It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Willing to Sacrifice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ok so all day I hear our government officials talk about sacrifice. Even in Obama’s speech today he talked about sacrifice. All Americans need to sacrifice over and over and over. As an American I am more than willing to sacrifice. I’m willing to do a little extra or tighten my belt a little extra for the goodness of the country. But here is what I have to say to the people in government. Just two words. YOU FIRST. I am pasting this all over the internet. I want people to email the letter below to their representatives. Let them know that we Americans are willing to sacrifice but lead by example and not by rhetoric.

Dear Government Representative,

As an American I understand the situation our country is in. We are in some deep trouble financially. Laziness by both our government and by the people for not protesting in mass to get our government in gear has come at a cost. That cost is the situation we see now. As an American I understand the need for sacrifice from all Americans. We all will need to tighten our belts. We all will need to pitch in a little more. We all will need to go that extra mile to make our country what it was before we somehow lost our way. I am willing to sacrifice. Not only am I willing I am ready to sacrifice. I want to do whatever it takes to make America great again.

Now, with the above said, I would like to remind you people in government that you TOO are Americans. As an American you TOO should have to tighten your belts a little more just like we have to. That is why I’m calling on our government to pass a bill decreasing your wages. There is no reason why at a time when we are all tightening our belts our government officials get to continue with you wage increases and benefit increases. Not only is it morally wrong it’s an outright slap in the face. Also we Americans are willing to go the extra mile and so should you. 151 days a year of work is not work. I urge you to pass a bill extending work time till we can get the problems of our nation fixed. These two issues should not be an issue considering what is being asked of us. I guess what I’m saying is spread the load. United we stand am I not right?

Sincerely,
Concerned Citizen

I have sent this to my rep so my voice is heard so will you?

www.house.gov
www.senate.gov

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

No, I am unwilling to sacrifice anymore. I already sacrifice just under $600 every two weeks, my personal health from worrying, and my retirement account to these thieves. I have now said "no mas" and I mean it. I am done offering any additional blood, sweat, tears, or dollars to a group of schysters that in no way represent me or my best interests. I've just about reached the point where, if someone in the federal government said "don't touch that stove, it's red hot!" I'd lay my damn hand onto it just to spite them.

join