It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Your kidding...right?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Why it is that if people say they don't BELIEVE that Obama is the great Savior of Nations they are just racist. Even during the election the subtext was always vote for Obama or be branded racist. I remember when he first announced running for the office of President black students at the local top private university started e-mailing classmates to come and discuss this great leader and set up structures to help him win. Remember this is a man who hadn't even finished a term of office yet , but was already aspiring to the top office in the country. Also of note is that he only won the election to senatorship because of a sex scandal in Illinois. And during the time he was Senator he was advised/and followed the advise not to vote on controversial issues. So by these black students pushing for a totally untested man, so they were totally basing their opinion on race and we were racist for not wanting to come to their political rally?

I remember being at college in post-apartheid South Africa - the black guys always said that the easiest pick ups were the white liberal girls, they are too afraid to say "No" lest people think they were racist.

I think the biggest weakness here is the fact that people are given the permission to call dissenting opinions about any person/group (if they are black or hispanic) racist or hatemongering. As if that changes anybody's opinion or any facts about that person. It's just pure intimidation.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If jeb beans ever hit the presidency, then we'd know the absolute meaning of idiocy.

shaman's are knowers of the feminine light of the WORD.

Take a look at Obama - he's a man, in touch with his feelings, the feminine half of humanity.

So, there you go: back to grade school for 'no-thought.'

Obama's already working at undoing the last screw-up's blathering, or what passed for 'concept' understanding with it: stupidty is a meaningful word in this context. One who works for evil, is surrounded by evil, does evil's bidding, is evil. Like 1/2 of american's, who are evil, and followed evil, and would to this day, except Obama caused a shift.

Sorry, the skies have cleared: that's called the light of the Sun that's making you tremble. Back to the holes you crawled out of. G'wan.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Seeing as how President Obama is of mixed racial background, his "look" was just a throw of the dice. He had a 50/50 chance of looking mostly black, or mostly white. The throw of the genetic dice determined that he will look more like his father than his mother.

I often wonder if he would have been elected had he been the exact same man, only he looked more like his mother than his father, i.e. white instead of black. I'm guessing he never would have been elected in that case.

I also did not vote for him, I voted 3rd party, but I certainly hope he does a great job as president for everyone's sake.

Good luck Mr. President, you're going to need it.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
How many of you are crying now? Isn't it adorable how Obama fits into his superman suit and is kissing Michelle goodbye while he flies off to save the hungry children in Rwanda, the fighting hordes in the Middle East etc. Michelle is ofcourse dressed in her cyclamen Valentino homemaker dress and making perfect little O (for Obama) pancakes for their delightful little cherubs. Can someone pass me another tissue for my issue?

Sorry for the sarcasm but that is pretty much what this thread has looked like.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I had always hoped we'd see a black president one day,but not under these circumstances.Has anyone even attempted to look into what black theology churches like the one he went to for 20 years stand for?.Things like,"If God isn't for blacks and only blacks he should die".If they discovered that a white man running for president went to a Klan rally every Sunday for 20 years he'd not only lose his nomination,he'd be drummed out of the senate.This is history alright,our first affirmative action president.If you dare to pull up the stats on how many blacks voted simply because he's black,you're a racist.You bring up the church he went to,you're a racist.I have seen this over and over at jobs where you can't even write up a black guy for doing the same the thing a white guy got wrote up for the day before without being sued.People need to wake up because he has no accountability whatsoever because of this.I just heard all the blacks in congress last week on c-span saying they shouldn't criticize him if he does bad because he's black....Yah,i'm crying alright.We now have a president who could use the term "typical white people"on the campaign trail and not be called a racist for it...no accountability.You had better pray that he doesn't have a personal agenda.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Are you kidding? This guy is just another politrickan who is a lawyer to boot. What do you think he will actually do? I really do not understand the "rock star" status any politician can achieve. To me that is scary and dangerous because people who are their "fans" can see no wrong that they do.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
I'm crying because of your spelling

My Mom used to reply to my eamails to her with one word...

SPELL CHECK!!! Lol, so if that comment was for me, 'guilty'

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Originally posted by Masisoar
I'm crying because of your spelling

My Mom used to reply to my eamails to her with one word...

