It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shriner claims to be Lucifer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The gnostic belief is that Yaltabaoth(Satan) was created in ignorance, and that he was cast aside by his creator (the true fathers counterpart created him) and felt ashamed and cast him aside.

He went on to create the place where we all are now, which is a shadow of the place where he comes from, but he has never known where he came from, so he created this place in ignorance. In a shadow.

Also though that Christ came to teach of the true father and that without Christ coming to tell us about the true father we would have gone ahead and worshiped the wrong person (Satan)Yaltabaoth in error, which is the creator of the flesh etc..

People never listen to what I write anyway so why bother.. go do your own damn homework,..

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

It's interesting that you say that. Lucifer as a life force sure changes the context of many pieces of literature. Is it proclaimed that there is only one life force or are their many? What is the nature of this life force?

In theosophy and occultism, "Lucifer" is normally a code word for the force that the Hindus call "kundalini". Theosophists call it "fohat" as well.

"Lucifer" represents the spiritualized kundalini, whereas "Satan" represents the force expressing itself materialistically. This is the occult interpretation of the story of Lucifer's "fall".

One could consider pain to be evil but if one were to unknowingly sit on a fire it would be pain that caused us to react before any further harm could be done. I wonder if this is similar to the Luciferian life force?

Exactly. Here is what an Adept had to say on the matter:

The true name of Satan, the Kabalists say, is that of Yahveh reversed; for Satan is not a black god, but the negation of God. The Devil is the personification of Atheism or Idolatry.

For the Initiates, this is not a Person, but a Force, created for good, but which may serve for evil. It is the instrument of Liberty or Free Will. They represent this Force, which presides over the physical generation, under the mythologic and horned form of the God PAN; thence came the he-goat of the Sabbat, brother of the Ancient Serpent, and the Light-bearer or Phosphor, of which the poets have made the false Lucifer of the legend.

-"Morals and Dogma" by Albert Pike, p. 102

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

You see, nowadays, if you want to be something, its not enough to worship Lucifer, you have to be Lucifer.

The next stage of enlightenment would be to have Lucifer worship us.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Great. Some zealot thinks an elderly man's dementia proves something.

I suppose, next, we’ll be subjected to the findings of his sweeping investigation of Masonic retirement homes and communities?

In all seriousness, this is just the sort of thing that makes it so difficult to take Christian Fundamentalists seriously.

To the dude who uploaded that video on YouTube: keep up the good work; if it hasn’t happened already, it’s only a matter of time before people of your ilk have damaged Christianity’s image beyond repair.

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Icarus_Fallen]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The guy filming is an idiot obviously. A true Christian would try to convince the man instead of ridiculing him and posting an embarrassing video on youtube. I bet that old guy has done more good in this world than this guy will ever even dream of doing.
I felt very sorry for the old guy. He is probably a war veteran that fought for the rights of the video guy to do what he does. If that was my Grand Pa I would look that guy up and have a nice little "chat" with him.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Yes, I believe the name Lucifer only appears once or twice and only in the King James translation. There is plenty of historical evidence that proves that Lucifer and Satan were not intended to mean the same thing, but strangely enough, that's how they've been portrayed.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is an excellent summary of how Lucifer got associated with Freemasonry and how it has been twisted over the years:

www.masonicinfo.com...

When I was a hard-core conspiracy theorist that dug for years trying to find the evil within I think I read ever page and link on masonicinfo.com trying to find out the dark secret.

After four years of trying to find the least bit of evil in the Masons, and having no luck I suddenly realized maybe they weren't so bad.

So then I confronted them, questioned them, looked all over the lodge with a suspicious and skeptical eye.

Then I joined. :-)

...and I found out they are all just nice guys who like to help people. Sure, that's trite, but it's true.

PS - Ironically 'Lucifer' does not appear anywhere in the original Hebrew texts of the books of the Bible. When King James ordered his translation to be created the scholars used the Catholic Vulgate Bible written by St. Jerome.

Unfortunately Jerome had mistranslated "Day star, son of the Dawn" in Hebrew to the Latin 'Lucifer'. Over the centuries writers and poets created a fantastical and fictional account of a devil named Lucifer who was cast out of Heaven.

The problem with the Lucifer fantasy is that many fundamentalists refuse to admit that Jesus referred to himself as the Light and the Bright and Morning Star:

So "Lucifer" is nothing more than an ancient Latin name for the morning star, the bringer of light. That can be confusing for Christians who identify Christ himself as the morning star, a term used as a central theme in many Christian sermons. Jesus refers to himself as the morning star in Revelation 22:16: "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

(from masonicinfo.com)

I may be wrong but I don't believe there is anything in the Bible that says Lucifer is Satan or vice-versa.

