It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Likely Response to a US Backed Isreali Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Whilst this has been on and off the boil for sometime and despite the Patriotic diatribe from so many hee on ATS what would be Iran's resposne to an attack on them.

For starters Iran is not Iraq, Irans population is roughly 4 times bigger the country is massive compared to Iraq and there is no way you can take out all their capabilities just by aerial warfare alone.

So any ground conflict would make Iraq look like a May Day parade by comparison. And what of Irans friends and allies, would they get involved and if they did how so, directly/indirectly?

If this is on the cards just how bad could it really get and could we see conflict coming to europe or the US?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The part that worries me is if a conflict does ensue of that nature.. who will stand up and side with Iran?

They have backers... they know they do, or they would not posture themselves the way they do.

Iran could be like opening Pandora's box.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes exactly and I am thinking is this all part of the parasites grand plan. A reshaping of the political map, resource grab and lets kill off a few hundred million while we are at it. With humans 2 things are a definite, war and death.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The initial response from Iran would probably be the target of American troops based in the Middle east. Iran would launch thousands upon thousands of various missiles at Israel and other targets. There is no doubt about it, if there is indeed a war with Iran, then I believe we the people of Europe and Israel will taste war on our shores. They have the capabilities of hitting our cities. I believe our cities would burn from their missiles.

Iran can't be beaten just by Air supremacy. Yeah, we could bomb the crap out of Iran, but that doesn't really achieve anything apart from a nice little display for the people watching at home. You'd need a ground invasion. A ground invasion of Iran would see casualties that of WWII. They're heavily defended with some impressive Military equipment.

I'm not saying that Iran would win, but there's no doubt it, they have the capability to hit back. How will the public react when Missiles start hitting our cities?

[edit on 20uTuesday09/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We forget that Russia and lately China too, back Iran like the US backs israel.

The US owes enough money to China for them to be able to tell the US to "back off Iran".

I believe this is why Bush of all people have told the israelis time and time again not to bomb Iran.

I hope that israel will fight this battle itself, even though it's too afraid to, as they have made threat after threat but don't back it up when the time comes if the US says no.

They are complacent killing rock throwing civilians, why would they fight someone who could fight back?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm not worried one bit.
Call it naive.
Call immature.
Call it what you want.

In the big picture they just don't really matter.

I can think of a lot of other more important issues in the world that need to be addressed and Iran is not among them.

Just another troller thread with some chest pounding about Iran another boogyman thread.
imho

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Just another troller thread with some chest pounding about Iran another boogyman thread.imho

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's a crap one IMHO. The Op was simply asking what would be the outcome of a war with Iran. Why is that "Chest Thumping"? Why is he a Troll?

Doesn't your reply to the thread make you the same, if not worse?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Man i don't even want to think about if anyone attacked Iran sure the us has NATO but Iran has Russia AND china Syria Lebanon Hezbollah hamas and im sure al-quieda would step in saying " it's for a just cause kill the jews wabraghgarble" or something like that but is it likely to happen F*** NO isreal is smarter and hell the USA is smarter now heck EVEN DUBYA was smart enough not to attack Iran.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
You're entitled to your opinion

I agree

crap one IMHO.

And I'll agree with that

"Chest Thumping"

And I'll agree with that also

Why is he a Troll?

That is a great question Why IS he a troll?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Umm, aren't you aware that Israel already attempted an attack on Iran which was thwarted by the US? The US denied permission for use of Iraqi airspace. So the assumption made that the US would back such an attack in the first place is flawed, imho. I don't think that US-Israeli ties are as all encompassing as some people report them to be. The presence of Israeli spies in the US and elsewhere is testament to that. They have influence yes, but please don't assume the US would back such an attack when the risks of intervention by Russia or even China are high. Not to mention the all out war that will ensue involving Syria, Turkey, and Lebanon, among others.

Israel is going to have to eventually learn to live with a nuclear armed Iran if indeed Iran acquires a nuclear weapon, much like the US, and South Korea, are now living with a nuclear armed North Korea. And there is so little evidence of this, I don't think Israel has much to worry about.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The current politics in Iran are kind of sheikhy at best. I would much prefer to see a civil war in Iran than one with anyone else. Let Iran collapse from it's own inside arrogance. Somehow I don't see Israel bombing Iran until a much stronger provocation. Even if Iran did this, it may trigger even more protests and riots in Iran. The US would probably help Israel if they were also attacked at the same time. I could see other sympathetic or arrogant countries such as North Korea taking advantage and attacking the south as well.

