It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
reply to post by antar

why are u black??

The same reason you are, it is because of Adam and Eve, we are descendants silly!

An EARTHLING! A woman of humanity.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Originally posted by sadchild01
reply to post by antar

why are u black??

The same reason you are, it is because of Adam and Eve, we are descendants silly!

An EARTHLING! A woman of humanity.

ADam and eve

i don't believe in that ...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well I did take some time this week to see some of the clips..
I must say.. It was a very very powerful event!

I knew what was coming so I could choke back the tears.. But still.. Wow.
Being an empath.. I really couldn't hold them back when I saw all those people so very happy for Obama!!

Atleast now for once. People really do have "hope".

Sadly enough.. For me its just the wool being pulled over our eyes..

Call me jaded.. But I don't trust our government.. Or any other government for that fact.
I don't trust Wall street, nor do I trust Bankers.

Obama has alot of work to do to change my mind.. Im like many here who wish him the best.. But Im not holding my breath.
As everything he does I will question it. I will look at it beyond the surface value..
The Bush famliy jaded me so deeply.. That its very hard to even consider we might have a good guy in office.

Chances are 95% to me he is just another puppet.. And all this hope makes him far more dangerous than Bush.. Because he will have a much higher aproval rating than Bush would have ever hoped for..

However the Inaguration was very powerful!! And sertinly did envoke a few tears when I took the time to watch it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Well perhaps not in the religious sense but there were the first seeds planted. So for you maybe Adam and Eve were explosion of stardust which settled in the deepest oceans to evolve over time... But dont you suppose at some point the color black was present?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

You are my friend and I understand how you feel and sense and respect your thoughts and opinions. You have an analytical, mathematical, practical approach to life, I on the other hand believe deeply in the mysteries of infinite possibilities and so am always a pessimistic optimist.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why when we talk about slavery, only blacks come to mind?

Chinese, Irish, Italian, American Indian.. they all felt the burn too and we didnt here as much about them in school or in the media.

If people dont hide behind and use racism..keeping it alive. We would already be much further ahead.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
Why when we talk about slavery, only blacks come to mind?

Why do people insist of provoking me on the race card? I doubt I have used that word once on this thread until now. It is you that needs to get over it quickly and respect others for their thoughts and ideas.

Chinese, Irish, Italian, American Indian.. they all felt the burn too and we didnt here as much about them in school or in the media.

Yes and had a Chinese, Italian or American Indian had won this election and been the first, I would be just as proud for our Nation.

If people dont hide behind and use racism..keeping it alive. We would already be much further ahead.

I have heard that same spewl from many of the anti Obamaites here on the forum, noone else even thinks in that manner.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've gone through this thread and read so many stupid thoughts that yes, I AM CRYING!

Obama is the most horrible thing America has ever seen, he will destroy everything you hold dear, and make Russia look good in comparison.

I took down my flag that has flown proudly since I've lived here, I folded it and put it away. I felt very proud of myself for not burning it in the fireplace. I am so ashamed of America for voting in this horrible man. He will not go down in history, because history will be over when he is finished.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I have heard that same spewl from many of the anti Obamaites here on the forum, noone else even thinks in that manner.

I think there are more people who are anti-corporate control than anything. On the surface it just seems like anti Obama.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Obama is not black, Obama is a mulatto..Obama's mother was white, his father black, he is mulatto.I am white, my son's father is from Nigeria...my son is darker than Obama but he is not black he is mulatto.

Obama is not the first mulatto president. Dwight D. Eisenhower who was president of The United States when I was growing up, had a black mother and a white Jewish father.

I am Canadian and am scandalized that NO Americans even discuss this...including those who are educated enough to know this fact. The whole Obama race thing is a farce. Eisenhower was light skinned with negroid features.

Please learn your history or you will be repeatedly fooled and misled.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrwyzen777

Obama is the most horrible thing America has ever seen, he will destroy everything you hold dear, and make Russia look good in comparison.

Quite a statement to make about a new president when he has not even been the president for a whole week yet! Hes not perfect, and is not a magical magician with a fix it all wand, but at least he deserves the chance to to the job he was elected for.

I took down my flag that has flown proudly since I've lived here, I folded it and put it away.

Many people do that every single day. Is this supposed to be some sort of anti-American statement?

I felt very proud of myself for not burning it in the fireplace.

As you should. Im not sure if you are aware or not, but a majority of America would look upon your reason to burn the flag as an act of desecrating it. Something I would advise you not to do.

I am so ashamed of America for voting in this horrible man. He will not go down in history, because history will be over when he is finished.

And the other option on the table was any better? I think given the choices that the right choice was made. America is sick of the last 8 years of King Gorgie N Co and putting in McCain would have just been a continuation.

And even tho I did not vote for either candidate, America made its choice, the man won the election, and now deserves the opportunity to do whats right for this country. If he fails, well he fails, we find another. If he is successful, we can all sit back, have a toast and enjoy the better times that will be the result of his success in correcting 8 years of King Gorgie N Co's muck ups.

I dont put Obama on any high pillar of praise, but I at least accept the fact that he is the new president, and he deserves the chance just as King Gorgie N Co was given the chance. Something tells me that Obama wont do any worse than what King Gorgie N Co did.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrwyzen777

Mrwyzen777,

I have to ask you two things....HOW did you fold your flag? DO YOU KNOW the proper procedure? AND, DO YOU KNOW the proper, honorable way to dispose of old and tattered flags?

