It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Technology Allows Others to Read Your Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

barnabus1.tblog.com...
"The U.S. Army recently awarded a five-year, $4-million contract to a coalition of scientists from the University of California at Irvine, Carnegie Mellon University, and the University of Maryland to develop “thought helmets.”

The helmets would ultimately be used to capture soldiers’ brainwaves and then translate them into radio waves that could be heard by other troops. The idea is to have a silent form of communication that could be used among soldiers on the battlefield, and TIME magazine reported that the Army hopes the project will "lead to direct mental control of military systems by thought alone."

Delving even deeper into the fairly new world of neuroscience reveals a far more disturbing new trend: neuromarketing."

Marketing agencies have already sprung up all over the world that offer corporations something that was unheard of just a few decades ago: a glimpse into consumers’ minds. Using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and other techniques marketers are trying to figure out why consumers choose to buy certain products, and what area of the brain is involved when they do. I guess time will tell with this tech....

So it is on contoversial *snip* like this, taxpayers money is officially wasted - Just imagine how much unnoficial black project wasted funds have been used on more contoversial projects!!

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Jan 20 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Typical...

new amazing tehnology and they are going to use it to kill others

bravo America

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good thing they won't be reading mine, they'd hit the bleep button every few seconds and feel "violated"......LOL!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Okay, and now here to all of the 'skeptics' of the supernatural.

If man can create a technology that can read minds using electricity and such, then why can't certain people who are more in tune to things like that read minds? Why wouldn't a psychic be, well, psychic?

Just wanted to throw that out there because if this does come to pass I must fully side with the supernatural. No more skepticism from me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
LOL Yea I saw this on T.V...

Imagine while their on a mission in total silence their cracking jokes before they break in the door of a terrorist laughing silently in each others head, but on their faces there is a serious expression? "Bwahahahaahah Roger that!"

[edit on 20-1-2009 by king Pop!p]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder about hackers like the Chinese with something like this. As far as controlling equipment, I'm thinking about those shoulder weapons the Predator used. If a soldier can't use his arms, than he could use his mind. These devices may also protect them from others around them who are being manipulated with other signals and microwaves etc.

Reminds me of the thought screen hats for abductees. I wonder who they're really using this technology to fight.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
brave new world. isnt the military supposed to be at least 100 years more advanced than the public sector, u would think they had this stuff in the 80's

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I doubt it will work.

And if it did you probably wouldn't be able to just talk to eachother.

You would hear/see a whole load of random crap and probably die of an overload **sarcasm**.

But seriosuly think of how many thought process happen each second within our brain. It would just confuse everyone.

Maybe you could pick out certain intense emotions so i suppose it would be good for use in court cases etc....?

But even if they do have the power to do this i don't think it should be done, reading the thoughts of someone else just shouldnt happen...

Although a toatlly different thing, we have the power to clone humans, but we just dont.

The reason this shouldn't be done is just "because" imho

new topics

top topics

join