It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Oath - Fumble on words Conspiracy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahganesh

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Of course im sure he was worried about 1+ million pointing cameras at him. I was definetly worried for the guy. An attack on that day would be disasterous for the Nation and World. If I were him I would be thinking "This is it.... This is where I either take Oath for the greatest country in the World or it all ends." Why do you think they had more security there than any event ever. Alot of high profile politicians in one spot. I read somewhere that the Oath is just a formal and he is President at Noon on the 20th with or without.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think what you have here is Obama using his expertise in the art of neuro linguistic programming(NLP). Programming the masses.... his pause was used to send a message, his nod was get the speaker to recite what had been previously planted...

Check out some of the videos available on Obamas use of NLP and how he used it to have a woman faint during each one of his speeches during the campaign. Great for the sympathy vote... He waves his hand and everyone forgets what he said...

Here's a link that goes step by step through his speeches and describes how it is used to control your thinking and how you act... like being told you will vote for him and doing it...

Rgds

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If they had had the oath on the autocue he would have nailed it, alas the poor lad has problems when it's switched off.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What are yall talkin about??? He paused because Gates messed up the words and he didnt want anyone saying he wasnt president because Gates didnt say it right. My faux conspiracy alarm was going off like hell at that moment though.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It occurred to me that legally Obama may not have really taken the oath of office. That, combined with the questions of his citizenship status might be cause for concern.

But then I realized that it’s been decades since a POTUS has taken the oath of office seriously anyway, so what’s the difference? It’s just a gd piece of paper after all.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Gates was at a secret location (continuity of govt). It was the Chief Justice of The Supreme Court that administered the oath of office to him. He was nervous....the one phrase was long and he waited for it to be repeated and shortened and then he was expecting the word "President" not "Presidency" and that threw him off. Despite his grandiose oratory skills he is still human and this is not something that he has done before (in fact, it was historical)...whereas he has probably given 1000 speeches.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarahganesh
After Chief Justice says "that I will execute the Office of President of the United States faithfully" Obama repeats "that I will execute." and nods to Roberts to continue. The silence lasts like 2 seconds and its chilling. Obama then has to be prompted to finish the statement "the Office of President of the United States faithfully".

Was he nervous or was he told to say it? A well known rule of the secret elite/Illuminati who run the show is that they have to reveal to the public their future plans. They have done it in the past. Obama said "that I will execute" and paused. Dont you find that a little weird that he would stop on that word?

Was it just coincidence? Was it synchronicity? Was it on purpose? Was it a freudian slip?

Lets hope that it was just a mistake because he was nervous but I got a bad feeling. Remember this post. And if something bad happens under his command you will see that he told you before he did it. Perhaps I have just lost faith in all politicians because of all the internet conspiracy theory videos and articles I have looked at in the past few years.

Take care

Ok, since you obviously refuse to read all other posts regarding this topic, I'll spell it out for you:

1) Pres. Obama knew the oath by heart;

2) Chief Justice Roberts screwed up by putting 'faithfully' in the wrong place in the sentence (confusion because Pres. Obama knew the oath by heart, not expecting to find 'faithfully in the end of the sentence rather than in the beginning);

3) This caused minor confusion, Pres. Obama gave Roberts the opportunity to correct himself before proceeding (probably afraid that the anti-Obama crowd would otherwise use the fact that he did not say the words in the proper order as ammunition against him - BTW here we are, having a discussion about this trivial fact).

Honestly, I find it ridiculous and appalling that after eight years of George W. - if a coherent sentence needed to hide, my mouth would be the safest place - Bush, the pro-Bush crowd insists on fighting this battle where they cannot possibly win: that of rhetoric.

Have a nice day!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I seen it as nothing more then nerves taking over for a bit. ny of us would be nervous and excited in his place. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This thread cracks me up-- the side that wants to blame Obama......and the side that wants to defend him with any excuse but what actually happened.

It's like the posts where the facts happen to be found are on global ignore or something.

Too funny.

Really.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by loam]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am so happy it happened, not because I wanted him to make a mistake but it was such a human moment to make a mistake. It shows that he is not perfect and capable of making a mistake and being human. So many people think of him as being a messiah figure. There is such high expectations of him from people that I think that alot of people will be disappointed. He has a big job ahead of him.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve_montana
2) Chief Justice Roberts screwed up by putting 'faithfully' in the wrong place in the sentence (confusion because Pres. Obama knew the oath by heart, not expecting to find 'faithfully in the end of the sentence rather than in the beginning);

3) This caused minor confusion, Pres. Obama gave Roberts the opportunity to correct himself before proceeding (probably afraid that the anti-Obama crowd would otherwise use the fact that he did not say the words in the proper order as ammunition against him - BTW here we are, having a discussion about this trivial fact).

Exactly. Roberts screwed up and Obama's subsequent pause wasn't some nefarious Illuminati NLP mind control trick, but rather him giving Roberts the opportunity to correct himself. I would've done the same thing, not wanting such important words to be delivered incorrectly.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Obama retakes oath of office after flub
President stumbled when Chief Justice John Roberts blundered on oathBREAKING NEWS
msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 7:50 p.m. ET Jan. 21, 2009

WASHINGTON - Chief Justice John Roberts administered the presidential oath of office to Barack Obama for a second time Wednesday just to be on the safe side.

The unusual step came after Roberts flubbed the 35-word constitutionally prescribed oath a bit on Tuesday, causing Obama to repeat the wording differently than as prescribed in the Constitution. So this is for anyone that is actually worried about this.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I would have been so nervous that I know I'd have f****d up the oath of office myself, so I don't consider Gates and Obama's 'fumble' as a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Obama is officially the president, obviously someone here doesnt know the 20th amendment to the constitution, The president elect is considered president by law at 12oclock eastern time regardless if he took the oath or not, even though he didnt take the oath until 12:04 he was president at 12:00

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i know, wouldnt it be horrible if obama in reality spoke out a script he was to speak by the puppet masters/ illuminati. that would completely beyond the scope of all reason. i mean after all obama is a light worker and saint. he never lied once yet and we need change. change from 8 years of hell. he will save the economy because he is in control. no one has more power than him. he is not manipulated by any illuminati. after all the illuminati are just a fairy tale made up by nuts.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It shows that he is not perfect and capable of making a mistake and being human. So many people think of him as being a messiah figure.

It seems that most people now know he is human and not the messiah and with these little indications to the masses he will now proceed to his dirty work. Just like bush showed you he was human, obama will now show you what he can do, like bush, as a human... Get ready people...

You've been warned about what's to come....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
video of obama's recorded lies

your thoughts?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by sarahganesh]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Star and Flag for you OP, as the President agrees that it wasn't appropriate to leave it as is.

Re-Swearing In

Don't ya just love it when stuff takes care of itself...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join