It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings and paranormal activity.. please share your experiences here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ok. Here's a story that my dad told me that got me interested in UFOs. Now, this is 100% true. However, I don't know what controls, creates, or who flies these crafts, nor do I know what their intended purposes are (alien observation, or high tech military testing) but I do believe they exist. My father once said when he was between the ages of 10 and 14. ( this would of been from 1965-1969...he was in the Florida Keys at the time, when him and a couple friends were walking at night, mind you- these were down to earth kids who knew nothing of UFOs at the time. Never drank or did drugs, or bullted; knowing him today as I do, there'd be no way he'd try to fabricate a story like this. He simply doesn't have the resourcefulness or brainpower to do so, lol..nor a motive since he hasn't brought it up in many years. Anyway, he described it to me as a shiny metal round object you'd normally associate with UFOs, and it having multi-colored lights flashing, then hovered in the air and moved directly down to him in close range, then back up again in one silent motion. He said him and his friends were so scared they all ran home. Now, to me this is of course skeptical - even I would be... but the way he told it and how he never talks about mystery's and stuff.. I believe him.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Many energy suckers do very much thrive off of fear. Fear and innocence. I do not have children, and am not assuming knowledge of how to parent, but ensure them that they should not fear. We are sovereign beings who should not fear anything in existence because each one of us is capable of intense beauty or unrepentant ugliness. We each hold more "power" than we give ourselves credit for.

Now to address the topic:

I am beginning to believe that ufos and paranormal activity are one in the same. In fact, after reading several posts tonight, it occurred to me that it's very likely that everything we consider supernatural or paranormal is actually technological. In which case ufos = paranormal activity.

It is possible that I have had a visitation, but not in the classical sense. I have see and continue to see unidentified objects in the sky, but just because I can't identify them doesn't mean someone else can't. However my paranormal experiences are far more rich.

Ok, here goes. When I was about 5 years old, we lived in the country, rural Louisiana. We had two goats that had their own shed on the side of the house. One day, like kids do, I was playing in the dirt and decided to crawl up under the shed. It was raised about two feet off the ground. It is quite possible that I saw something beforehand, because when I got under there, I found a patch of quartz crystal growing. Of course at that age, I thought it was diamonds. However, we had a Hammond's Nature Atlas, and when I presented the find to my mom, she looked it up for me in the book and showed me. I still have the battered atlas, and I still have one piece (of about 4 or 5) of the quartz.

Around the same time, one night before bed, I was visited by a being that appeared to me as an older child, maybe 8 or 10. The child told me some story that I cannot recall, but it seemed that it had something to do with my finding the quartz. The only definite thing I can remember from this conversation was that the kid told me there were bad people out there, but there were also good ones that would watch out for us. Then I was asleep.

I have had experiences over the years, but I thought I would begin with this as it seemed very significant for that to occur at that age, and the similarities with your own children's experiences. I did not have any fear, although I do remember thinking it odd that there was another individual that just appeared in my room. One other thing I recall from that event was a very weird shadow on the wall which in retrospect seemed insectoid or alien.

I have had a geologist from Missouri tell me, after looking at the quartz, that it was impossible for it to have grown in Louisiana because it is only found in two places in the world, Arkansas and India. I always thought that was an absurd statement, but I'm not the expert. Maybe this type of experience is what you are looking for.

peace

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woodtiger

that is exactly what I am talking about thank you so much. I had a very similar visit when I was young as well.
I have tried very hard to convince them not to fear these things but they still do. I am trying to get them to do what i did which was to use white noise to avoid hearing anything that they might try to do to get attention. You know thinking back this may also be why violent thunderstorms are so calming to me because it makes so much noise.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

i sure do not connect the few UFOs i've seen with paranormal events...

the UFO sightings were outside,
1) the Brown Mountain Lights in daylight,
2) a bright point of light at a very high altitude (which may have been the reflection of a weather baloon) in broad daylight,
3)a craft with the distinctive profile of the discontinued AMC hatch-back car, 'Gremlin'
en.wikipedia.org...
after the daily 2PM, Orlando Florida, rainshower...
4) a 12' equidistant triangle formation at 11PM, 3 Dec 1996 at Zip 85013

5) an internally lit glass globe with the volume of a football field,
in a vision during a lucid dream

but the term paranormal has no significance because i have always had
discarnate friends, voices in touch and dialogue with me all my life.

