It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It is significant that the new President is black (mixed race or w/e) ... but crying ?

I'm only crying at the tackiness of it all, from the crappy inauguration ceremony with the fluffed lines, croaky harmonics & dismal poetry to this ragamuffin parade of floats and garishly adorned brass bands.

Pure tat from start to finish.

The new British PM is driven to the Palace after a four week - four week - election campaign, meets the Queen in private, kisses hands and that's that, without all this shoddy hullabaloo.

How much is this costing you folks ? Hundred million dollars or something ?

More fool you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

More fool you.

Somewhere roughly between $150-$200 Million USD

And worth every penny

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Screw crying. Smirking is more like it. Like my wife said a couple hrs,. ago, Obama's a person with feelings, with intelligence, someone who cares.

What he can do remains to be seen; but I said before, he'll pull for humanity, not for power and corruption, like that previous black-souled thing.

People who down him will down anything. A man or woman would do what they could in this position; a flesh-covered demon would do what we've seen has been happening last eight yrs.: downing everything it could.

Obama's the man for the job; red, yellow, green, white, black, purple: he's got it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I have had a past life regression where I recalled having three of my children taken away by slave traders. Not to derail the thread, but this feels like vindication.

Vindication? Who exactly will be the target of this so called vind-i-ca-tion? Just curious.. a wweee bit nervous at this declaration.

Today is the most surreal political experience I have ever had. I only wish my Mom was alive to see this day, she was the most un prejudice person I know, the most compassionate and deserving of this moment in History.

What do you mean she was the most "un prejudice" person? What does that mean?

She saw Obama years ago when he made that famous speech, and she knew he would someday be the President, she was so right.

What famous speech? I am very much into the political scene and he seems to have just popped up out of nowhere? What famous speech? I am lost.

It is uncertain where this will lead

Agreed

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It is good to see people smiling. Positive energy is useful. This kind of spirited energy can aid people in combating and getting through what looks like will be a tough time to come on this planet. Think of it as a good cup of coffee when you are just really run down, tired and unable to focus. That one cup of coffee can start a biological and psychological process in your body that gets you through some really tough stuff.
He's a good cup of coffee.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
obama is in the whitehouse for a reason.That reason being,he can push through unpopular legislation that a Bush/Mc cain or Clinton could not get away with because the people would take to the streets.
The masses are now so brainwashed that he could order you all to have your foreheads bar-coded and you would line up round the block.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
OMG they're parading lawnmowers now, what in Christ's name is that supposed to signify ?

*headpalms*

I'm off to bed.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Agreed. It has a positive historical significance due to the racial issues surrounding his election, but otherwise? He's just another politician and the fawning crowds, adoring media and $200 million party are a touch overboard. Then again, its hardly unexpected, given the utterly ridiculous nature of the campaign season during the summer and fall.

Myself, I'm skeptical of him, his policies, and especially his ability to act as a counterbalance to the lunatics in his own party that are in control of Congress. I have my doubts about all three and unfortunately, I think these same people will be crying for different reasons in a couple of years.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Not crying...but if i were it wouldn't be over this...it would be over the state of the economy.

I'm glad for Obama and African Americans...it is historic for them and our country as a whole.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The original question was about "crying"......true, we have just made "history"....but remember, HIS-TORY" is seen from the view of the victor....not the victim...and when the "victors" realize that they are "victims"....yes, I will cry.

I can be just as positive as many of you that have previously posted...BUT...it has been too much government for too long, to truly expect that this single MAN is going to turn things around as many are hoping he will.

It is up to YOU to make the changes without governmental support....all that he asked the American people to do, in his speech written by a 27 year old speech writer (Obama didn't write it) can be done by YOU without the interference of BIG BROTHER....just get off your duffs and DO IT.

Put the positive energy that you are putting into this MAN into your actions...and guess what...you will have accomplished more in months than he will in the next 4 years.

If this came to pass...again I would cry...but they would be tears of happiness...not pain.

~Holly

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Holly N.R.A.]

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
No, I didn't cry. Obama has done nothing different from any other president but BE BLACK so far - that's the ONLY difference! I thought he was elected president because of where he stood on the issues? If that's the case, then why make such a big deal about what a historical day this is? Hypocracy much???

You can look at this day as historical from many different points of view. I see it as the day that blacks lost the ability to effectively play the role of "POOR ME, I'M BLACK AND MY PEOPLE ARE OPPRESSED BY EVIL WHITE PEOPLE SO I DESERVE SPECIAL TREATMENT AND ATTENTION".

So there was slavery. So there was oppression. It's in the past, over and done with. I personally did not own slaves and I personally did not oppress anyone, therefore I am not going to apologize for being born in America and being the skin color that I am and for any blacks in history going through what they did. Yes, it was tragic, but you know what? I had nothing to do with it.

The race card for blacks is hereby out of the deck. America is no longer a racist nation.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well since you already have a starring fan base I had better address your questions...

Originally posted by justamomma

I have had a past life regression where I recalled having three of my children taken away by slave traders. Not to derail the thread, but this feels like vindication.

Vindication? Who exactly will be the target of this so called vind-i-ca-tion? Just curious.. a wweee bit nervous at this declaration.

My soul, my past memories inherently coded within my very DNA. For some, our paths have far surpassed the mundane, the dogamatic reality which keeps most still fast asleep and snoring. As for being nervous, good call.

Today is the most surreal political experience I have ever had. I only wish my Mom was alive to see this day, she was the most un prejudice person I know, the most compassionate and deserving of this moment in History.

What do you mean she was the most "un prejudice" person? What does that mean?