But I also think that at this point the US might bring out their nastiest weapons and cause some (more) earthquakes and probably some storms to go with it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is quite an interesting argument but look at it this way would china and more importantly russia stand up to the USA with NATO standing behind it dont forget that not ony does the USA and NATO have the resources it also has backing by many nations in and around that area.

I believe that it depends on weather or not Iran is backed up by China and more importantly russia. See if the USA is going to move in then not only would they get the support of its allies in case the war got bigger. See if USA moves in the UK would be right behind it and the rest of NATO would support the USA if China tried out as the USA would not back down to China as it would show a weakness and more importantly that the USA is not the most powerful nation on earth.

Now would Russia openly back Iran, well i doubt it see although Russia is more confident now and will not back down it is not as powerful as it was and without the warsaw pack to support it will it go agianst the USA think about how many countries would back the USA. Most of the EU and countries not yet accepted into the EU but that are around it which have good relations with the USA and EU, some middle east countries which are pro USA and EU, as well as Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and agian more countries in that area. It is also important to take into account african countries as they will be the next developing nations and lets not forget the Bush administration did spend a lot of money on fighting AIDS etc in that area and there are a lot of strong connections between USA and the EU which could bring them onto the USA side then theres north america and south america which would mostly side with the USA, so i do not think Russia would go agiasnt the USA straigt away especially as it does not have the support it once did and it would be evermore arguing with China over which is the bigger power so i think Russia may either be neutral or suprising side with the USA on this one as relations between China and Russia have never been as smooth as some people think.

So lets say Russia tries to stay out of it then if the consequences are higher then not only would more countries be involved as if Iran said we will attack your allies then they may join in. So if its the USA, UK, israil and a few other nations then i think the USA would win. See although the operation is bigger it just takes more planning, preparation and equipment/soldiers etc.

Theoretically it is possible to take out the majority of Irans facilities but it would cost a lot of money and would leave the USA open to attack unless there is a heavy commitment from NATO. Also the operation would last quite a long time with extra airfields around iran being used as well as all Aircraft carriers and subs with conventional missiles in firing range of iran.

The First strike would be taking out Airfields, RADAR stations, Command posts, communication facilities, Power plants, Missile bases, Large military bases near the borders and Naval facilities.

Once aerial domination has been established then a ground invasion could take place. Also it is important that Total war is used this can be a build up to the war to not only weaken Irans economy therefore effecting their abilities to mass produce ammunition etc, but also in cutting communications and also in cuasing conflicts betwent the population and the government and also in lowering the effectiveness of any guerilla tactics.

The ground invasion would need constant support not only from aircraft but from Artillery and also Naval bombardments when in range as Iran does have a strong ground force which is why it is esential that their airforce is taken out as they know and are used to that terrian also we are the ones that will have to handle a Logistical nightmare if we are to keep casulties to a minimum.

Then after the war it is what we do after it we should look to rebuild and redevelop the place and help all causlties.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is how it will play down with 98% percent accuracy.

Russia will not back Iran.

China will not back Iran.

The only country that will back Iran is Iran.

Yes it will be a longer war than Iraq, but they will still go out the same way.

Iraq was considered the supreme military power of the middle east. Now we have moved on to consider Iran that military power. Bunch of bull. They do not have what it takes to fight a modern war. When the smoke clears, then we can talk about how they will turn into nothing more than suicide bombers.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Slayer, do not call me a troll and take your ignorance elsewhere. The problems in the ME affect us all and could affect us in far more serious ways, to ignore that or belittle it is just stupid. If you dont' like the subject matter you don't have to post and if there are more worthy things to discuss then start a thread on them.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
As we would want to prevent any future revenge etc. But the fact is the USA wont attack untill there is public support to attack iran.

As for foreign intervention i see that unlikely due to neither country wanting a confrontation as the USA would not back down. Therefore it would need something big to move into Iran in the firstplace In fear of a confrontation which both side would not back down, although we do need to stop iran and make an example that we will not accept rogue unstable nations to Manufacture nuclear and long range missiles. Furthermore is the reason why NK should be Disarmed but that is another argument.

Saying the USA would never invade iran is not true. to show this remember 9/11 that day before all the conspiracys every american and even British and other countries such as canada (generally the majority of english speaking countries) but also the majority of democratic countries wanted to get the people who planned it. when you seen it on the news did you want to get them. well what if iran helps fund and openly commits terrible acts like this well we know they fund, hide and encourage terrorism its a matter of time untill they are directly involved. and when the public want to invade then thats when war will break out.