a 1st recollection instance was when i was 4 years old up in Michigan, during a thunderstorm i went into a west facing window in a bedroom at the prompting of one of the voices from my 'imaginary' friends...
in moments, a bolt of lightning struck a tree stump not but a stones throw
(maybe 40ft away) with the immediate clap of thunder & the blue-&-white/yellow flash, the house shook, Mother came running in and was
taken aback that i sat calmly staring out the window at the puffs of smoke from that tree stump... i knew, or was told that the lightning would strike and was told to witness all the actions & events about the strike.

i am to later discover that Owl, Turtle, CaveBear were all my spirit helpers
and i've always had Praying Mantis as an Ace-in-the-hole.
(Preying Mantis might just be the animal-insect Archtype of the now popular ET we call 'Greys')
see:
www.animalspirits.com...

don't know if this fits your criteria, but there it is, Thanks

s/Victoras StUdio

[edit on 24-1-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The white noise trick is interesting. I have never felt the need to block things out using methods like that, if it is something that is challenging, I simply challenge it back. Even from my youth I welcomed things that fell outside of perceived reality, and I believe that I understood it better then than I do now. or at least now I am re-learning i guess.

Now, I have experienced moments of "fear of evil", but it was in the context of religion. I no longer limit myself to religious constraints, and no longer have a "fear of evil". best wishes

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by woodtiger

Ya well this started when I was about 4 years old.. I was not so brave at that age.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
and that is past. you are brave now, otherwise you wouldn't be bringing this to people's attention.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Your story reminded me of this bit about Jung....

"Carl Jung was a man caught between the rational and the mystical. For this reason, he is not given the important place in the history of knowledge he deserves.
Sometimes his own behaviour could be responsible. For instance, after his wife died in 1955, he began building a stone castle, complete with mystical symbols, and saw it as an expression of the symbolic role of his life.
This greatest thinker in the history of the paranormal died on 6 June 1961, three days after a dream in which he symbolically saw his death as a ‘completion’, symbolized by tree roots interlaced with gold. According to the myth, at the moment he died, a storm broke out and lightning struck his favourite tree."

www.thothweb.com...

reply to post by St Udio

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
But, could you possibly be inferring your own "visions/beliefs" on your kids? So much that they want to see what it is you are into.. just to be close to their mother? Stranger things have happened.

... ... ...

I am the person that needs to experience it myself... not from a 3rd party.

I think we're all a little bit like that, especially in this day and age where people can be so easily fooled by fakes.

In fact I wouldn't doubt if we do start seeing more real alien activity just because there are so many fakes out there.

I believe the key is preparation and acceptance of their existence.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
P.S. this is also why there are so many fear tactics out there about aliens, to prevent people from welcoming them.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was in my room walking past my doorway when I saw an apparition of a man walk by the computer, it scared me so bad. When I was young and living in my house, when I was about 4-5 years old, I was playing with a teddy bear and my mother called me into the kitchen. I put down the teddy bear and went in the kitchen for about 10-15 minutes. When I came back the bear was gone. At the time me and my mother where the only ones in the house. I looked everywhere but couldnt find it. 5 years and 7 months later I find him in an old breifcase in my basement. My next one was the scariest of mine, I was going upstairs to get a belt and I looked around my attic and looked into the old TV. It was turned off so the screen was black and it was like a mirror. So I looked into it and saw a man looking curiously at the tv while he was sitting on the bed. I was scared stiff. I looked at the bed. He was not there. I looked at the tv, He was there. Finnaly, I was walking down my stairs and saw an orb of light fly up the stairs and disappear. There have been a few more paranormal expeiriences in my house but I do not think ill have enough characters left to share them all. Anyways I only shared the most interesting ones.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've had my share of strange happenings, the ones that stick with me the most I told here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Aside from that I believe I've not only seen, but put my hand through a ghost. Since this thread seems to pertain more to the alien element, I'll skip that one though. The "being" I mentioned in the linked story may or may not have been alien and may or may not have actually been there. I believe it was but I have no proof or evidence. I do refuse to believe that the whispering was merely coincidental. I again have no evidence, but I'm comfortable with my own belief that it indeed happened.

I've also had several dreams involving gray-type aliens. The last of which that I can recall involved me swearing and screaming at one of them profusely to effectively leave me the 'f' alone. I haven't dreamt of them since. Until then (in these dreams) I had been abducted a few times. In most of them I struggled and tried to break free from them and they subdued me with a prod that shocked me in my side - somewhere around where my bottom ribs are. It was an extreme tingling that bordered on pain. I've had other people share similar experiences so I do wonder what that's about.

At this point in my life I think my curiosity has overpowered my fear and I almost wish something would whisper my name again, just so I could investigate it rather than hide.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by an0maly33]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

This thread is meant to address both elements, paranormal and ufo. Please do not leave out the paranormal. I would like to know what the time window was between the different experiences you had.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join