It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, Is Obama the best we can do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
No, this is not a bash Obama thread, and it is not a bash Bush thread. I am just wondering, are these the best minds this country has to offer for leadership of this country in the past 8 years? Seriously – let’s look at the choices we have had over the past 20 years.

George Bush Sr. – He was elected on Reagan’s coattails, openly pushed a NWO agenda and failed to get reelected.

Bill Clinton – A lying womanizer with a dark scandalous past and known for shady dealings on the state level.

Al Gore – The inventor of the internet and father of the global warming panic.

John McCain – A left leaning Republican who is usually not in agreement with his own party.

John Kerry – A fabricated war hero and flip flopping liar whose ideals change like the wind.

George W. Bush – The wanna-be down home country boy with a DUI on his record.

John Edwards – An ambulance chaser who claimed voting democrat would help Christopher Reeves walk again.

Barack Obama – A come from nowhere senator who has put more effort into covering up his birth certificate than Jimmy Carter did in his whole presidency.

My point being – where are the shining examples in this country? This country has always been on the cutting edge of technology, science, literature and art. Why are none of these great minds stepping up to be leaders? Why do we continually look to career politicians to solve our woes, then not understand when we get more of the same old same old. Granted, Obama is a new face, yet cut of the same cloth.

What will it take to get REAL change? Somebody with a new approach. Someone who can fix a problem by doing more than throwing money at it? Someone who will stand up and do what is best for the American people and not the special interests that got them elected?

I find it hard to believe that this is the man we can find for the job!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is a hard thing to discuss.
I mena the man hasnt served one day in office yet.
It would only be right to reserve judgement and ask this question further down the road.

Cause at this point,anybody about to take office,who hadnt done anything yet,would be subject to the same question.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Al Gore did not invent the internet! I demand that you correct that ASAP!

As for my view which will probably not weigh much since I´m not American...Obama is probably the most prominent president of the USA since Kennedy. However, he is getting the keys of a collapsing house and has an impossible task ahead of him.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Its funny to me that everyone keeps saying .. "He hasnt served a day in ofice yet .."

But to me, his past friends, scandals, lack of experience, and loud mouth of a wife ... That is enough to tell me the next 4 years are gonna be hell.

The only thing a "good speaker" can do for you is manipulate you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It is not so much Obama as it is all the recycled garbage that he has attached himself to. People that have already had there say in government and still refuse to go away. Should be a law that if you already worked for an administration, you can't work for any other ones.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What do you mean we, don't you mean they.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by TH3ON3]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

No, please, I'm not passing judgement on Obama, I am optimistic of his administration, and have no ill will. As I said, this is not a bash Obama thread - I just don't think America is putting its best and brightest at the helm. It seems like all of our leaders come from the same pool or click, why? Why not look at the people in our country who have a proven success?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
Al Gore did not invent the internet! I demand that you correct that ASAP!

Ha ha! I meant that with the utmost sarcasm - but he did take credit for it! I am glad that the rest of the world likes Obama, I really hope to have everyone view us in a more positive way! The nightly news about America is not the everyday America run by everyday Americans!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
reply to post by Black_Fox

No, please, I'm not passing judgement on Obama, I am optimistic of his administration, and have no ill will. As I said, this is not a bash Obama thread - I just don't think America is putting its best and brightest at the helm. It seems like all of our leaders come from the same pool or click, why? Why not look at the people in our country who have a proven success?

I think the money in the electoral process and the visual and audio media skew the selection of elected officials towards the well spoken and photogenic. There are exceptions to this for sure but the process has been ingrained. One may hope that the economic collapse we are experiencing will result in less money in the electoral process and demand for more content in our candidates to be our public servants.

less than 1/2 an hour of Bush!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
America, Is Obama the best we can do?

NO. (heck, we don't even know if he's really eligible).
The BEST we can do is a third or fourth party.
That would break the stranglehold the two main parties have.

What will it take to get REAL change?

Third or fourth party. Otherwise - it's just more of the same,
no matter how the person in office claims they are 'change'.
They aren't.

EXCELLENT opening post. A star and a flag for you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
No, Obama is not the best we can do.

The BEST we can do is what we should do best. Work, pay taxes, get involved in our communities, state and federal governments, VOTE whenever possible, and most of all rise above partisan politics and propaganda.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Being a politician means that you have to be a liar. It also means that you have to be willing to have your background, your family, every move you make and every word you speak be subject to the most intense scrutiny. It means you need to be willing to compromise with the morally corrupt in order to achive anything.

The intelligent men and women who are excellent examples of leadership and achievement would not consider running for office. That's why we are left with the likes of Obama.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thing is, no, he is not the best possible choice. But he is the best choice out of those who are in a position to take the position. The greatest minds out there are smart enough to not put themselves in a position to be president.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He's the best possible choice for those who can only see black or white (no pun intended), Democrat or Republican. For those of us who are educated enough to realize that a third party candidate AND third party Senate electorates is the only true way to a REAL government, then NO Barack Obama is not the best choice at all.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

I beg to differ. This man with "no experience" ran a brilliant campaign that has not been seen in a long time. He won in a large contenders, where no one was slated to be perfect. He used resources and technology greatly to his advantage, that no else has done, especiallly to get to the little guy.
He met with with Supreme Court last week and floored them with his knowlege of the Constitution and intelligence. he has heavily scrutinized his potential members for his administration. I think his thouroughness and innovation have much to offer.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Being a politician means that you have to be a liar. It also means that you have to be willing to have your background, your family, every move you make and every word you speak be subject to the most intense scrutiny. It means you need to be willing to compromise with the morally corrupt in order to achive anything.

The intelligent men and women who are excellent examples of leadership and achievement would not consider running for office. That's why we are left with the likes of Obama.

I suppose this reasoning of yours would also apply to his predecessor(s)?

Your point being there is no possible way for your country to ever have a leadership that would be fitting (so long as it consists of politicians)? If that's the case, would you care to offer an alternative?

[edit on 20/1/09 by Durden]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

Well even with all that information and analysis that you have gathered or compiled in your speech you still fail to put the dots together and realizes that all those that you mention are the political figures chosen for us.

Now you understand how politics in America are played at the expenses of the American voter.

Ini, mini, mani, moe, they won!.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, it's too late to be asking the question now, but to answer it I would say, he's gonna have to do.

Oh my God, WHAT HAVE WE DONE?????

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I honestly did not vote for him. But, that being said, I am hoping and praying he can do what he said he can.
He said he will work with both parties to work towards the change he is trying for. (Many have said this and it was just lip service)
He said he will give tax cuts, yet our spending is through the roof.
He said he will work on 'universal healthcare'. From what I understand Canada's universal healthcare doesn't help for crap when you truly need it. (I am only repeating what horror stories I heard)
He said he will make new jobs, but a president can't make a job.

There are many things he promised that he can't, himself, deliver.

The problem with our system of government is the people. No one takes the time to understand how our system works. If they did they would realized his promises are empty. He needs congress' help to do most, if not all, of what he promised.
If you haven't noticed congress can't even get the bailouts right. They gave all that money so people didn't lose their homes and most of it went to line the banks pockets.
Congress are all about themselves. Yes we elected them but that comes back to the dumb people who don't know how are system really works.

It won't be til we wake up and understand how the government really works that we will find a government for the people, and of the people.

new topics

top topics

join