It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok I Got a Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I cant do anything.

Ok I was in the army - got discharged for being a screwup
sold computers for several years but got fired for smoking cheeba
worked for several banks but got fired for not haveing car or just temp work
after that went through like 4 years of nothing, no food, no work or work for like two weeks and then your done. all that other crap.

so i got some money for christmas. working on some network certifications
cant even pass the practice tests, but i paid two hundred dollars for the vouchers to take the tests.

they expire in june.

cant join the army anymore because my recruiter filled a police report on me for homocide, not sure who i homocided though//

but like im feeling down and out because my grandma says i should slow my roll, but then what just sit around and do nothing untill i just wake up one day when im fifty and be like time to work.

i even tried takeing some classes online, but i cant pass them morons for nothing. i know im not stupid. but when you take the same test 6 times and dont pass. and its like borderline 8th grade social studies theres a problem.

i always get the impression im being jacked around. i dont wanna feel like a baby or nothing, but i know if i spent a bunch of money on study material i wouldnt wanna go up there and fail that crap. you dont get practice tests is whats stupid, but i get the impression my grandma thinks its a joke and my recruiter is jacking with me. its like these are college credits, they have nothing to do with you. what is your point.

yall ever feel like this.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
am i screwed forever? how do you get over this type of stuff?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
naah man I'm sure you're not screwed forever.

What kind of things do you enjoy doing? Maybe some ATS folk can throw up some ideas of jobs you culd go for. Maybe give you some new thoughts to work on.

Also,why do you think that you keep getting fired,and what could you do to stop that from happening in the future?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Something Im Not Getting

cant join the army anymore because my recruiter filled a police report on me for homocide, not sure who i homocided though/

How does a serious charge such as this casually fit into your employment problems, and why were you not charged and/ or facing court marshal because of it?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Something Im Not Getting
Ok I was in the army - got discharged for being a screwup

Your fault

sold computers for several years but got fired for smoking cheeba

What did you think would happen?

Your fault.

working on some network certifications cant even pass the practice tests

Shouldn't you have figured out if this was something you could or couldn’t do before you paid money to take the tests?

cant join the army anymore because my recruiter filled a police report on me for homocide,

What??

If you had a homicide report filed against you, wouldn't you be involved in some sort of criminal investigation?

Wouldn't these things be the least of your problems?

my grandma says i should slow my roll

Your grandma said that?

"Slow your roll"???

i always get the impression im being jacked around.

Sounds like your doing it yourself buddy.

Is this a joke?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Wow! Your transparency is refreshing...

Who you hanging out with? Bad company messes up good behavior...

What's your take on God...?

I found answers here... podcast.christianaudio.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

you might be right, but unless im the three dimensional man there is a problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Wow! Your transparency is refreshing...

Who you hanging out with? Bad company messes up good behavior...

What's your take on God...?

I found answers here... podcast.christianaudio.com...

what i need to do is step away from this vector, thats why i like my es girlfriend so much, she is so normal. i went over there and it was a refresher of how life used to be. still part of the matrix where people do the same crap they did five years ago and have the same conversations. but still alot cooler than where i am.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
why doesnt someone take the test for me

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Something Im Not Getting]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

a little harsh maybe. Yes,sometimes people need pointing out that some of their behavior is causing a destructive pattern in life. But saying "your fault" cos he got kicked out the army,when we don't know what level of "screwed upness" we're talking about here. (not suggesting you're mental btw
)

Maybe if SING takes something from the experience of being in the army,even if it's just how to keep his personal space tidy and in check. Then it hasn't been a waste. (if you're room and where you live is all nice and tidy and in check,that can help you be in the right "sorted" frame of mind to help you deal with life) You have to try and take something positive,from negative experiences. Learn from life and the mistakes you make in it. Also,thinking about how much your life is going nowhere,kind of enforces it in your life. Try and change the way you think about life,look for the positive side of everything. Even the bad stuff.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by nyk537

a little harsh maybe. Yes,sometimes people need pointing out that some of their behavior is causing a destructive pattern in life. But saying "your fault" cos he got kicked out the army,when we don't know what level of "screwed upness" we're talking about here. (not suggesting you're mental btw
)

