and seeing as parents give to their children before themselves, it gives you an idea what the US was up against.
Did Iraq even shoot back?
Iran on the other hand is strong ahd refreshed from their run in with Saddam, they learnt from it because they where fighting against US weapons anyway.

Iran isn't a walk over, you are still in Iraq and Afghanistan, now thats what I call a victory (sarcasm intended), so faced with a tired army and a desert/cave dwelling enemy with no technology ap against a military all the technology, remind me again why are you still there?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join