Back to the real topic....if you really fell as you do, regarding the inauguration of President Obama, just 4 days ago, then try to imagine how I FELT in the year 2001, after George W. Bush was 'installed' into the White House, even though he had lost the election. No, I'm not referring to the Electoral College, we ALL KNOW what happened in Florida....where his brother was Governor, and the Secretary of State of Florida was a Bush 'groupie'....

I felt a total loss, but still thought....well, he's coming in with a great surplus, left over from the last Administration....things should sail along.

What people, such as Rush Limbaugh, who I assume is on YOUR side, are saying is that they WANT to see Obama fail!!! So much for 'Patriotism', so much for 'reaching across the aisle'....

What I see is a lot of 'sour grapes' from the Republican Party. Notice, I give the honor of using the proper term. Unlike most 'republicans' who continually use the term 'democrat' when it should be 'The Democratic Party', or, at least the Democrats.....but NOT the 'democrat party'. That would be as if I said, well, that Ronald Reagan, he was quite a republic. That Reagan, he really stood for the Repubic party....he gave such GOOD parties!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Check out these Youtube short video's and see why I was crying on inauguration day. Each is about 13 minutes and maybe you will then understand.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

"Yes and had a Chinese, Italian or American Indian had won this election and been the first, I would be just as proud for our Nation."

And been the first what? By your way of thinking wouldnt it be about time for a woman president before an "opressed" race?

I use to be an avid rap & hip hop fan for the past 20 years..I use to feel the need to symathise. I still do appreciate some music, but this election has really changed my outlook...Its been really sickening to be honest.

Its not Obama, its the blind and gullable support that bought into simple propaganda.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

After waiting for so long to have a black person as president, the black people were deceived into thinking Obama was "The One". He intends to take huge taxes from anyone making over $100,000 a year. This is not a lot for a small business. After paying expenses, there is not that much left.
Obama intends to buy the loyalty of the poor. He intends to legalize immigrants so they can re-elect him. He intends to have widespread abortion and homosexual "marriages". He will have the teenagers enrolled into his "Obama's Youth". Soon the black people will realize they have been duped into electing a black man who can speak well, and who is in the pockets of the billionaires who intend to have their one world goverment.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JEANNIEMAC

edit....to JEANNIEMAC.....you are SO incorrect, and also very presumptive to think you can imagine what the new President is going to do, regarding taxes!!!

We've already seen what tax cuts to the Super-Rich have done to our economy!!! AND by Super-Rich, we're talking those OVER $500,000.....NOT the $100,000 range YOU are referring to!

Oh! AND, just in case you're confusing personal taxes with SBA taxes, well....Small Businesses shouldn't be as terribly affected under Obama's plan as they were under 8 years of Bush!

[edit on 1/24/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mothers Bow

Could you give a brief synopsis and your opinions on the videos first? I am using my vista tonight and cant get the sound to work...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
For some of you freaking over the unknowns of the future plans for the proposed economic stimulus and how it will directly affect you, here is something you may want to read, I for one am excited and ready for this to be placed in action as it affects me in a positive manner on several accounts:

What to Expect

Broader changes to the tax code may have to wait until the Obama administration sorts through its priorities on how to deal with the economy, health care, energy independence and education. In general, Obama's tax proposals would benefit mainly low- and middle-income Americans and would increase taxes on high-income taxpayers, defined as families with income of more than $250,000 ($200,000 for individuals), according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, in Washington, D.C.

Obama says his plan -- which would extend the current low income-tax and capital-gains-tax rates for the majority of Americans and add new tax breaks for low-income workers, students, seniors and homeowners -- would result in a tax cut for 95% of Americans. He has indicated he would reinstate the top two income-tax rates of 36% and 39.5% and increase the maximum capital-gains rate from 15% to 20%. Those changes would apply to households with income of $250,000 or more ($200,000 for individuals). But the current rates on income and capital gains, as well as estate taxes, do not expire until 2010, so there is little pressure for immediate action.

Obama's tax proposal would exempt seniors with income of less than $50,000 from income taxes, create a mortgage-interest credit for homeowners who don't itemize deductions, and replace existing college-tuition subsidies with a refundable tax credit.

For the full article: finance.yahoo.com...'s-Tax-Plan-Could-Affect-You

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I have clearly stated in an earlier post that if it had been the first American Woman voted into office I would have felt just as much pride.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Cry over a politician? You must be joking, why on earth would I do that? I mean sure I get the historical significance and agree this is a big step in our country. However racism was never a part of my life, I didn't even know what it was until I was almost in high school and even then it was only theory that was taught. I mean I knew the history, I read about racism, but it was never a part of my life. I was taught that people are people good or bad and that you judged a person on their behavior and actions.

So while I can understand the racial aspect of it, it makes no difference to me. Will he be a good president? I somehow doubt it. He is just a politician and I don't trust politicians. But to be fair, I feel the same way about almost all politicians. I don't think he is anything more than a politician and I don't believe he will do all these great changes everyone believes that he will do. I mean look at who he appointed secretary of the treasury.. oooh yeah, big "change" alright. Yup, he is just a politician in my book, no one to cry over.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by MaMaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join