How could george bush not invade afgansitan after 9/11 he would have even lower public support as he would have been shown to do nothing.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
This is how it will play down with 98% percent accuracy.

Russia will not back Iran.

China will not back Iran.

The only country that will back Iran is Iran.

Yes it will be a longer war than Iraq, but they will still go out the same way.

Exactly there are no facts no proof to show that Russia or China would stick their necks out in an all out war over Iran

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Its so funny how ive seen the whole "Irans population is 4 times the size of Iraqs". So what does this mean? Who cares? Irans MILITARY isnt 4 times the size of Iraqs!!!

Look at Israel's population. Judge a country's military capability by how many citizens it has you do? Wow.

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Whilst this has been on and off the boil for sometime and despite the Patriotic diatribe from so many hee on ATS what would be Iran's resposne to an attack on them.

For starters Iran is not Iraq, Irans population is roughly 4 times bigger the country is massive compared to Iraq and there is no way you can take out all their capabilities just by aerial warfare alone.

So any ground conflict would make Iraq look like a May Day parade by comparison. And what of Irans friends and allies, would they get involved and if they did how so, directly/indirectly?

If this is on the cards just how bad could it really get and could we see conflict coming to europe or the US?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Now i dont know what people think of 9/11 or who people believe done it, me i still say the conspiracys are not true and untill someone provides me proof that it i cannot argue with, i will argue with a lot of it and say how the results could be manipulated, but look at it this way regardless of why we are there we in the ME and backing out will only cause future problems.

Let me remind you of other times the USA and other nations didnt get involved it ended up with another world war. the league of nations set up after WW1 the USA didnt join and it got ignored and WW2 happened.

The Korean war where we pulled out to early, we end up with a nuclear armed NK which is unstable rogue and still has problems with the USA.

Once more Vietnam we pulled out and North took over the south.

Afganistan when the USA backed them up agianst the Russian the USA then left them and they felt the USA should have helped rebuilding etc what happened terror attacks agianst the USA.

Now im not saying still fighting in all of them would have been right what im saying that going in bombing the place to crap and leaving doesnt work there needs to be a long time plan for rebuilding and development and standing aside doesnt work as well so there are times when going is the only option and if it it now whilst Russia and China will not send its military into direct combat with the USA it may support Iran with weapons, money, supplies etc but China is not yet ready to challenge the USA as it would probarly cuase cold war 2 or WW3 so is it better to act now than Wait and see what happens but be assured a nuclear armed Iran is more serious as the ME would be like WW3 as they will end up using it agiasn't Israil over something and Iran would be backed by China and i think Russia would back China as it them two combined now would be a real problem as technology, communication and also relations have improved a lot.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Juksey]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'm not worried one bit.
Call it naive.
Call immature.
Call it what you want.

In the big picture they just don't really matter.

I can think of a lot of other more important issues in the world that need to be addressed and Iran is not among them.

Just another troller thread with some chest pounding about Iran another boogyman thread.
imho

Iran will be a problem in the future, the ME is unstable and if iran thinks it can seriously damage israil with a nuke then it will use why, well same reason israil is bombarded day after day by missiles fired from bordering coutries practically all countries in the area dislike israil and/or one and other these are extremists which are convinced that wiping out the enemy is right what allah wants which is wrong as it is agianst isalm but the extremists preach this to young kids they brian wash them and when they are being told they will be rewarded in the after life, with the most famous being 100 virgins then the attacks will continue.

If we have to move in in the future when Iran is backed by Russia and China it will be more expensive, cost more lives and there is more chance of China and Russia getting involved and agian either WW3 or Cold war 2.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Israel will not attack unless they want to drag the US in, unfortunately for Israel to hit Iran they have to use Iraqi air space and that will implicate the US, once the first bomb is dropped on Iran the first thing Iran will do is target the US fleet and slow or stop oil from leaving the gulf of Hormuz.

You can be assured if Irans nuclear facilities are hit that there will be Russian workers in them that will be killed dragging rusia into the picture as well.
China will keep it's army strong and fit and not wear them down with needless fighting and stay out of the picture until they know they can just walk in and take control.

Again this is just an opinion like all others, we don't have crystal balls to see the future, but we can probably be certain that we are very close to the point of no return.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join