SPELL CHECK!!! Lol, so if that comment was for me, 'guilty'

TWO WORDS!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
While this is a huge step I believe that it is a calculated one designed to appease us.. Obama is 8th cousin with Dick Cheney...Its the same family being paraded .. If Obama made it there on his own then why and how in gods name is he related to Cheney, and Bush..?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This was the moment when he defined what it meant to be a Politician of Conscious, something gravely missing in the past 2 Bush administrations.

He was desperate to fight against another 4 years of Bush and this speech was when he was chosen by many intellectuals for the 2009 Presidency.

I wish he would have given this speech at his Inauguration... But alas so much has changed in these past 4 years and his apparent fears for the direction the last administration was leading us, has come to full fruition and what is left is the biggest quagmire of diplomatic , economic and security failures.

The last 8 years has done all but burn our constitution on the White house BBQ pit.

I do not know how far we will succeed in the cleanup in the next 4 years, but I know that we will not be continuing down the same destructive path for the American people.

I ask that you take a couple of minutes and watch this video as it is Obama unleashed, free speaking and without fear of reprisal of the NWO.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

So you are on a site that has shown the trail of corruption but you somehow think this guy is not part of that crowd. Somehow he made it through on his own accord and owes no favors.

You all sound like my mom and get emotionally invested just to be let down again, and again. Obama is a man and these problems our country has can not be fixed by him. Will people be less greedy, will they do the right thing, sad to say but No, nothing will change.

The truth is as long as I stop loosing money in my 401K and I don't loose my job he will be great. But it made you feel great for a day then, thats nice for you. I will save my happiness for when I actually see something being done. Rarely do I believe anyone that talks alot, talking is usually what they do, and working is secondary.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Yes, that is a "mainstream media" tactic, good point.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I really hope that Obama will bring change. Lets pray that he is the president we all are hoping for...Lets see him walk the talk.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

******************TOUCHE!***************************

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
While this is a huge step I believe that it is a calculated one designed to appease us.. Obama is 8th cousin with Dick Cheney...Its the same family being paraded .. If Obama made it there on his own then why and how in gods name is he related to Cheney, and Bush..?

Familial links are, or at least may be, irrelevant. I have first cousins that are diametrically opposed to everything I stand for, and do not represent or reflect upon me whatsoever.

Behavior is something else. We need to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I didn't watch it... But I did watch Colbert Report and I think his writters must have seen your thread.

As it was full of misty eye'ed moments.

The whole thing that kinda bothered me was..
Fox news and the rest of the gang keep asking people..
Did you think this would happen in your life time??

And why must we refer to them as "black" people?
Why not just people?
And what is all this.. He just so happens to be black crap???

This country still has a long ways to go before I start getting all teary eye'ed about stuff..

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It proves a few things to the rest of the USA hating world.

Firstly, we are not a "fixed" country, if we were fundamentally corrupt Obama would never have won the election.

Secondly, we are not socially backward. The supposedly backward, redneck, racist, Arab hating USA, elected a black president whose middle name is Hussein, so eat THAT.

Thirdly, all the expectations of American racists pulling out their AK47s and marching on DC were a complete non-event, just like we knew it would be.

I'm willing to give Obama a chance, I do have some concerns, but he has earned his place in history.

More than that though, I am just enjoying myself while I watch the liberals in Europe try to find an excuse as to how a nation so fundamentally evil as ours, could possibly have "out PC'd" them.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes I did cry during the election & the inauguration & it concerns me...

because I am an empath. I not only cried a lot but was also *confused*

about why I was crying. This has only happened to me before

when a single accident or mass death happened on earth.

I consider this a bad sign that so many people cried.

I hope I am proved wrong and the crying was just for sorrow.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I didn't support obama, but man, did America need this. It needed a genuine feel-good moment, and this was it. I don'h understand how a patriotic American could not feel good about this in some way. Unelss you truly are a racist.

I was crying too, but mainly over the fact I had been up since 0130 in the morning to work as part of a crowd control detail at the inauguration and I was tired as hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join