It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Black... So What !!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yes, but not as much.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I am not talking about money. I am talking about the elite pool of people that are specifically selected to hold office.

Even if he made money later on, he didn't come out of that pool. he didn't on his own. In a racist world. that is somethin to be celebrated.

People who don't think it is a big deal have never dealt with racisim on a personal level.

I just heard a story a few weeks ago from a women about her mother who was a housekeeper for a white woman. When leaving work one day she say someone had thrown out some nail polish. She took it out of the trash and painted her nails. She went to the grocery store to buy some milk and the white mail grocery challenged her on wearing nail color like a white woman and proceeded to take pliars and pull out every single fingernail.

Now tell me how that woman would feel about someone, even half black, being elected president?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I've had people coming in all morning saying they've been waiting for this since they were children.

I dont get.
I'm just some bigot who thinks Affirmative Action (prioritizing based on race) is racist.

It never ceases to amaze me that when people are trying not to be bigots they look like raving Klansmen.

Yeah, like you just did.

All you [snip] guys who keep sayin "I dont get it" "blacks are racists for this" are just going to have to give it up... you'll never understand the struggle.

And it's not racists to celebrate the first black pres when a few generations ago, if I would call a white guy an [snip] I'd get hung in the street. You people dont understand a key word "perspective".

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have to agree - I am sick of hearing Obama is black - I figured that out all by myself. BUT - I have to admit that it made me feel good to so much American support and pride for a black man.
This election has confirmed my view that racism in America is quickly becoming a thing of the past and not nearly as prevalent as some would like us to believe.
Now, its time for this guy to get to work and make true on all those plans for change!
Barack - I didn't vote for you BUT I'm behind you 100% for as long as you walk the walk like you talked the talk!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
It is funny how an Alien invasion would unite everyone under "humans" and what color you are would not matter, finally.
All of a sudden it would be 'us'
Never a truer word spoken brother.I will add your thought to my Quote diary.

Thanks & Piece

Lewtra

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join