It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Balance Between Liberty And Security Are Wrong..........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have just watched the ceremony of Barrack Obama and would like to say that no-matter what **** people try and dig up and throw at him, that was the most powerfull soul touching speech I have ever heard.

I truly believe that he will do everything in his power.... and then some more... to make his and the American peoples' visions come true.

To the United States of America, you have just made one of the best choices in history. I sincerely applaude you.

Mod Edit: All Caps Title.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Yeah, he sure does have good speech writers.

What.. you think he wrote that himself?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thank you. I think the most important aspect of the speech was his squarely repudiating the policies of the Bush administration and the mistakes of the last 8yrs. There are alot of detractors here and abroad. But the fact is, we lost our way. Most of us relaize that and truly want to get back on-track. Let's hope we can. For the good of us all.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
He almost certainly had speach writers.... But i believe like any great artist he used his own material and it is in the manner it is spoke.

Through him speaking it I really believed he meant everything he said, of course you will probably say hes a good actor as well right?

Jeez, a defining moment and withing minutes people are being negative, I change my opening statment.....

America, I believe you have sone a great thing today, but you've gotta do a whole lot more than that with guys like this on the scene.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I agree my friend, I honestly didn't know what to expect when he started the speech, but he did a great thing by addressing the problems instead of brushing them aside.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ya and he was lucky the telepromptor didn't malfuntion. In the past when it happened he couldn't put two words together. Yup, he sure can READ a speech. Singing praises and anointing the chosen one is the biggest mistake this country has made in many years. The other one was FDR. This is going to be much worse!
Zindo

[edit on 1/20/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Like me on the scene?

So in your opinion.. everyone should just blindly follow the person the majority elects..... yeah, the word for that is sheep.

I did not vote for obama.. so no I do not support him.

I do support the office however... totally different animal.

3/4ths of most presidential speeches are written by his speech writers.. with that 1/4th being reserved for his revisions.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
No more excuses for him from you love Obama guys. He is now President. He is the one in charge. When he screws up don't make excuses for him about being naive or otherwise. A speech does not cure anything. Ask people a week from now and they will forget what he said. Time for him to start putting up or shutting up. Time for him to quit saying what he might do and start doing what he said he will do. He loves to play with his words but in time you will see thru those words.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The amount of boohooing on here is amazing. SO is going to need to order kleenex by the bulk.

1) I am sure that Barak has a say in what is in his speeches.
2) Every president has a speech writer. Every president and politician uses a teleprompter
3) it has no basis on their abilities. Bush had a teleprompter and he still fumbled around to articulate basic words.
98% of people here would be hard put to be as professional as a speaker.

But then you probably watch sports and yell at the players all day on how terrible they are and what they are doing wrong from your couch.

If it was so easy, then why aren't YOU up there?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Where is the boohooing?

I see people stating their opinions, just like you did.

Oh and the trite football comment... actually I DO watch football and yell.. but I yell at the cameramen when they don't go to the angle I instruct them too. Nice try though.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have to admit I was quite surprised by his speech. He didn't pull back at all, and it's refreshing to see an American president able to state clearly and honestly what the problems are, unlike Bush who would have just repeated "9/11", "Terrorists" and "democracy" over and over like all his other speeches since 9/11.

It's clear Obama recognizes the financial crisis for what it is. No American can now say their leaders didn't tell them the truth, he just has. He's made it clear in no uncertain terms that this is a dangerous situation.

I am certain McCain would have done more of the same Bush talk, terrorism, protection of the people, fear of the "other"...

I'm hopeful that Obama will live up to his talk. It seems his priorities are restoring the constitution and fortifying the financial system. But it seems he also wants to make sure government is open, transparent and answerable to the people.

It'll be interesting to see how he does these things over the next four years, if indeed he does.

And I loved the digs at Bush

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The Balance Between Liberty And Security Are Wrong.....

Where does this come from? I didnt see it in the transcript.

What does it mean? What is the context?

The line with no context makes me more than a little paranoid.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Come back in 1 year and tell us that,who gives a flying sausage what he says,its what he does,and what he will do is the exact same plan thats been set in stone already..except he will be more coherent than bush.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

If it werent for the height difference Id swear Obama is just Bush in blackface.

