It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Ted Kennedy collapses at inaugural lunch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
Why switch off the lights?

Bright lights can aggrivate seizures. Kenney has cancer in the brain.
He's having seizures. Bright TV camera lights could spark more.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
blogs.abcnews.com...

While at the table, Kennedy began having seizures that lasted for several minutes. As they were carrying Kennedy out of the room, he was still seizing. President Barack Obama went out of the room with him, but he is back in the luncheon room now.

Nice to see that President Obama showed more concern and consideration for Kennedy during his time of distress than Kennedy showed Mary Jo Kopechne, at least.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Turning the lights off could also, but probably not, be a security measure.

Lots of important people...one of them suddenly falls over... take no chances and turn the lights off, just in case it is a terrorist. Harder for him to see with no lights, but I'm sure the secret service can afford themselves some NV goggles.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by Terrapop

He didn't mess it up, the guy giving it did. Also, Senator Byrd collapsed too.

Actually, Slate says they both messed it up.

The chief justice and the new president fox-trot all over the oath of office.
www.slate.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

'That I will execute....' (Ted Kennedy?)

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh, come on people. Kennedy has cancer of the brain. Byrd is a friend of his who is very old himself.

Like one of the above posters mentioned, they also have to stand for long periods of times during these things.
I remember coming very close to "falling out", as we termed it, when we were doing Change of Command ceremonies in the military.
We used to get pissed off when the outgoing commander thought it was a good time to give a 2 hour speech when his troops were out there standing at attention.

Very strenous stuff, believe it or not, and especially for a couple of old guys.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Well said.
In all honesty I hope the old fella's ok.
Rather a healthy man than a conspiracy anyday.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

Well, it will be what it will be. I would like to give condolences to Kennedy, but he is a politician.
I don't like 'em.

All I'm saying is that this is a complete non-issue from the CT side of things.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
^ Well, actually it is, imho.

If I'm not mistaken, yhe Bush family has been implicated in various ways in the killing of JFK, Robert Kennedy and JFK jr. Although there's no actual reason to suspect foul play, the sheer coincidence of this makes for some interesting CT speculation

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about them old codgers. It was probably too many Sherries or a bit of dodgy chicken. They'll be right as rain in the Morning.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Justice Roberts fumbled the oath, not Obama.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A few eye witness accounts that have come out on CNN report Kennedy being overcome by seizures for quite some time. When medics arrived he still seizing as he was being removed in a wheelchair.

I don't claim much knowledge of how a heart attack unfolds, but that sort of prolonged seizing seems unlikely.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
[UPDATE]

"After being taken from the lunch, Byrd was seen sitting in a wheelchair in a hallway outside the House chamber, surrounded by three individuals," Roll Call reports. "He appeared alert and responsive, telling an individual, 'I’m OK,' when asked. At 2:45, Byrd was wheeled around the corner and onto an elevator north of the chamber.

"Meanwhile, House Chaplain Daniel Coughlin told the luncheon attendees that Kennedy, who apparently was seizing, 'responded well to the Congressional medical team here and has now been taken from the building.'"

"Dodd said that Kennedy told him, 'I'll be okay. I'll see you later,' reports CNN.

"Kennedy's wife, Vicki, was with him, Dodd said. 'She knows what to do. He's in good shape.'

"Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, said Secret Service officers moved in right away and that someone later asked for a moment of silence.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Kennedy has to give up his Senate seat

It's obvious he's unfit to serve

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by atoms.2008

The people of Mass would vote his mummified corpse into the seat if they could. I'm beginning to think they keep electing him not because they like him but because they get a kick out of driving the rest of the country crazy.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
the OP reports:

[...]Senator Ted Kennedy, D-Massachusetts, collapsed Tuesday afternoon during a luncheon...

Originally posted by cogburn
[...] Sen. Robert Byrd also collapsed at the same luncheon.

Currently there is no information available on the status or condition of Sen. Byrd.

Well.... it goes to show ya...
its not smart to Swear-That-Oath -> "Over - My - Dead - Body" too often, or over too many things...
(perhaps even about a non-white serving as President)

Who knows

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by atoms.2008

The people of Mass would vote his mummified corpse into the seat if they could. I'm beginning to think they keep electing him not because they like him but because they get a kick out of driving the rest of the country crazy.

LOL

You are SO right

LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sounds like Karma is hitting them for the corrupt government they maintain to me.

Wouldn't surprise me if more politicians start dropping like flies in the next couple of years.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Yeah... must be that. So now Obama has killed his grandmother, campaign manager, and is attempting to off Senators Byrd and Kennedy.

Easy, statements like that might make me begin to like the guy,Both of these "Lords" of perpetual continuity of congress need to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join