It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Crying? Inaguration 2009

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bluebird2

ha ha ... i was whinging getting up 5 am ...

then i thought about you aussies having to do it two hours earlier ... !

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Obamba never ran or did anything in his life , You cant put this pig in a poke and sell it anymore its a con job that was for sale and you bought it Ha ha

Now lets rape the USA again , so I can buy more houses thank you

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

knock yourself out. i hear detroit has a few bagains that the rest of the world has noted but will take a big pass on. thanks anyway, lol.

can't blame that on obama though.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

Actually, yenko.....Barack Obama has a very structured fitness regimen, and if you had paid any attention, you would have seen this in numerous docucasts.

You see, in Chicago, Barack Obama would jog, then enter his gym, and work out, all to start his day....in the middle of the afternoon!

No, of course, I'm joking.....as a family man, he would schedule his exercise after the girls were sent off to school....and, as a Senator from Illinois, I would think he'd be quite aware of the temperature variations, and the various time zones, since he had to travel to Washington to fulfill his duties as Senator.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Oh, I'm crying alright. That prayer at the inauguration was the most inappropriate and racist thing I've heard all day. Absolutely embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Even people on a conspiracy board are falling for his B.S.

America is in big trouble...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The OP, and everyone who replied in kind, REALLY need to learn some real history. It sickens me to see race exploited so. Should people weep if I achieve something? I'm more Native American than Obama is black, and what do you know...we didnt get sold into slavery by (often non-white) slave traders and warlords; we got SMALLPOX BLANKETS. We got forced sterilizations. Need I go on?

Guess what? We are all what we make of ourselves, whatever our race. Some of us, though, like to exploit one small percentage of our biracial heritage, get the world handed to us, and then parade about on the wings of our great egos. A less respectable man would be hard to find in the arena of politics than Barak Obama. To exploit people so brazenly, even if they are ill-educated and naive, is more despicable than any backroom deal or pork barrel addition.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
The race card for blacks is hereby out of the deck. America is no longer a racist nation.

Ha.

I'm white as they come but I'm sure there are a couple million people in various parts of this country that would

a) disagree with that statement because they can see the forest for the trees

or

b) disagree with that statement because they CAN'T see the forest for the trees, and are indeed racist themselves

Divide it up however you want, it's not an idea or a hypothesis ... it's a fact.

THIS COUNTRY STILL BLEEDS RACISM AND INEQUALIY. It's better than 50, 25, 10 years ago even. But there's still plenty of racism and nowhere near "equality." Look at the percentage of african-american, or, hell, MINORITY senators, governors, in federal and state government.

Cry? Heck no. Proud to have witnessed the day (regardless of what things - good or evil - may come)?

Hell yes.

support of lack thereof for Obama HAS NO DIRECT CORRELATION on the importance of today in America's history

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The reasons for white people's uneasiness is very clear and apparent. Leaving aside all the yea/nay about the man's color, I for one wish the Best of Luck for the United States of America under Barak Obama after the stifling 8 years under a not so bright and easily led Water Buffalo. Deliverence has finally come for America, where it goes from here is upto Americans. In my eyes, the US until now was an Abomination, and I wish good tidings from now on as the Obama-nation!

Very Best.
From Me to Y'all

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Did anyone notice how the first 5 minutes of his speech he said the word crisis over and over?? Also he used the word "New Age" quite alot and i don't think he is talking about the Spiritual Movement.

I was actually shaking my head at all the people weeping, i knew last year Barack would win and everyone would rally around him because people despise Bush (he is an obvious puppet, cmon people!)

So what we have is a country in complete free fall and what a better way to bring the hopes of people up??? i would not debate your emotions but god damn its all theater... ALL of it.

I still believe in America but they need to stop and think for a second, in a country where pop stars are more popular then politicians no wonder they flock around Obama with such enthusiasm, to say the least.

I guess im just tainted and not down with this, am i really the bad guy for expressing my feelings? i just cant stand to see people marvel and worship this man.

If you think about it its basic Psychology just on a massive scale, people are being manipulated to except a downfall. Again, he spoke of "crisis" quite alot not once did he address any of the deep problems with America... To do that would most likely have your life taken because true change is something almost unreachable.

This all stands with the "families" who leme tell ya, never EVER want to lose the grip of monopoly they have, its the only thing they know.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by JohnWdoe]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'm crying because both me and my wife lost our jobs.

I used my annuity money (retirement) to stay current with my mortgage... well thats run out

My wife's 401k is half what it was and we are useing credit cards to eat...

I'm crying because I don't have silver, seeds, food or a piece of land away from the burbs...

I'm crying because all those emotional types that are so filled up with chest hugging joy over this event... are just as likely to get very fist clenchingly angry when it doesn't pan out in a few years...

What will they do then with thier uninformed opinions? Well if this election proved anything it is that they will act upon those uninformed opinions. But this time instead of electing a feely good blackman to office they might just want to hurt someone...

