It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were the REAL Illuminati symbols?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ever since reading Shea & Wilson's Illuminatus! Trilogy more than 20 years ago I've gone along with the supposition that the "eye in the pyramid" was a symbol used by the Bavarian Illuminati. More recently, I've come to question that. In fact, I've only found a few inferences that predate the mid 1970's, and I think one that actually dates back to the 1950s when that symbol was placed on the US 1 dollar bill.

But as of yet, I have seen NO historical accounts that actually, definitively describe any ACTUAL symbols used by the Illuminati that Weishaupt founded in the 1770s.

Anybody have any good historical references that would cover this? Is the idea that the eye in the pyramid was a symbol of the Illuminati a modern myth with no foundation?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Well when you look back in history it seems like the All-Seeing eye is used a lot and for the more same purpose over and over again.

Egypt = The eye of Horus
Alchemy = All-Seeing Eye God
Christianity = Eye of Providence
Freemasonry = All-seeing eye of God
Dollar Bill = All Seeing eye of God watching over the building of a new nation
Deceleration of Human Rights (French Revolution) = All-Seeing Eye on the Document.

It's also used on my cathedrals like that of Aachen Cathedral as well as on the pedestal of the Alexander Column.

The idea of the All-Seeing eye being a symbol of the Illuminati wouldn't surprise me if it where true because a lot of people use the symbol. Also the symbol is used for practically the same purpose, to show that the eye of God is watching over our actions. (Unless someone can show me proof that it shows the eye of the Illuminati watching us). Of course there are some organizations and companies that use the all0seeing eye for a logo. For Instance, Private Investigation companies that use it to show that they are private eyes watching criminals and so forth etc..

Just my opinion of course, but hey who really knows?

I think the Illuminati used/uses? the same symbol (if even) for the same purpose.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This may or may not help, but I remember watching this some time ago and the second part of the video is to do with symbolism. However, it is more generic and less attached to Weishaupt's founding of the Illuminati, although it is mentioned.

Icke, although not to everyone's taste, presents a thorough description of the use of symbols and the reason for their use.

Here is the link:

Google Video Link

If anything, it is very interesting, even at 1hr 41mins long!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Extended point starlight within a spacetime warp on a black backgound, "swoosh" indicating a presence on one of the moons of Saturn.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

There's a bit of inaccurate info in Ickes interpretation, however.

His interpretation of some of these symbols employed are not necessarily Universal.

Molech was a bull, for starters....but I digress.

Symbolisim has always been a tricky subject because said images are so mutable and open to interpretation. These days, the majority of people trying to research insights into any "illuminati" symbols are going to fall into a wealth of slanted interpretations using making some connection to "evil" and/or "satanic" connotations.

I'm doing the best I can to find some non-biased imagery of the Illuminati, but once again - my understanding ofthe Illuminati is radically different from the majority of mainstream conspiracy out there.

If I come across anything I think dates to the original Bavarian Illuminati, I shall post forthwith.

*edit to clarify

[edit on 1/20/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushidomason
The idea of the All-Seeing eye being a symbol of the Illuminati wouldn't surprise me if it where true because a lot of people use the symbol. Also the symbol is used for practically the same purpose, to show that the eye of God is watching over our actions.
The eye, sure. On basis of pure speculation of why the eye might be used, your logic is sound. The bit of the equation that's never been proven satisfactorily, in my opinion, is the unfinished pyramid. I'd love to see evidence that there was an organization 200+ years ago using this in their teachings, their trestle boards, or whathaveyou. As a meme it has to have an origin, and there should be a reason that it has survived to this day. (Though anyone who has studied mimetics knows that some non-useful memes seem to thrive just as well as useful ones...)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by bushidomason
The idea of the All-Seeing eye being a symbol of the Illuminati wouldn't surprise me if it where true because a lot of people use the symbol. Also the symbol is used for practically the same purpose, to show that the eye of God is watching over our actions.
The eye, sure. On basis of pure speculation of why the eye might be used, your logic is sound. The bit of the equation that's never been proven satisfactorily, in my opinion, is the unfinished pyramid. I'd love to see evidence that there was an organization 200+ years ago using this in their teachings, their trestle boards, or whathaveyou. As a meme it has to have an origin, and there should be a reason that it has survived to this day. (Though anyone who has studied mimetics knows that some non-useful memes seem to thrive just as well as useful ones...)

I see what you mean.
As far as my research has done i have not seen the unfinished pyramid anywhere in history besides that of the Dollar bill (which means an unfinished nation still being built...i think). Very interesting indeed i will look more into this

btw MEME...any correlation the internet hate machine (mudkipz..so forth?) lol

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Came across this, thought you might find it of interest.

Current conspiracy theorists will often claim that the reverse of the USA great seal is the symbol of the Illuminati. If they feel the need to justify the claim, they might mention a document or manuscript that was on display "until recently" in the British Museum. The British Museum has a number of items displaying an all-seeing eye, none identified with the Bavarian Illuminati.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Greetings Josh,

I only know of ONE symbol officially used by the Bavarian Illuminati, which was the point within a circle ( ☉ ). This simple symbol, however, is extremely interesting in all of its meanings.

