It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Source:
More of the Same

"To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history, but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

What a Blow-hard...
More of the same, more of the Kettle calling the Pot black...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Oreyeon]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well, he looked like a fraud while on the stump and he's an even bigger fraud today as POTUS.

I'm ashamed to see so many Americans buying into his lies.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
stop whining its pathetic

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
you'll be joining us soon....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
stop whining its pathetic

Whining? You're whining that I'm whining. However, I'm not whining. I'm just pointing out the facts. Every President has and will continue to be the same, as long as our country is run by those who are in real power. He's a puppet, used to appease people like you who seem to find comfort and warmth in having their heads rested in someone's anal cavity.

I'm not a religious person, but I did seek out a quote I had heard a long time ago, and I thought it appropriate...

For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand
and were choked in the sea.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You are just disappointed that none of the "predicted" dooms and glooms happened during the speach.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by deenamarie53
Well, he looked like a fraud while on the stump and he's an even bigger fraud today as POTUS.

I'm ashamed to see so many Americans buying into his lies.

On the bright side, he is already a lame duck.

He will be gone in four years along with most of his criminal party cronies in the legislature.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
At this moment I have more hope for American than I've had in years.

I'm not going to start questioning that hope now.
I'm going to go on believing and hoping and doing all I can to make a change - and pray each and every American does also.

I'll stop hoping when they try to take my guns.

Until then, I choose hope.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

"unclench your fist"

That's an interesting choice of semantics for him. The fist traditionally is a symbol of strength through unity. Unions and working class groups have always used the fist as a symbol of the individual fingers drawing together tightly to form something far stronger and more effective than they could ever be alone.

I'm not one to read too much into these types of word choices, but considering the minute and a half of his speech I was forced to endure while grabbing a Starbucks was him heaping praise on people who were willing to take pay cuts and lower their positions of power & negotiation in their company in order to prevent others from being laid off outright, it does seem to be somewhat anti-union on his part.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Did anybody listen to Alex Jones with a man at the scene?

He was asking Obama supporters what they liked about him. Whether it was his bailouts, his desire to keep the wars going, his building a personal army with the the 18-24 drafted security service or his desire to funnel their money up to the bankers and out of the country.

It was great.

Obama: the black Bush.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
...and the sycophantic slags all changed their dance to the beat of the new drummer....

and they quickly grew tired

Two Lines

[edit on 20-1-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Y'all will be assimilated, resistance is futile.
It's just a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
On the bright side, he is already a lame duck.

He will be gone in four years along with most of his criminal party cronies in the legislature.

Yeah. To be replaced by another group of criminal party cronies.

You guys are so funny.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We'll see. People can make a big difference. Just believing that they can make a difference, and work towards that, could be a large push to making things change.

Obama seems to have the ability to inspire people to change the country. If people believe it.. who knows what will happen. It's certainly not an unwelcome message after the last 8 years of non-hope.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Now I see how easy and how many Americans are brainwashed. What a shame.

top topics

join