It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could my dream of a UFO be a memory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
When I was a kid I remember going out with my dad late one night to help take the garbage out. I also remember that the reason we went at that particular time had to do with interference on the TV (we were watching MASH). As we started our walk back to the side of our house we noticed a strange pulsing light that glowed a violet/orange.

It seemed oddly shaped and it was circling an antenna (radio/tv) that was within a mile or so of our house. It was odd in that I'd never seen any type of aircraft or helicopter so close to it and didn't after. We stood and watched it but I can never complete that memory.

Over the years I have had several dreams that seem to stand out to me more than my usual ones. They all have the same time setting (the house I grew up in) and the same subject matter (encountering a UFO). In the past I had always dismissed these as fantasy, but last night's dream seemed to be more distinct.

In the dream I was standing exactly where my dad and I were that night except this time I clearly saw the craft passing over our head at a very low level. It was shaped much like a complex box kite but with eerie flashing lights and moving in complete silence over our heads. I remember pointing and saying look its a UFO.

Could this and other dreams I've had of it landing in a field near my house be the rest of what really happened to me that night? I'm a pretty skeptical person and have a hard time believing that, but at the same time I get this weird feeling every time I replay those images in my head. As I don't believe in regression hypnosis are there any other ways to recover the memory of what really happened to me all those years ago?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's a very interesting subject matter that is very personal. I too have memories of one particular thing that has caused me to wonder if it was a dream or a tangible experience - and it was one that scared the beejeezus outta me and still does. I wake up and have to leap outta bed so I dont think about it anymore.

I'd prefer to have experienced a UFO, certainly, however, how is my event more or less scary than your own? I'd probably be as scared within dreams or thoughts as you are in your experiences, the grass is greener in madness lol

A friend saw me experience my fear during waking hours and suggested I see a "doctor" for anxiety and I refuse on the grounds that I have been me for so long now, no dependancy on substance or counsellling for Psycho-I-Understand-The-Curicullum-Ive-Been-Indoctrinated-Into BS. I can take this and so can you.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ichienkai]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ichienkai

I wouldn't have usually thought very much of it, but it seems that the dreams are all pieces of the same experience. Like small puzzle pieces falling into place over the last 20 years. What is really unique is that they all take place in the same location and have the exact same subject matter. Not to say that I don't have other recurring dreams, except this one is always especially lucid. Perhaps its all a coincidence or just a part of my brain's overactive imagination, but either way I'm definitely interested in anyone else's experience who's might be similar. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It seems that for myself, I had a huge awakening back around 6,21,91 and these people I couldn't see as-if showed me the future and asked me why I did or didn't do something. Than I recall saying: "I'm going to tell!" and they said,"No, you're not" and they made me forget most of everything. But, I do now recall saying: "Hey hey we're the monkeys!" as if some clue. And than they said: "What is that supposed to mean?" idk. I guess maybe they reminded me of monkeys because they were so small and had similar features?

At any rate, around 9/11, I started to remember things from my childhood. So, I guess many are now at this time starting to recall these events and possibly some message we were given. Maybe it's: "Don't bother packing any bags."

new topics

top topics

join