That means that my Mom was born in 1943, and that she had more heart and compassion than any living person I know, and even the Hopi called her White Buffalo Cow woman for her wisdom and strength to speak her truth with courage and sincerity. She was a trail blazer, and her light was an inspiration to mystics and scholars alike.

It means that she was the little sister of two members and one of the heads of the card carrying KKK leaders and still earned their respect and love because her grace and dignity to always stand up for the underdog, the oppressed.

Because she had been graced by the light of God at an early age yet kept it private and used her spiritual independence to raise my brother and I without religiosity but with the deepest unfolding of spirituality from an individual basis and not one surrounded by brethren of the church for val-i- dation.

She saw Obama years ago when he made that famous speech, and she knew he would someday be the President, she was so right.

I will need help on this one, I have heard the sheepe mumble about where he came from, when I remembered the occasion was years ago, during a Bush event, where he stood up and spoke his mind unhindered by the thoughts and opinions of the politicos. I would have to look back, I did write to his senate web that very night and told him to become the next President. Others here know the truth too. But why banter with opinions that are set in stone?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by antar]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Your words tell me you take this personally, that it is an issue of one man.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

More fool you.

Somewhere roughly between $150-$200 Million USD

And worth every penny

Fortunately not all of us true Americans feel this way. Some of us are still against wasting money, even if $150-200 million does seem like a "drop in the bucket" to some people. Especially when that money could have gone to so many other more useful causes.

Sadly, that amount will pale in comparison over what is about to come with the stimulus payback package.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

Your words tell me you take this personally, that it is an issue of one man.

Personally? Shewt - The nation's majority elects a candidate and in the exit polls a majority polled swear up and down it wasn't for his color, yet they can't name his vice president or where he stands on any of the issues.

The majority of my nation is a bunch of hypocrites and just put into power a man dedicated to ruining the economy of this country. If you don't believe me, maybe you had better go back and look at where he stands on the issues and what he plans on passing again - that is, if you can get past the historically black skin tone.

You bet I take it personally, because I actually GIVE A DAMN about this country and where it's headed - something I cannot say about many of you.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Being african-american is a non-issue in dealing with this country's policies, and turning them around to include all levels of society, including poor people, which every race seems to be offended by.

They play up the race issue too much: it's just another slap in the face: "we never thought 'one of your kind' could make it to the white house!" One of what kind, a human being? (last one was much lower on the scale than a human.)

Let's knock it off and each pull in the right direction. It's bad enough that we have to deal with zealots and fanatics that give no one else a chance: that's was bush's view-on. You all must admit, it's a more open-ended outlook for the country, the world, now.

You can tell by looking at the man that he's not full of the bigoted 'better-than-thou' attitude of those last two monsters: and I'm not talking race: I'm talking position and power. Obama's no fool: what one fair man can do, he'll do, regardless whether you've got the right color skin, the right amount of money, etc..

That's why people are truly happy today. And no, we won't be taking the forehead microchip: that's for the cowards. We have a right to feel joy at the first breath of fresh air we've had in eight years. Time for the pukes who followed the bush policy to choke: I'd be the first to offer them more dust (6' of it). It's time for a change.

And I'm not the only one who knows it.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Spoken with genuine discipline of mind set. People will choose to love or hate the man. People will become united or they will continue to be separate.

I do not know a single educated person who places the responsibility of cleaning up the past on one man regardless of his position. Especially in four years time.

I do however know many many that placed that responsibility on one man and when they did that, they were so very surprised that all they invested, all they supported, to see the good old fashioned family values rule the day, was a lie, perpetrated as a scam to enable another four years of back room deals and escape routes, and they are angry and take no responsibility in their votes for the past and for the lies and for the deaths.

Those same people of course will not cry today, nor will they get the historic value of this moment in time. No they are looking for who they can place the blame for their own ignorance on.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well since you already have a starring fan base I had better address your questions...

Yes, I know. *blushes*

My soul, my past memories inherently coded within my very DNA. For some, our paths have far surpassed the mundane, the dogamatic reality which keeps most still fast asleep and snoring. As for being nervous, good call.

Hmm... welp, you can take 'em outta out of the gh.. oh.. nvm.
ARe you even black?

That means that my Mom was born in 1943, and that she had more heart and compassion than any living person I know, and even the Hopi called her White Buffalo Cow woman for her wisdom and strength to speak her truth with courage and sincerity. She was a trail blazer, and her light was an inspiration to mystics and scholars alike.

uh.. you do know that Obama is not Indian, right?

It means that she was the little sister of two members and one of the heads of the card carrying KKK leaders and still earned their respect and love because her grace and dignity to always stand up for the underdog, the oppressed.

Because she had been graced by the light of God at an early age yet kept it private and used her spiritual independence to raise my brother and I without religiosity but with the deepest unfolding of spirituality from an individual basis and not one surrounded by brethren of the church for val-i- dation.

OOOOHHHHHHH OKAY.. this is all a joke. ha ha ha Right?

I will need help on this one, I have heard the sheepe mumble about where he came from, when I remembered the occasion was years ago, during a Bush event, where he stood up and spoke his mind unhindered by the thoughts and opinions of the politicos. I would have to look back, I did write to his senate web that very night and told him to become the next President. Others here know the truth too. But why banter with opinions that are set in stone?

Why are you getting yourself all worked up yo?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If you are a girl its ok for you to cry, If you are a man I have lost all respect for you because your crying over a man geting elected, you are what is known as a big girls blouse.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

OMG they're parading lawnmowers now, what in Christ's name is that supposed to signify ?

*headpalms*

I'm off to bed.
\\ LOL !!, WTF is that about? Im outa here too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join