It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought bush was going to declare martial law?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hello my fellow ATSers, I just wanted to post this thread because I have read on here for the past two years that President Bush would not leave office and that he would declare martial law and that would mark the begining of the NWO. In fact I remember back when Bill Clinton was in office people even said that he would not leave office, and that he would declare martial law, well he didn't. Bush didn't, now people are starting to say that Obama will declare martial law..Im just getting kind of tired of this. People swore that Bush would stage an event and declare martial law, and now that he didn't we will start seeing threads about Obama and martial law. I saw threads where people would say prepare now! Martial law is coming now! Bush wont leave office! Well he left, give it a few weeks well see threads looking like this. Obama to declare martial law! Prepare now, He dosent plan to ever leave office. Im sorry im just ranting at this this point , But I just wanted to point out that a lot of people were wrong and scared a lot of people into preparing.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Actually I think Bush declared marshal law for the inauguration today.

I hear what your saying though.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

I have to agree. Actually, I felt that there was something that would possibly happen. I figured that there was a very real chance he would have declared martial law but that would only have taken place if America had sustained another attack on our soil.

I'm surprised nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I do agree that people love to fear monger. Both (or better yet, ALL) sides like to do it. When the Reps are in the Dems scare the hell out of everyone. When the Dems are in the Reps scare the hell out of everyone.

That should be the key point. THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME DAMN MONSTER!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
im just hoping that nothing happens like they say its going to in the next three days. im only watching the inaguration to see if he gets shot.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Bush laid the groundwork. Common sense says that if you want people to accept it, there has to be some time in between the groundwork and the actual event. My guess: Obama's assasination will cause martial law.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I admit it; I thought the neo-cons would do anything in their power to keep power and the PNAC alive. I was wrong. I'm happy that I was wrong.

or am I???

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Or maybe 99.9% of the conspiracy theories and predictions on this site never come into fruition and you shouldn't waste your time worrying about them.

Or should you?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I for one think Martial Law could certainly be
a reality. I'm not sure where it was noted that
Bush would indeed implement Martial Law. I
believe that some may have speculated that Bush
would do it. However, FEMA still has the power
to put in some executive orders that are quite
powerful in the wake of Martial Law being declared.

No one can predict this stuff, you're right. Not even
John Titor. hahahaha.

However, the idea of Martial Law lies is in every
executive order that FEMA can put into order in
an emergency.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Actually that is a good call Mr Cautious, I've been looking for key dates this year, past the 09/09/2009 thing that might be significant this year for such an event - yes I think it will be this year.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
And a lot of people will be wrong about Obama as well. All powers have been transferred and Obama is the new owner. Let the rumors and predictions begin just as they did for Bush when he took over. Will Obama weathered the storm of criticism or will he send his A-Team after the criticizers? only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
add it to the list

3rd term

so many clowns

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I like the idea of being prepared and having supplies stored in my house, But im honestly just growing tired of living every day thinking the world is gonna end, I have spent countless dollars over the past few years on survival items, tactical items and so on. I wont get rid of anything, I still have my B.O.B. ready, but I think im gonna tone it down a little bit, I will still keep an open mind and look into the grey area, But im at a point now where I have more survival and tactical stuff than most normal people so if something were to happen Im better prepared than most, I need to concentrate on day to day survival and not so much on things that may or may not happen. Where I stand now is, if TSHTF then im ready and more prepared then most people, but im not gonna spend every day worrying about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by borachon
Or maybe 99.9% of the conspiracy theories and predictions on this site never come into fruition and you shouldn't waste your time worrying about them.

Or should you?

Id say more along the line of 99.8%. The Greys are still washing their flippers of the Bush fiasco of 2001.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
maybe because everyone was saying that he wants to do all these evil things he has had to hold back and hasn't been able to do everything he wanted.

Bush still made loads of terrible, terrible choices and has in many respects helped ruin the economy of not just the US but also the world. Global terrorism is at an all time high, most of the world is on the brink of war, most people are angry at the government or society and it looks like things are getting worse.

maybe obama can sort out some of the problem, maybe he'll make them worse - i just think it's good that he isn't bush, or his mini-me Mcsame, or for that matter that dreadful power hungry old crone hillary. I don't know how good he's going to be but he's our last best hope.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
maybe because everyone was saying that he wants to do all these evil things he has had to hold back and hasn't been able to do everything he wanted.

Bush still made loads of terrible, terrible choices and has in many respects helped ruin the economy of not just the US but also the world. Global terrorism is at an all time high, most of the world is on the brink of war, most people are angry at the government or society and it looks like things are getting worse.

maybe obama can sort out some of the problem, maybe he'll make them worse - i just think it's good that he isn't bush, or his mini-me Mcsame, or for that matter that dreadful power hungry old crone hillary. I don't know how good he's going to be but he's our last best hope.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I’m man enough (well woman) enough to admit I was wrong.
*Takes a bow*
Oops, I mean a *Curtsy*

Bush is gone - and no marshal law.

You're right, you won, you were most correct!

But ya know what.
I still win.
Because Bush is GONE!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

I truly hope the people making these predictions didn't quit their day job! Bush was not able to wield the power he had without a little help from Congress either....A fact that several of the "Bush Haters" out there refuse to mention. We did witness a total failure in the system of checks and balances and a whole lot of finger pointing.....But these are the elected offices we put into office.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
my opinion is that some sort of event will happen now that Obama is in office

just like with 9/11

whether Obama gets assassinated or some big "international crisis" occurs

Obama is always hinting at globalization.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I dont understand how a system of government such as the one we have where the political elite stay at the top and keep the rest of us at the bottom would want to break the trends that keep them in their finest. An act of subjugation like the ones everyone seems to be expecting would only disrupt their system of the government being paid to control our lives.

People keep whining and waiting for the system to become as horrible as it can be so they can finally say, "They've taken everything, so now we must act."

If its change that you people want, dont wait until the very end to start changing things yourself.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Recession is the birth pangs of a new global order, says Brown

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join