[edit on 1/21/09 by emsed1]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Theosophists call it "fohat" as well.

I think I understand. Without fohat we wouldn't have the ability to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. In order to gain the knowledge of good and evil we must be expelled from the sanctuary of the Garden of Eden in order to know free will.

It is no wonder Lucifer has been demonized. We must necessarily suffer throughout life. Without Lucifer as Fohat we would never have been able to incarnate and feel the pain of life. Although the lessons of a child are at times painful they result in growth and therefore aren't those lessons benevolent?

Furthermore as others have pointed out both Jesus and Lucifer are known as the morning star. If Lucifer fell to allow us to incarnate and Lucifer and Jesus are one in the same did Jesus die for our sins or did he die so we could sin?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Personally, I just think the old guy is in the first steps of alzheimer disease. He was confused, had no idea what that guy was asking.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

Actually accourding to the very man you qoute lucifer was the latin translation of jupiter wich rises just prior to the sun, ie the light bringer, and honestly how can you claim to be a shrines with that limited of knowlage of the degree needed to be a shriner first of all and second be advertising that your a mason and bauching the teachings and insight of the craft for others to see. If I was the worshipfull master of your lodge I would boot you out. Didnt you learn anything during your first three tests?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Its so hilarious, once you accuse the shrineheads of anything you're called a bad person for picking on "groups who contribute to children."

Hah! What a mouthful, unless shriners do actually donate their caps to schitzos.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I disagree with those who say he is senile. He looks and sounds quite aware to me.

I think he's just having some fun with the interviewer.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Wanna know what i learned through the first three degrees?

to hold onto that goats ears...i tell you what that thing is slippery but if you hold onto the ears there is a better chance of you being able not to fall of and embarrass yourself TOO much.

Trust me....i know

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Hah! What a mouthful, unless shriners do actually donate their caps to schitzos.

Wow, I'm impressed! That's the most insightful joke I've ever read!

Seriously.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Lucifer and Satan are different. Lucifer is an ancient Italian god who came far before the Christian Satan. when the Catholic church was trying to convert the Pagan peoples of Europe, they wanted to demonize their gods, so they called Satan Lucifer in some parts of the Bible.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maiaduir101
Lucifer and Satan are different. Lucifer is an ancient Italian god who came far before the Christian Satan. when the Catholic church was trying to convert the Pagan peoples of Europe, they wanted to demonize their gods, so they called Satan Lucifer in some parts of the Bible.
Not quite. Lucifer is just another name for Jesus Christ. It's a word only used once in the King James translation (and no where else) and it refers to the planet Venus, which they then called the "morning star" because it was visible in the heavens roughly three hours before dawn. (Lucifer translates from the latin as "Light-Bringer".) As the star in the sky was a portent of the new dawn, so too was Christ leading us to God, if you believe that particularly mythology.

The notion that Lucifer was Satan wasn't introduced until centuries later... by the vulgate, and popularized by other works of fiction like Dante's Inferno and Milton's Paradise Lost.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well I honestly think that the old man shows signs of alzheimer's disease. He was very rattled toward the end and most confused.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I disagree with those who say he is senile. He looks and sounds quite aware to me.

I think he's just having some fun with the interviewer.

Pretty much what I thought too. The old guy's got a good sense of humor and was just being provocative in return. But he could only take so much so he got a bit frustrated and walked away. I quite like the old fellow myself, based solely on that video.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

If you think about the story where Lucifer gets thrown out of heaven... It's just one guys opinion against a different opinion. And god just happened to win.

The story touted by religions for years is basically a 'hate anyone who doesnt have the same opinions/beliefs as you' rhetoric.

I have read the supposed "Lucifer's Bible" and all it is, is worship of yourself over everyone else.
Now doesnt that sound like alot of politicians and world leaders today?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Make no mistake, there is an evil entity that was cast out from Heaven. And whatever you choose to call it, he is after nothing more than to see your eternal soul confined to the same eternal death that it will eventually suffer.

Sure you can have some very good short span of life by serving yourself and acting like good works somehow save you. But because there is no remission of your death sentence except through belief and acceptance of the Creators Son Jesus Christ, your short paradise will be all you will have.

I have dealt with both sides of the powers that be, and I know that God->Jesus Christ IS THE ULTIMATE POWER.

So go on joining up to any organization that seems to offer enlightenment, but if they don't profess Jesus as Lord, rather looking to a fallen creature of enlightenment, they are a group doomed to eternal death.

As are the majority of souls currently walking this Earth. Be ready because the time for the days of soul testing are soon to be ended.

I hope you spare me the visit by the master mason as before, because I don't hate you or your group. I'm trying to re-enlighten those who have been blinded by the false enlightenment.

How To Be Saved

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TH3ON3]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join