It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
OMG OBAMA MANIA..!!!

I cant think straight anymore ... All I see is Obama. Hes is my savior. Hell, I want to give him all the money in my bank account becaues he is gonna fix all the worlds problems. I wont have to worry about paying my mortgage, bills .. gas for my car.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You can say what you likes about Bush but at least he was an American and had no suspicious Hitler youth style plans.

It's also quite disturbing how brainwashed people are acting at the minute they are treating him like Jesus or something I'm hopeful it will wear of soon and people get some common sense back.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Y'know,i'd like the people throwing the word racist around willy-nilly to explain why standing your ground against people using their race as an excuse to take advantage of our system is racist.I was on a plane with a girl from Kenya a few years ago and she seemed puzzled about the whining of so called African Americans.First of all she said they're not actually African Americans,and second there is many blacks in Africa who would give anything to have the opportunities this country has to offer.So is she a racist,this black girl born and raised in Kenya,because she thinks American blacks should stop whining and crying?I turn on my tv and see these poor starving kids over there then open a magazine to see American made multi-millionaire Serena Williams standing on a beach looking towards here "motherland"with tears in her eyes talking about what we took her away from and it's not hard to see that girl on the planes point.Maybe it's not the black race,maybe it's just the poor me blacks in America.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just wanted to pop back into this thread to see if you're still crying! LOL!!

Seek mental help quickly if so, okay, serious.

I'm really glad that we have a new president, don't get me wrong. But to celebrate over a man just because he's black is idiotic. What, he had like every black performer coming out of the woodwork trying to perform. LOL!

Bush at least was able to free an entire Country from an evil dictator. Obama can claim one of the highest crime rates in the nation.

Keep crying ;-)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sillyfool

Hey wasn't 911 a terroist attack that changed our constitution under the Bush Adminstration. And as for White guilt what would be the best action for white people to take in order to stop their liberties from being taken away. From what I understand the NWO is a global influence especially in western countries.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ok my Friends, YES I am crying again, crying not of sadness but of a deep sense of hope in my over flowing heart.

I received this email from President Obama just now, followed the links on how I can help in the coming days and ended up reading a message so loud and clear that it needed to be shared here with you and anyone that will read and listen.

Please read the entire speech as it is the key to our future, a possible future as we all know. here are a few excerpts, however you will truly miss if you do not read the full article.

Now, the very fact that this crisis is largely of our own making means that it is not beyond our ability to solve. Our problems are rooted in past mistakes, not our capacity for future greatness. It will take time, perhaps many years, but we can rebuild that lost trust and confidence. We can restore opportunity and prosperity. We should never forget that our workers are still more productive than any on Earth. Our universities are still the envy of the world. We are still home to the most brilliant minds, the most creative entrepreneurs, and the most advanced technology and innovation that history has ever known. And we are still the nation that has overcome great fears and improbable odds. If we act with the urgency and seriousness that this moment requires, I know that we can do it again.

To finally spark the creation of a clean energy economy, we will double the production of alternative energy in the next three years. We will modernize more than 75% of federal buildings and improve the energy efficiency of two million American homes, saving consumers and taxpayers billions on our energy bills. In the process, we will put Americans to work in new jobs that pay well and can’t be outsourced – jobs building solar panels and wind turbines; constructing fuel-efficient cars and buildings; and developing the new energy technologies that will lead to even more jobs, more savings, and a cleaner, safer planet in the bargain.

To give our children the chance to live out their dreams in a world that’s never been more competitive, we will equip tens of thousands of schools, community colleges, and public universities with 21st century classrooms, labs, and libraries. We’ll provide new computers, new technology, and new training for teachers so that students in Chicago and Boston can compete with kids in Beijing for the high-tech, high-wage jobs of the future.ex]

To build an economy that can lead this future, we will begin to rebuild America. Yes, we’ll put people to work repairing crumbling roads, bridges, and schools by eliminating the backlog of well-planned, worthy and needed infrastructure projects. But we’ll also do more to retrofit America for a global economy. That means updating the way we get our electricity by starting to build a new smart grid that will save us money, protect our power sources from blackout or attack, and deliver clean, alternative forms of energy to every corner of our nation. It means expanding broadband lines across America, so that a small business in a rural town can connect and compete with their counterparts anywhere in the world. And it means investing in the science, research, and technology that will lead to new medical breakthroughs, new discoveries, and entire new industries.

Finally, this recovery and reinvestment plan will provide immediate relief to states, workers, and families who are bearing the brunt of this recession. To get people spending again, 95% of working families will receive a $1,000 tax cut – the first stage of a middle-class tax cut that I promised during the campaign and will include in our next budget. To help Americans who have lost their jobs and can’t find new ones, we’ll continue the bipartisan extensions of unemployment insurance and health care coverage to help them through this crisis. Government at every level will have to tighten its belt, but we’ll help struggling states avoid harmful budget cuts, as long as they take responsibility and use the money to maintain essential services like police, fire, education, and health care.

I understand that some might be skeptical of this plan. Our government has already spent a good deal of money, but we haven’t yet seen that translate into more jobs or higher incomes or renewed confidence in our economy. That’s why the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan won’t just throw money at our problems – we’ll invest in what works. The true test of the policies we’ll pursue won’t be whether they’re Democratic or Republican ideas, but whether they create jobs, grow our economy, and put the American Dream within reach of the American people.

www.whitehouse.gov...

I believe he will do all he sets out to and the Change he ran his election platform on is an understatement for the world of terror we were headed towards only days ago.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This makes tremendous sense, the outdated grid needs to be refitted to handle the coming solar maximum of sunspot24. Also the jobs created in America will bring not only a future for generations to come, but with these jobs clean energy from solar power, wind turbine and newer economically sound vehicles, that in turn makes us less vulnerable, less reliant upon foreign oil and gives a loud clear message to the world that we will not be defeated.