I hope its not me or mine...
peace, love, understanding...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
why are we acting like the elected head of any given nation truly has any power to make change that will benefit the people and NOT the multiTRILLION dollar conglomerates that have invested billions in them.

the only thing i have hope for is that by some miracle Obama will fall in love with the adoration of his millions of fans and actually try to help them but i highly doubt that.

im sure his controllers have plans to use his popularity to better benefit the NWO.

just as a side note wasnt the anti Christ supposed to be loved by the world before he turns the world to hell..... hmmm

anyway i hope he is who he says he is but again i doubt it. ahhh Ron Paul what a waste.......

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
All the way from Saudi Arabia, congratulations to Obama and America.

May his presidency be as promising as his campaign. I enjoyed his inauguration, watched almost all of it (including the ball dancing) and I must say..I think that he's the coolest president to date IMO. Let's hope that this day marks a new beginning for the world.

Peace all,

Majorion

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wow, you have no idea how racist you really are do you?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

'Diplomat'......Please, oh Pleasd tell us how things were better while George W. Bush was in charge!

I mean....lets's see....a multi-Trilliion surplus, compared to a multi-trillion deficit....Yup! THAT'S a great thing to spout as a 'success'.

Oh! and Americans who torture???? THAT is the biggest, the worst 'deficit' that anyone can imagine.....BECAUSE it has shown what is supposed to be a Nation's Pride, to be a Nation's Shame.

AND this 'shame' is an a priori result of a man known as George W. Bush.

If you do not KNOW what 'a priori' means, then look it up....(hint)...it is Latin.

There seems to be, since Ford 'pardoned' Nixon after WaterGate...whence Richard M Nixon was clearly quilty, and even 'resigned' as 'President', he, nonetheless, was 'absolved'.....or in the vernacular.....'pardoned' by his successor, Gerald R. Ford, the Vice-President and second in succession....who, due to the Political Climate at the time, succombed to pressures and 'pardoned' a person who should have been tried for high crimes and misdemeanors, per our Constitution.

However, even though Richard M. Nixon was guilty of many crimes, and history will weigh those crimes in due course....

This happened about 40 years ago....

Let's look to a more current Ex-President, who, while not over-seeing and then denying a break-in at the WaterGate Hotel has, instead, condoned something far, far worse. This individual, whilst occupying the the Office of the President of the United States of America, has, by his own admission on National Television, admitted to authorizing torture of certain detainees.

Allow me to emphasize this....a sitting President, in an interview (admittedly, NOT under Oath) admitted to authorizing the torture of certain detainees.....

THIS IS BIG NEWS, FOLKS!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Since there is no such thing as 'the Christ'.....the is no such thing as the 'Anti-Christ'.

Think about it....IF YOU BELIEVE in the Christ....well, good for you, because you apparently have chosen the correct side!!!!

See?? IF you belive in an 'anti-christ'.....then you picked the wrong side....it's sorta like a game of Roullette....

Put all of our chips on Green, and you win!!! (Don't put them on Red)..

AND, if you believe any of that nonsense, then you'll believe anything....and THAT is my POINT!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It's unfortunate that when you talk to Obama supporters on this board, there are far too few cautious optimists, and far too many people who act like he's the new jesus.

Dont you guys know anything about politicians?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Crying?

A few years ago I went to NY and a friend of mine took me on that boat where you can have a nice meal and sail around Manhattan. I saw the statue of Liberty for the first time and I cried.

I cried because I felt very keenly the disconnect between what a beautiful symbol it is and what the US has come to mean to the rest of the world - a nation wrapped up in its own mythology with, for most of its citizens, no idea of the harm it does every single day.

This thread, again, makes me really glad we have a royal family. They are the lightning rod for this kind of irrational emotion. It means that we can look at politicians and see them for the unwholesome opportunists they invariably are.

I can't think of anyone in this country who ever cries at an election.

On the other hand, the outpouring of grief over Diana's death shows that the irrational element is still there, and safely earthed through a symbolic family that takes no effective part in the political process.

I can remember the joy that spread through London when Thatcher was ousted. And when that bitch dies there's going to be a HUGE party!

Admittedly, there is the significance of Obama as a black man becoming President, and that is indeed historic, from a conventional point of view.

But wait and see. There may be some cosmetic changes, but as others have pointed out, he's just another front man for the NWO.

The Republicans fiddled the last two elections. Why not this one?

Because BO is the perfect candidate. He's beige, he's bland, unlike Bush he can actually put a sentence together.

(I saw a fantastic Bushism on TV last night - new to me at least. "We want to make this country more literate, a hopefuller place." I can't believe it but I'm going to miss his idiot smirk.)

He'll unite the country in a generous spirit of bipartisanship and lead it over the cliff into the NWO. God, I hope and pray I'm wrong about that.

So... elements within the Republican party don't want to carry the can for the almighty balls-up they've made. And the NWO has its candidate.

So I didn't watch any of it, though I would like to have seen Aretha Franklin sing... although I suspect the emotionalism of it would have nauseated me somewhat.

Parading lawnmowers though. Gaaah.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

maybe you're just a bit jaded by yours?

not all of us live in corrupt worlds where there is no good or hope left to be found.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Had to wake up 3am in the morning to watch the inauguration. The celbration looked wonderful and the speeches were great especially the minister towards the end LOL.
I still hope he will put the country and all nations back together.

Still wish it was Ron Paul though i was following this guy for ages.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join