It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Ted Kennedy collapses at inaugural lunch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Sen. Ted Kennedy collapses at inaugural lunch

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Senator Ted Kennedy, D-Massachusetts, collapsed Tuesday afternoon during a luncheon held for President Barack Obama in the Capitol's Statuary Hall, a senator told CNN's Dana Bash.

Paramedics were called to the scene at 2:35 p.m. ET.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This story is breaking right now.

CNN is currently running a chyron stating Sen. Robert Byrd also collapsed at the same luncheon.

Currently there is no information available on the status or condition of Sen. Byrd.

If this were Russia or China, what would we be saying about two senators collapsing at the same luncheon during a transition of power?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Very symbolistic if you ask me...

Could there be any more bad omens for Obama? Flubbing of the oath, Kennedy and Senator Byrd collapsing ... what's next?

This Inauguration is turning out to be somewhat of an anti-climax.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Terrapop]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Dude there is something wrong here.. Kennedy AND Byrd both had medical issues.. during lunch?? IMO theres something more then whats being reported.. Maybe I'm paranoid, but..

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oh not good at all, Im hearing bits on this as well but so far not alot on the net about it,

I really hope they are both ok,

Though as both have medical issues it would not surprise me with all the stress that would have been felt today,

[edit on 20-1-2009 by asala]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm watching this now.

CNN just interviewed Senator Rockefeller live who said the the lights were killed as Kennedy collapsed... very very fishy.

Why switch off the lights?

But apparently Byrd was not really injured.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by The_Modulus]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If these two are the weakest, I think we might assume some type of flu virus. Otherwise, if it was food poisoning, many others would have also. Still, I'm glad I wasn't invited.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Bydes office are saying that he is ok and is not going to hospital, Though Ted has been taken to the awaiting hospital,

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

He didn't mess it up, the guy giving it did. Also, Senator Byrd collapsed too.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think I'm buying the story CNN is pushing; a seizure of sorts.

The dude is an old man, such a hectic and exciting day could easily have got to him and caused his heart or . to skip a jump.

I doubt poisoning, but I find the killing of the lights fishy.

link   
An Omen? Or could it be that Obama's inner circle planned this whole thing to off Senator Kennedy on inauguration day so they could replace him?

link   
And to add:

DOW Jones just went below 8000 points...

now down by 4,30%

Anybody in the know about more things to come today?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Terrapop]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'd write this off to Byrd being Methusaleh and Ted K. having the brain cancer, with them both probably having spent more time standing and spending alot more physical energy than they've been used to over the past 6+ months. Considering how long some of the participants have to stand during these events, I'm actually surprised this doesn't happen much more frequently.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Yeah... must be that. So now Obama has killed his grandmother, campaign manager, and is attempting to off Senators Byrd and Kennedy.

And they said we were crazy for thinking Bush went to Iraq for oil...

[edit on 1/20/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by sos37

Yeah... must be that. So now Obama has killed his grandmother, campaign manager, and is attempting to off Senators Byrd and Kennedy.

And they said we were crazy for thinking Bush went to Iraq for oil...

[edit on 1/20/2009 by Irish M1ck]

You're distorting facts. Go back and pull up the quotes if you like. Again, I said I would not put it past Obama to kill his grandmother if she were getting in the way of his becoming president.

And I still believe that to this day and will not deny I said that.

The campaign manager's death was very suspicious and very odd timing.

And I didn't say anything about Obama offing Byrd as he is obviously okay. But I would not put it past Obama to see to it that Kennedy is out of the picture.

This is a conspiracy site, is it not?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Sure, and I just thought the slogan was "Deny Ignorance". Maybe instead of calling him the Messiah you should start calling him the Terminator.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Now the next wierd thing is going to happen....

They just said on CNN that Obama might not get to the White House before the sun goes down, because they are 1 hour late on schedule.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I just find this interesting because it smacks of Machiavellian style politics. Sure, it could be nothing, but the best CTs are the ones comprised of the greatest number of synchronistic events.

It conjures up all kinds of great CTs...

It occurred at a luncheon, the most obvious CT is poison. Was it intended for someone else? Did Byrd not ingest the same level as Kennedy or was in better health?

Remember, Byrd was the one who broke down in tears during the tribute to Kennedy in Congress.

Again, I still can't help to think what we'd be saying if it happened in any country other than the United States...

Are we so filled with hubris to assume the oldest and most effective forms of political intrigue have been abandoned?

Are not those figures we deem least likely to betray an ideal the ones able to conceal it most completely?

Best of luck to Sen. Kennedy, but what a great story...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ignorance means not having all of the facts. Some facts we are never privvy to or are publicly distorted because of the nature of secrecy and the desire by unscrupulous people to keep the truth from members of society. Government is a prime example. The Masons are another.

So are you saying there is 0% chance that my theories are correct? If you are, then I would say that I'm not the one in denial. You know what they say about never saying "never".

[edit on 20-1-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
U.S. Rep. Roy Blunt, says he thinks he had a stroke.

U.S. Rep. Roy Blunt, coming out of the luncheon, said he thought Kennedy suffered a stroke toward the end of the meal. But most reports are that Kennedy had a seizure.

source

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join