It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Russia Upon a Hill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

A New Russia Upon a Hill

www.moscowtimes.ru

suffer the most damage in 2009. In a worst-case scenario that has a roughly 50 percent chance of coming true, the dollar and the entire U.S. economy will crash by November. As a result, the country's dire political and economic problems could lead to fierce competition between the states in which wealthier states will withhold funds from the federal government and threaten secession and civil war. This in turn could lead to disintegration of the country into six parts by the summer of 2010 as the leading foreign powers take their pieces of the fallen giant. Under this scenario, California and six western states would fall under Chinese influence; Alaska would go to Russia; Hawaii would go to Japan or China; 15 states in the Midwest and Great Plains would be under Canadian influence; Texas and eight other southern states would be under Mexican influence; and the eastern seaboard states might join the European Union.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

John Titor said "The Next President tries to be the next Lincoln" Is there any doubt Civil War is

Mod Edit: To Trim The External Sourcing. Please Review The Following Link.

*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 20-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Check it out. Im not sure if it is a joke or not. I just find it strange it was on a Russian news site. Think about it. If CNN ran a story about england's economic scene and how it should be divided up, do you think it would go over well? I was just reading another John Titor thread (I know it was a hoax but a great read and well though up) and i ran into this right afterwards. I do not know what to think of it what do you guys think?

www.moscowtimes.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i think the idea that the US will collapse in the manner outlined is pretty unconvincing, it seems unlikely.

the writer of the piece is an expert in, among other dubious things, infowars/disinformation (according to the google search i just did) and i would assume this is related to that particular interest.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Been about the alternative news for a few weeks now.
I believe the author of the original piece brought it up years ago at some KGB function regarding disinfo campaign.
Correct me if I am in error.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
the author said there was a 50% chance of a breakup happening... I for one doubt it... About the U.S dollar collapsing its around 90%.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
Been about the alternative news for a few weeks now.
I believe the author of the original piece brought it up years ago at some KGB function regarding disinfo campaign.
Correct me if I am in error.

your not wrong

Watch this I couldn't help but laugh

[edit on 20-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I predicted the economic crisis to within a month with the help of the economic genius's that are all over the web. That being said I think we wont see hyper inflation tell deflation gets out of control first. The dollar should get a huuuge bump in the currency market when the currency gets unloaded in masse. That will probally be followed by hyperinflation and is the true canary in the mine imo.

I do not think that we will see a civil war its just not feasible really. Even if they came in with forgien armys. If they didn't move fast they would be grinded down to nothing eventually. Even armored divisions would have problems against a populace armed as spread out with large and varied range of terrain to fight from.

The military if it wasn't wiped out in some sort of vicious first strike. Would not turn on the people either and they happen to be in control of the highest level public conventional weapons in the world. Also they or may not be in control of the top secret non conventional weapons sci fi nerds dream of.

This populace pretty much proved that we have evolved past civil war and understand that know matter how it turns out we lose. If you dont think that's true. Tell me how did Bush get away with everything he did? Because we as Americans even the wide awake ones on a deep level understand that civil war would not get any of our goals accomplished. Popular main stream media song "Waiting for the World to change" expresses the young generation of American's knowledge of the system and understanding that it is better to let it die on its own rather than spill blood in a unfair fight.

The thing is 9/11 woke up far more people than anyone could ever imagine. The Bail Outs the same thing. The Blowback to all this for them is that the next generation wont be fooled by the game as its played now. They will have to change the rules of the game if they want to remain as powerful as they are and the next generation will have a voice in that.

Obama for example even if he is another pawn for the same powers that have been behind the scenes for awhile. Is the beginning of that process. His message was the only message that will work against a Ron Paul type now. No matter what your stance the message of Hope/Positivity is a improvement for our mass conscious.

Alright rant over. I didn't vote for Obama or Mccain. I would of voted for Ron Paul and quit my job to campaign for him if he would of gone for it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ever play that game syndicate? That what that thing reminds me of

join