It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Oath - Fumble on words Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Could this be a simple mistake or could this be part of a huge conspiracy to defame Obamas presidential inauguration speech.?
Anyone have any Ideas ?

edit because of my ignorance.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican Could this be a simple mistake or could Robert Gates be part of a huge conspiracy to defame Obamas presidential inauguration speech.?

My guess is that it was the magnitude of the moment helped him to fumble. No biggie.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

It was not gates that messed it up .. It was Obama.. Just goes to show the lack of experience.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I can only imagine the nervousness of the moment. I fumbled my wedding vows. I can't imagine what 1 million people and becoming a world leader would do.

I thought the lines were a little long to remember myself.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
lol it was a mistake; I'd have screwed it up too, meh - you guys make way too much out of nothing.

link   
You could tell that Obama was really nervous when he got up to take the oath.
Maybe a good reminder to us all that he is indeed like the rest of us,and not some superhuman.

Good speech though!

link   
you know they made such a big deal about him using the Lincoln bible and I couldn't even see a bible being held by anyone. The few I saw previously the incomer had his hand on the bible for everyone to see. Mabe it was just the channel i was watching.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Could this be a simple mistake or could Robert Gates be part of a huge conspiracy to defame Obamas presidential inauguration speech.?
Anyone have any Ideas ?

Yea, this conspiracy must be at the highest levels of an international elite headed up by the KKK.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It is interesting how it was the swearing to god moment etc.

Damn, this "guy" continues to do nothing to calm my nerves with his subtle signs.

But on the flipside they are big vows so should be nothing.

With the conspiracy part, I think that is looking into it far too much but well spotted nevertheless.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm no American but even I can recite the oath, I've seen it often enough in these ceremonies ... both Gates & Obama had their little faux pas. No great shakes, but heavens to betsy of all the time for it to happen.

Still waiting for someone to post that because of this snafu Obama isn't technically President ... no doubt they'll be along shortly

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Gates screwed it up and put 'faithfully' in the wrong place, also I think Obama was nervious and Gates was nervious... it's understandable, the whole thing was hyped so much everyone seemed a bit nervious.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

He had the world watching him....in a place crouded with so many people it was a terrorists paradise, and the lines were rather long. Oh, and he just became the president of the world....err, America.

So, I think we can forgive him for making a mistake here and there, at least he realised, stopped, waited for the line to be repeated and then started again so as to get the line right.

And, it wasn't really his mistake anyway... though he did have some minor stumbles at other points.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by StevenDye]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think it was absolute pressure of the moment standing in front of 1 million+ people and international TV coverage.

If you look at his memorized speech, I think it would have been in his own interest to have memorized the oath beforehand. In my books he is excused and I do not think there is anything sinister on the judge's side.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
True but he did not repeat the whole line again.

I am not religious but it I think it is important to take certain statements and apply them to see if there is a truth in the matter at hand.

He went that whole speech etc fine not one slip of the tongue.

He did no bushism type word fumble.

Nothing.

Except he seperated the most important sentence of the whole damn thing?

Just one strange coincidence of many before the big day.

I just love the way the world works, theres always something going on lol

I do think im looking into it too much myself but it was noticeable is all.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Just to point out.. it was Chief Justice Roberts who adminstered the Oath, not Robert Gates.

My comment when he made the mistake..was. "Well at least we know he is human".
Seriously, this is no big deal.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Source

FYI: Gates or Roberts, whoever it was, screwed up...

Obama started saying the first line to early but the "faithfully" mess up was Gates or Roberts...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

He made quite a few fumbles within his speeches.

The only I remember was about 'these problems will be mal....met.'

Something where he started to say make or made instead of met, but there were others. All single words...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think he was nervous.
It's his first day. Give him a little room to breath.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Who knows, maybe their security breifing this morning made them nervous? Tightest security ever, blackest president ever, it's a little nerve racking.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Your right, ive watched a little of it again.

Im not going to argue with everyone about something Im not sure of myself as that is just stupid.

I find it interesting though that he slipped that line up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join