Four more of the last eight. Woo-hoo!

Who will we bailout next? What nation is a "threat" now? Which freedoms are unnecessary this time?

Yay Obama!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
If it was so easy, then why aren't YOU up there?

Two reasons, actually...

1. I'm 32, and as such not old enough to be president.

2. I know I'd never get to be president regardless because I refuse to become a ball washer for the men behind the curtains who actually run this country. Apparently some men in this country, including a certain individual with a powerful oratory and very little else, don't share my conviction over this issue.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I do not love obama, and he can only work with what he's been given, so im not saying hes going to save the world.

What do you people want? You have just welcomed in a new president, and you are slating him and putting him down already. I bet you guys all call yourself patriots, but the truth is how i hear you people talk you sound like you hate you're country.

If you are all so 'PATRIOTIC', and don't think that Obama will achieve anything in the next 8years, get off this website and go do a better job yourself. The problem with the world today is not just corrupt governments, it's the people.

People are so selfish and greedy, all have an opinion and call others names like 'sheep' who don't necessary agree with them. We will never all be truly happy no matter who's in charge, unless people like you re-asess your attitude.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
first off.. your not American. Don't pretend to understand the American mindset... that is hard for us to even do, and we live here.

Second... not everyone in this nation backed Obama. This has been the case with every president.

Save your praises till the time he actually does something... not for when he is just smiling for the cameras.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
So i guess from some peoples' comments Obama stated that federal regulations of banking institutions forcing them to loan money to people that were not capable of paying such loans happened in the speech today? He and his friends in the Senate and HOuse owned up to their mistakes and failures or did he just blame "the people" and greedy "businessmen"?

All I have heard over and over are people shifting the blame and using the crisis as opportunity to force people to go along with more government regulations, the kind that will also bring up new problems that will continue to be solved with the only solution that politicians know "regulation".

They are freedom averse, but even a five year old can tell you this about politicians and school teachers, why do adults continue to ignore their better instincts and elect moral busybody do gooders that created things like income tax and prohibition, because the same school that gets funds from taxes taught them these myths of government morality. Children know the meaning of a thief, and here we try to convince them that thieves are not thieves, that probably has more to do with causing crime than any program established on the basis of theft to stop only the theft deemed immoral and forget the theft being done to prevent the other theft. Why can't anyone see theft whether for noble or immoral purpose as the underpinning aspect of the problem? So what will Mr.Obama Hood provide for you and at who's expense will this provision be supplied? Just because it has always been done makes no excuse, there are no scientific "truths" that could ever justify stealing from people and then telling them to be more sacrifcing of there selfs, what else would you Like Obama Hood? Maybe the shirt on our backs, doesn't being president satisfy you enough? Or do you insist on taking our lives since the money can only provide so much tribute? Since the money doesn't exist then of course our bodies are next in line, like the Kings and Popes of old europe, and of course the children at Waco 1993 are we just serfs to be disposed of like yesterdays trash? Makes no real honest sense to teach children to steal and kill and then throw them in jail when they follow your actions and behavior, seems more insane to punish someone for committing crimes that politicians commit as well. We have thousands of nukes, no one can threaten us, so our killing turns to slaughtering hundreds of thousands for the deaths of a couple thousand on 911? That would be our government's example? So, really who are the Obamabots most afraid of? Ordinary gun defending freedom lovers. Homeschoolers? Seems anyone not in the crosshairs of institutionalization, does it not? No thanks, you can't own me nor my children and Molon Labe to you!

On a milder note, I do hope he proves me wrong about his government, but we will pay attention and already the gun grabbers are tooling things up in the House for more gun registration, sounds like a freedom or two are being trashed already as he maybe sworn into office, so hence the reason one could already have doubts, since his friends in the legislature have a variety of snake like proposals.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by bubbabuddha]

[edit on 20-1-2009 by bubbabuddha]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I was not pretending to being American and I hope i did not offend anyone. It seems he is already ruffling feathers, cutting over-payed salaries and requesting records. Hope he keeps it up.

To reply to another poster,
As to the title of the thread, i was certain I heard it in the speech when watching it live, I have not checked the transcript so maybe I misheard and constructed it myself. I will check.

new topics

top topics

join