Maybe if SING takes something from the experience of being in the army,even if it's just how to keep his personal space tidy and in check. Then it hasn't been a waste. (if you're room and where you live is all nice and tidy and in check,that can help you be in the right "sorted" frame of mind to help you deal with life) You have to try and take something positive,from negative experiences. Learn from life and the mistakes you make in it. Also,thinking about how much your life is going nowhere,kind of enforces it in your life. Try and change the way you think about life,look for the positive side of everything. Even the bad stuff.

i basically feel as though a recruiter from the army who is female and i swear to god i have seen her naked is trying to destroy my life.

in the it training world they have a term called brain dump. i feel like she is brain dumping me. i just complained to the state i live in, and i was like "theres only so much you can get away with, and then there crossing the line"

so why do they want to brain dump me so bad. its like a constant barrage of screw ups. one minute the testing system is down for four days, then this other stuff and all this other stuff.

you ever watch that tv program ugly betty, and want to put her in a head lock. or like in coneheads when they are at the ins office and they are like all im getting is this clicking sound.

i cant stand those weird people, its like they jerk you around. and you cant do anything, i cant explain how many jobs i have lost because of ugly betty and mexicans that speak in noises.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

What???
You are connecting dots that are thousands of miles apart.
Now I understand your username. perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

What???

i guess thats why i cant get a job or an education

i think thats the point is for someone to irritate me so i will blurt obsenities on the internet. like username "something im not getting"

= hot chick from army, naked

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

What???

i guess thats why i cant get a job or an education

i think thats the point is for someone to irritate me so i will blurt obsenities on the internet. like username "something im not getting"

= hot chick from army, naked

WOW!
like whatever dude.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

got fired for smoking cheeba

I think you smoked it before you wrote this post.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by The Scarecrow]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Go into business for yourself. Get a bucket some rags and a squeege and go knock on doors and ask if they need any windows washed.

Then ask if they have any odd jobs that need doing. Do a good job and not a halfassed one and you will be turning down work because your rep as a good worker will get around.

I started a 200K a year, 3 helpers, business doing exactly that.

Stay sober and get to work and good luck.

A person that's not afraid to get their hands dirty can make a lot of money.

edit to add...With all that money I started drinking and druggin and ran that great business into the ground in less than a year and was flat broke and had to start over in something else because I had gotten a bad rep for not finishing jobs and being a drunk.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

why doesnt someone take the test for me

Because you won't learn anything that way. Don't be Lazy. Having someone else write the test for you is a cop-out. You need to take responsibility and do it yourself.

Excellent Idea Whaaa.

Seriously you want to change your life? YOU are the only one who can do it, regardless of whatever other crap is going on in your life. YOU need to make the change. We can't do it for you.

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

damn right

People gonna die tonight in places all over the world. Not saying your # is bad but hey its all good

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You know, I think I actually get what you're saying in this thread.

So you saw this chick naked, and now she's like trying to destroy you and stuff? That's not that unusual really.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

1. You cannot join any military service because of your discharge. (It is coded as to why, even if it is honorable.)

2. If you did get an honorable, go to the VA and ask to see a social worker. You sound like you have some mental/emotional problems that need looking into.

3. If you got other than honorable, go to the VA and ask about seeing a representative to get the discharge upgraded to honorable. I have heard it is usually reversed in most cases, but it can be a lengthy process. Having humility and being responsible for what happened helps.

4. Most churches have counseling services. Even if you are not religious, it may be worth to check out.

They main part is you do see a problem. The work is cut out to finding what it is. Keeping sober is the main thing. Keep looking for work in the meantime. Eventually, you will get help, and can start fresh again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join