It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are earths biggest problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
#1 The ozone layer
I first remember this being put forward in the mid eighties.
Some of our products contain cfc's this is what is killing the ozone layer.
Solution= No more cfc's in our products

#2 Carbon emisions
This I recall being made aware of around the early nineties.
CO2 Build up is trapping UV light and warming the planet
Solution=Minimize the use of fossil fuels and be aware of your carbon footprint

#3 Massive dead spots in the ocean
This I recall being brought forward in the late nineties.
Runoff of chemical fertilizers in rivers and fallout from burning fossil fuels
Solution= See above

These are explanations given to you over generations, so as the explanation for what is happening to the earth is already part of your paradigm. This is so you will have an answer to your questions when things start to get bad. And they are hoping you don't look too hard or connect too many dot's.

The truth is. That although we do indeed pollute this planet. We are no more responsible for these occurrences here on earth, than we are for every other planet in the solar system going through exactly the same changes.

What other odd occurrences have been happening lately that we do not have an explanation for (or ridiculous explanations )

Honeybees disappearing, Cranes falling out of the sky, Massive increases in skin cancer, Massive increases in meteor reports, Massive black outs, Irregular sunspot activity, Whales and Dolphins being washed up on shore.

The true reasons for all of these incidents is much more dire than the authorities would care to admit.

Something is happening to our sun.
I do not know if it has something to do with its natural cycle. Or if something external is causing this.
Let me explain why I believe this.

Honeybees rely on UV light to see. Cranes Dolphins and Whales use the magnetosphere to navigate. UV is the #1 source for skin cancer. Solar activity has been known in the past to overload electrical systems on earth.

The Mayan civilization worshiped the sun (as did almost all ancient civilizations) They believe the Sun has "Ages" which it cycles through. They believed in the next age the world would be purified by fire. And this would start to happen around the time the earth moves through the Galactic center. The Hopi Indians of North America also hold this belief. They have actually built underground shelters to prepare for the cleansing.

Do you think they are spraying chemtrails to poison you? Did you read the reports from when they analyzed chemtrail samples? It contains Particularized Barium. They are spraying this so you don't get cooked by the UV (Barium is excellent at blocking UV) Although it really doesn't help the pilots who operate above the protective layer which they help seed. Pilot cancer rates have also sky rocketed.

The Massive increase in hurricanes cyclones and tornadoes, Parallels the increased output from the sum exactly.

I have lots more information and source material. Please feel free to ask and I shall provide.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The cynical answer is just two words....

...we are.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The earth has no problems,humans have problems.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
As you've stated the sun may very well be responsible for some of the Earth's problems, but it's hard to deny that most every problem would be solved, or at least a lot easier to deal with if our population was reduced. I see overpopulation as the number one problem facing our planet and species.

Now before everyone jumps to conclusions, and assumes something stupid like I think we should just kill off huge populations, let me tell you there are better ways. Bottom line is our population will have to be managed one day, and I say sooner rather than later or else the solution may very well be to kill off huge populations at once.

take some responsibility....DO NOT REPRODUCE.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The biggest problem is still people dumping trash into the rivers and streams. Factories are responsible as well for the water pollution.

C02 is natural and follows tempreture, not causes it to rise.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
The biggest problem is still people dumping trash into the rivers and streams. Factories are responsible as well for the water pollution.

C02 is natural and follows tempreture, not causes it to rise.

Absolutely C02 follows temperature. Temperature is on the rise. C02 follows that.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Does anyone disagree or find fault in this?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"The period of global warming that we have experienced on our planet over the last century, which has seen a rise in temperature of some 0,6 oC, does not correlate at all with a rise in the concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2), but is does correlate with solar activity. Indications are that solar activity is the primary driver of the variation in global temperature.

Even more compelling is the fact that there exists a well-documented Roman Warm period from the time of the Roman Caesars, and a Medieval Warm Period, both of which correlate with solar activity, but certainly can have nothing whatever to do with CO2 produced by any human industrial activities."

heliogenic.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
1. Ignorance

2. Greed

3. People wasting time trying to solve things they can't solve alone.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Carlin nails it again.

WARNING!!! Graphic language.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
IMO the biggest problem facing the people of this planet is HUNGER.

Dictators and tyrants have used food as a control mechanism for centruires over less forturnate people who live among us. Furthermore our attemps to send aid and food into those countries have not worked for a very simple reason.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, fee him for life.

Our idea of helping them is dumping food and med supplies when what we should be doing is building agricultural infrastructure and teach those people how to use it.

Without world hunger the people of this earth would be far less prone to violence and anamilistic behavior. Also a healthy populace will provide us with more skilled workers, scientists and people that are desperatly in NEED of to help with the other large scaled problems that we face.

The issue of hunger would fix ALOT of issues within third world countries. If people knew that had an adequate supply of nurishment all year round, they could focus on building those companies and removing the term Third World altogether.