From Illuminati Conspiracy Part One, by Terry Melanson (author of "PERFECTIBILISTS - The 18th Century Bavarian Order of the Illuminati"):

"(...) The Order was, therefore, always represented in communications between members as a circle with a dot in the center ☉ This symbolic imagery - the point within a circle, the Perfectibilists and the Bees - is also reflective of Weishaupt's fascination with Eleusinian and Pythagorean Mysteries; no doubt learning of this early on having access to Ickstatt's considerable library."

Here's another VERY revealing article about May 1st (the date of foundation of the Bavarian Illuminati) and all it's fire/light/sun connections:
www.conspiracyarchive.com...

When you read this article, remember that the point within the circle is the astrological symbol of the Sun (and thus, of fire and light).

Best regards,
Osiris Risen

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris Risen

Thanks for your input! I hadn't realized that they used that symbol. I'll have to read up on it further.

Since you're a fan of Terry's, you may be interested in reading some of his posts from when he was active on ATS last year here. I'm still waiting on his book to be published... looks like the date has slipped yet again.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Josh, I would like to make one or two observations still about the point within the circle and the "fire worship" doctrine of the Illuminati.

Quoting Weishaupt, through Melanson:

The allegory in which the Mysteries and Higher Grades must be clothed is Fire Worship and the whole philosophy of Zoroaster or of the old Parsees who nowadays only remain in India; therefore in the further degrees the Order is called 'Fire Worship' (Feuerdienst), the 'Fire Order,' or the 'Persian Order' - that is, something magnificent beyond all expectation.

This is very interesting, because in the (not so) secret calendar of the Illuminati even the day of the Order's foundation was entirely connected to this same idea.

According to Abbé Barruel (1797), the Illuminati used a 12-month calendar which was inspired on the Persian Calendar. The New Year fell on March 21st, which was the first of 41 days (from March 21 to April 30) of the month called Pharavardin. Next was Adarpahascht (May), Chardad (June), Thirmeh (July), Merdedmeh (August), Schaharimeh (September), Meharmeh (October), Abenmeh (November), Adarmeh (December), Dimeh (January), Benmeh (February), and Asphandar (March 1-20). They also counted their years from 630 AD, when Yazdegird III was crowned the King of Persia, so that, for instance, May 1st 1776 (Illuminati foundation) would have been written 1 Adarpahascht 1146 of the Persian/Illuminati Era.

This is very interesting, to say the least, because in the Zoroastrian (Persian) Calendar, the month Adarpahascht (Ardibehesht) was directly associated with fire worship, and the first day of every month is called Hormazd, from Ahura Mazda, the light/fire god of Zoroastrianism. Even the particle "ADAR" in Adarpahascht means fire in persian! So it really seems that there is indeed a very deep connection between the Illuminati and Fire-Worship. The symbol for the Order of the Illuminati, the point within the circle, is just one more proof of this connection, being as it is traditionally related to the Sun, Fire and Light.

Here's an interesting article ("Fire, the Son of Ahura Mazda"), by Mrs. Pervin J. Mistry:
tenets.zoroastrianism.com...

Regards

O.R.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Josh, I would like to make one or two observations still about the point within the circle and the "fire worship" doctrine of the Illuminati.

Quoting Weishaupt, through Melanson:

The allegory in which the Mysteries and Higher Grades must be clothed is Fire Worship and the whole philosophy of Zoroaster or of the old Parsees who nowadays only remain in India; therefore in the further degrees the Order is called 'Fire Worship' (Feuerdienst), the 'Fire Order,' or the 'Persian Order' - that is, something magnificent beyond all expectation.

This is very interesting, because in the (not so) secret calendar of the Illuminati even the day of the Order's foundation was entirely connected to this same idea.

According to Abbé Barruel (1797), the Illuminati used a 12-month calendar which was inspired on the Persian Calendar. The New Year fell on March 21st, which was the first of 41 days (from March 21 to April 30) of the month called Pharavardin. Next was Adarpahascht (May), Chardad (June), Thirmeh (July), Merdedmeh (August), Schaharimeh (September), Meharmeh (October), Abenmeh (November), Adarmeh (December), Dimeh (January), Benmeh (February), and Asphandar (March 1-20). They also counted their years from 630 AD, when Yazdegird III was crowned the King of Persia, so that, for instance, May 1st 1776 (Illuminati foundation) would have been written 1 Adarpahascht 1146 of the Persian/Illuminati Era.

This is very interesting, to say the least, because in the Zoroastrian (Persian) Calendar, the month Adarpahascht (Ardibehesht) was directly associated with fire worship, and the first day of every month is called Hormazd, from Ahura Mazda, the light/fire god of Zoroastrianism. Even the particle "ADAR" in Adarpahascht means fire in persian! So it really seems that there is indeed a very deep connection between the Illuminati and Fire-Worship. The symbol for the Order of the Illuminati, the point within the circle, is just one more proof of this connection, being as it is traditionally related to the Sun, Fire and Light.

Here's an interesting article ("Fire, the Son of Ahura Mazda"), by Mrs. Pervin J. Mistry:
tenets.zoroastrianism.com...

Regards

O.R.

P.S.: I posted this earlier as an anonymous member because I forgot to login. As I wasn't able to see my post, I'm posting it again with my correct username (hope it doesn't appear twice!).

top topics

join