It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You americans are an embarrassment to the human race..

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My God! I am appalled by the amount of people on ATS who actually support Obama. Of all places you should know better WHAT CHANGE Obama is going to bring. Today I began questioning my own sanity with all of the amount of people who are not willing or are not able to see Obama and what he truly represents. Either I lost it or something horribly gone wrong. How can anyone shed tears and believe this man? I am in total dismay! Seeing some of the responses here on ATS it is like watching a horror movie when all of the sudden you realize that you are part of that movie too. You know that feeling the one you get if you were to find yourselves amongst zombies (hypotheticallyspeaking)? My God I hope I am just crazy ...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by stanislav]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes, it's quite a historical day for the U.S. No, I am not shedding any tears one way or the other. I am happy that finally a person who is not totally white has become president in the U.S. It just seems right. But I am not convinced that Obama will do what is best for the country, nor am I convinced he will do what is best for the democrat party. I truly believe he will do what he is told by the "shadow government". What I do find interesting is MLK, Jr. said he hoped that one day a person would be judged by the content of his character and not by the color of his skin. I don't believe Obama was judged by his character, but by the color of his skin, otherwise he would not have been elected. IMO

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanislav
My God! I am appalled by the amount of people on ATS who actually support Obama. Of all places you should know better WHAT CHANGE Obama is going to bring. I began to questioning my own sanity with all of the amount of people who are not willing or are not able to see Obama and what he truly represents. Either I lost it or something horribly gone wrong. How can anyone shed tears and believe this man? I am in total dismay! Seeing some of the responses here it is like watching a horror movie when suddenly you realize that you are part of that movie. You know that feeling that one would get if they were amongst zombies? My God I hope I am just crazy ...

Nope, not crazy...just awake and you can see that the POD people are trying to take over the world

~Holly

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Holly N.R.A.]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well this 58 year old white guy is thrilled and moved by this day. This man was born to be where he is today, he is an old soul who has come to do what he can. He had my vote from day one because I could see the wisdom, the hallmark of an old soul.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
And if I may add, the only two old souls that ran for president was Obama and Biden!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I regularly have red hot berries roll down my back while welding,without flinching.
I work harder and under more stress than most,no whining.
Outside all day or night regardless of weather.Respected by my gnarly farmer neighbors and a fighter when necessary.I ain't no wuss.
Not only did I cry repeatedly and often today,out of pride and empathy with all the joy I saw plainly,unmarred by the kind of protests from the recent past,and on this thread now,thank god,I did it unashamedly in front of my friends and got no negative comments.Alot of them are the ashamed ones as they will not now own up to having voted for busH Jr.Twice.

And forget his race,it's 'cause he's so smart,writing his own speech and meant it.The contrast with the former POTUS is BREATHTAKING.You whiners are funny!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Xenophiles

Hey bud, I am seeing a pattern with you today. I understand that there is an incredible amount of emotional energy flying through the noos for anyone to reach out and grab, but can you back off from me?

This thread is not for everyone, and so, peace out.

Unfortunately, you put this thread up for everybody. What intolerance you show after your hand wringing heart wretching emotional tirade! Where's the tolerance the whole inaguaration seemed to be centered around?
If you want a bunch of feel good pro Obama responses, its probably not gonna happen here. That post was right though - at the end of the day Obama is just a mainstream politician who is owned by the big money who put him there.
My question to you is, why only judge the man on his race and not his accomplishments, I'm sure your emotions would not be as high if he were Jewish or Hispanic. Obama is only half black - he's half white too.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

Well said!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

Again putting racist words in my mouth. Nope, not working, La, La, La, La,.

So what your saying in escence is that you feel hopeless and vunerable to the future and own a lack of trust in humanity as a whole?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wait are you guys just u2uing eachother to come on and attack this thread? Are you crying? Because from all the whining I would say it is apparent tears and foot stomping will be next.

I was So touched by the most historic moment in my political memory. The entire day has given me the chance to feel my heart and know that I will one day tell my great grandchildren where I was and what I was doing on this day. When I think back it will be a good feeling. Nothing anyone can say or do can take that from me, not today.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You know Antar I begin to doubt your stories about the lower Astral Beings. You don't seem to be the spiritual person I thought you were describing yourself to be.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am out of here, going to kick back to watch the inaugural ball and the festivities. I cant wait to see how they dress!

Aretha Franklin was beautiful! Her voice can make the Angels sing...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

You know I was begining to feel let down with you too, and your avatar reminds me of my ex when he's drunk... Lets just not hang out together for now, we still have common ground, but not today.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hmm..maybe someone should start a thread about how much ooh'ing and ahh'ing is over the inaugural ball and argue about how much this or that dress cost and who paid for it and then everyone cry at the end when they see the taxpayer bill for it all.

I think there will be plenty of crying 6 to 12 months down the road when we see about 60 percent of all those promises get dropped right into the file 13 can....course that just a prediction.

Oh dear I need a tissue...Im about to cry!! WAHHHH!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Meh.
Look at the reality of it - has America changed from a racist nation to an accepting nation just because Obama was voted into office? I think it's a bit absurd. The majority of people in our country are not and never have been racist - and this imaginary line is just that - imaginary. Nothing has changed.
Due to simple math and probability, the chances of a black man being President is slim, but it has nothing to do with racism, just that a majority of politicians in this country are white.
If anything, this is a testament to probability playing itself out rather than some magical moment in which our country has learned it's lesson in the blink of an eye...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by stanislav

You know I was begining to feel let down with you too, and your avatar reminds me of my ex when he's drunk... Lets just not hang out together for now, we still have common ground, but not today.

How is my appearance has anything to do with what I have said to you? Yes I do look a little drunk on my avatar because I was a little tipsy. We went camping that day and I had a few drinks. Since I almost never consume alcohol becaue the smell alone makes me sick, a few drinks would be sufficient enough to make me tipsy.

You know Antar your response to my criticism is immature. I thought people at your age especially considering you have raised your own kids will be more stable. Not to mention you portray yourself to be a spiritual person.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by stanislav]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If color truly meant nothing, then why does it have to be any more of a basis for you to cry or not over this, even if you directly relate it to slavery? In a sense what you're saying jumps to the element of their color rather than the simple human tragedy that slavery was against human beings, regardless of their color.

With every thread and every word that continues to in any way to even reference or define a person or their actions by their color, the race issue will persist. Merely bringing it up anymore is counter to a world free of racism. The best thing all concerned could is stop mentioning it. Distance our minds from it. It's a person, not their color. Color should mean nothing. As long as it continues to mean anything to you, you will not be free from that trap.

But it is touching that it meant that much to you, antar. To me it is just another person assuming the oath of office. What color, who cares. Honestly I am just trying help free you from those chains. Nothing else.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
ugh god, you people make me sick

obama is no different then any other politician or any other president.

you all just fell for the media hype you brainwashed zombies.

give it a few years and you will see he is no different than bush or clinton or any other president.

unless he turns out to be a kennedy, but then he will be killed anyway, but i highly highly highly doubt he is a kennedy.

fools

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't know what I enjoyed more, Michelle Obama stifling a giggle when Barack messed up his vows or Bill Clinton grimacing and holding Hillary's hand at a stiff distance when they walked the hall together. My dad yelled, "hey, how come all the other guys are walking on the right side, and king hillary is walking on the right side and it's not even her coronation?" ensuing yet another lengthy debate on who wears the pants in that family.

I will miss Laura Bush, she is a class act.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join