Just my opinion.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I could not agree more. We are parasites to this planet. If man disappeared from the planet over night the planet would start immediately to heal itself. In less than a hundred years most evidence that man was even here will be well on its way to obliteration.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

...we are.

Alleviated by reduced populations.

The earth has no problems,humans have problems.

more easily managed with reduced population

1. Ignorance

2. Greed

3. People wasting time trying to solve things they can't solve alone.

1. less people, better education, less ignorance
2. less people, more to go around, less reason to hoard wealth.
3. less people, less problems to waste time solving.

IMO the biggest problem facing the people of this planet is HUNGER.

less people, more managable food situation.

In less than a hundred years most evidence that man was even here will be well on its way to obliteration.

Could be, and the number one best way to avoid that scenario is....yep you guessed it, reduce population!! Come on, what do you think carlin would say?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Come on, what do you think carlin would say?

You didn't read the thread, right?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
I have lots more information and source material. Please feel free to ask and I shall provide.

yes please, it's an interesting idea and i have some sympathy with it but i'ld like to see some info on the sun actually producing extra UV light.

as far as i recall, which doesn't say a lot, sun spots produce a lot of UV and they're currently at a low point.

although i think i did see that thread about the odd-ball sun-spot on the recent posts list the last couple of days.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

'New data has revealed that the heliosphere, the protective shield of energy that surrounds our solar system, has weakened by 25 per cent over the past decade and is now at it lowest level since the space race began 50 years ago.

Scientists are baffled at what could be causing the barrier to shrink in this way and are to launch mission to study the heliosphere.

The Interstellar Boundary Explorer, or IBEX, will be launched from an aircraft on Sunday on a Pegasus rocket into an orbit 150,000 miles above the Earth where it will "listen" for the shock wave that forms as our solar system meets the interstellar radiation.

The epidermis or top layer of skin contains three different types of cells: squamous cells, basal cells and melanocytes. Skin cancer is a disease of the body's skin cells caused mainly by overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation.

Honey Bee Senses
Posted at: July 3, 2002 09:39 AM | Comments (0) | Edit

Vision

The individual light sensors which make up the compound eyes of insects are called "ommatidia". Each eye of the honeybee has 4500 ommatidia, all of which collect light from slightly different directions. From this mosaic of light sensors a complete image is pieced together. 4500 light sensitive units is a relatively small number compared to, say, the number of photoreceptors in the human retina (1.5 million), or elements in a current state-of-the-art digital camera (3 million). Hence the image that the honeybee sees is of very low resolution.

Each ommatidium contains nine light sensitive cells. Two of these are receptive to green light, two to blue light, and two to ultra violet light.

Solar irradiance variations below 300 nm, although it represents only 1% of the Sun's total electromagnetic output, are especially important since the irradiance is totally absorbed in various layers of Earth's atmosphere. Consequently, it plays a significant role in heating Earth's atmosphere and establishing its chemical composition through photodissociation and photoionization processes. The UV irradiance between 200 and 285 nm penetrates to the stratosphere and is the major source of the stratospheric heating and the ozone photodissociation. Radiation between 165 and 205 nm photodissociates the oxygen molecules and other important odd oxygen constituents of the stratosphere and the mesosphere.

www.scostep.ucar.edu...

Light scattering pigment powder particles, surface treated to minimize inparticle cohesive forces, are dispensed from a jet mill deagglomerator as separate single particles to produce a powder contrail having maximum visibility or radiation scattering ability for a given weight material.

www.luxefaire.com...
I hope this helps pieman.
If you need me to be more specific please don't hesitate to ask.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by foremanator]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The cynical answer is just two words....

...we are.

True though. The gentlest way to address this problem is to end almost all human embryo formation for a generation or two.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My opinion is about the ozone layer, decreasing of the erath resources, and the extinguishe of the rain woods.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
As you've stated the sun may very well be responsible for some of the Earth's problems, but it's hard to deny that most every problem would be solved, or at least a lot easier to deal with if our population was reduced. I see overpopulation as the number one problem facing our planet and species.

Now before everyone jumps to conclusions, and assumes something stupid like I think we should just kill off huge populations, let me tell you there are better ways. Bottom line is our population will have to be managed one day, and I say sooner rather than later or else the solution may very well be to kill off huge populations at once.

take some responsibility....DO NOT REPRODUCE.

How the hell did you come to that idea? Have you been watching too much new world order propaganda about how its all our own fault and how we need to be reduced to only 500 million people? Do you know the person to land mass ratio ? Im sure i heard somewhere that you could put every human on the planet into Australia and house them and give them some land to farm and have some room left over,

Do you have kids ? Want any ?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

yes but as CO2 rises plants would naturally use this CO2 to just recreate more oxygen and put it back into the atmosphere, its just negative feedback which takes place almost everywhere, but with the demise of so much of our rainforests theres less plants, meaning even more CO2 then would be natural. Dont get me wrong i'm not a treehugger and also i will admit that this isn't the only problem but there are many factors to take into consideration about this subject.

new topics

top topics

join