It will most assuredly get rougher before it gets better, but as long as we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, maintain our rights and freedoms and move into the future with a real plan, then we are blessed beyond measure. Americans want to work, they want a cleaner environment, they do not want war and dependence on foreign countries for our food and our livelihoods.

We are taking our country back, and not like the fascist regimes and the gorilla warfare tactics, not by civil war and destructive measures, we DID it by voting the impossible, we made History and we are on the right track again.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
JULIE --

Thank you for being part of the most open inauguration in our nation's history.

As we begin the work of remaking America, we must draw on the common hopes that brought us together this week.

I'm counting on you to keep the spirit of unity and service alive.

You can visit www.pic2009.org... to learn about our plans to bring change to America, and how you can get involved in the work ahead.

We face many challenges. But we face them as one nation.

And we have seen, time and time again, that there are no limits to what we can accomplish when we stand together.

Our journey is just beginning.

Thank you for all you do,

President Barack Obama

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Obama = Stalin.....just wait and see. If you dont believe me go to infowars.com and see for yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Curious, did anyone else get this same message?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
We are taking our country back, and not like the fascist regimes and the gorilla warfare tactics, not by civil war and destructive measures, we DID it by voting the impossible, we made History and we are on the right track again.

OK. Now I have tears in my eyes again
Voting IS what makes a democracy work.

Thank you, antar, for all your powerful contributions

[edit on 22-1-2009 by desert]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Actually, we are SUPPOSED to be a republic, but what we actually are is an oligarchy (for the most part).

I found this video interesting......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I second that, antar. Good post.

Obama will make mistakes, face difficulties and may be pushed by the powers that be into hard decisions, but we expect that, expecially as hard as the times have been.

I don't like bush, period. Beside the point, he was too easy to push into making the wrong decision; and yes, those selfsame powers were also an influence. For all the show of war and general aggressiveness, it wasn't all just him. I realize that, as do many.

Weakness is just that. Few get the courage to buck the trend, but with Obama, there is that intent.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
sweatmonicaIdo:

"Its the "rally by whites" notion I take exception to, however. It seems like you agree that whites control wealth and political power in American society. If so, then why on Earth is a "white rally" even necessary? Your assertion is based largely on the belief wealth and power do not go as far as it may once had and cultural power holds more water. You do have a point, as Barack Obama's initial "attractiveness" was the idea a Black man could become president (as stated by the brave Geraldine Ferraro)."

Well reasoned and respected post.

However, for clarification, the term 'white rally' was used by myself for illustrative purposes primarily and moreso that to imply a necessarily literal meaning. I failed to make that clear, so the error is mine.

A good day to all.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Ah, yes,yes, the USA IS a republic.
Sure has looked like an oligarchy, AND even a kleptocracy since the start of the new millenium.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Antar,

I hate to break it to you but that's a mail merge document. It is most likely sent out anytime someone casually emails him. You don't think he would actually speak from the heart did you? It would have been filled with "uhhhhhs, Ummmmmms, errrrrrrs"

Would have sounded like a door creeking open.

But in seriousness, most likely a draft..

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think everybody here knew that, of course.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
I second that, antar. Good post.

Obama will make mistakes, face difficulties and may be pushed by the powers that be into hard decisions, but we expect that, expecially as hard as the times have been.

I don't like bush, period. Beside the point, he was too easy to push into making the wrong decision; and yes, those selfsame powers were also an influence. For all the show of war and general aggressiveness, it wasn't all just him. I realize that, as do many.

Weakness is just that. Few get the courage to buck the trend, but with Obama, there is that intent.

I have great concerns that only time will tell as President Obama wages the steps to face Congress and Senate. I can only hope that it does not become a quagmire of opposition as we have seen in other administrations.

There is much to do and if we continue to move forward towards extending benefits for the unemployed, to build factories for Americans ready willing and able to work with wages that are designed to do more than survive, and rebuild the alliances which will only serve to strengthen our ability to live more peacefully and generate fair trade beneficial to all, then we will over come the poverty and fear based direction we have
been enduring and move towards a deficit which will again become the strength of our Nation and not the albatross it has become.

I do not blame Bush either, he was groomed by the vested interests, they had their day and now it is again by the voice of the people and our will that we awaken to a new day a new direction. And it is true we cannot reverse what has happened, and our strength will not be found in the mistakes of the past, but in the new adventures and challenges we confront in the present for a new and better tomorrow.

I want my children to become educated and a vital part of the technological future possible, rather than cannon fodder on the war fields of tyranny, greed and mistakes made long before their birth.

I am disabled, but would gladly go to work in one of the solar and turbine factories, to put my boys through college. Something I was so fearful of loosing with the direction we have been headed. I have hope again.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by antar]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

why are u black??

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Antar,

I hate to break it to you but that's a mail merge document. It is most likely sent out anytime someone casually emails him. You don't think he would actually speak from the heart did you? It would have been filled with "uhhhhhs, Ummmmmms, errrrrrrs"

Would have sounded like a door creeking open.

But in seriousness, most likely a draft..

I did ask how many others here received the same... You know I emailed him back in 2004 after the DNC speech to vote him into the office of Presidency, I have watched on these boards as people slandered him for popping up out of nowhere as a nwo dupe, I said nothing, held my breath and tongue, because I knew that there was hope and only time would tell.

The link above is different from the one you get if you just go to the site, or it is from my comp. I am not special, I am a nobody, but I have been on his list since 2004. I had an opportunity to go to the Inauguration, I passed as I have no money for hotels and food, and I wanted to spend it with my family at home and on ats. I have always been blessed to be at the right place right on time.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join