It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shriner claims to be Lucifer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I have to say that the guy filming/interviewing sounds twice as crazy as the guy being interviewed.
It sounds like religious propaganda to me.....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
He appears to be confused. Should have left the poor man alone.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

I agree, and i am not one of them. when my daughter was but 5, she was horribly burned over 60% of her little body. In just a few days, the hospital bill was over $100,000. On the third day, a man approached me who identified himself as a Shriner. He offered me the services they provide, and my daughter was flown to the burn center in Cincinnati Ohio. The hospital bill was paid in full, and my daughter was fully recovered in two years time. My hat is off to the Shriners!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

First of all, that's the title of the YouTube video, second he is a shriner, the conversation is about shriner beliefs, and he's on his way into some sort of shriner meeting/convention by all appearances. Personally, the guy sounds like he's ready to snap, I think he's nuts.

Peace

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Dr Love]

I can't disagree there. I have dealt with a LOT of mentally ill patients in my life and he does seem to have some telltale signs that he may not be completely rational.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think you are feeling the same frustration with me that I feel with anti-masons.

I think Mods are targeted much more often and much more viciously than any other group on ATS and you guys keep your cool most of the time.

It is fair for a Mod to have an opinion. In fact it makes them seem more human that way.

But surely you must feel the same frustration when someone says, "A mod banned me - they all suck! It's a conspiracy!" that we feel when painted with a broad brush.

I edited my original comments because they were hyperbolic and I was overly-defensive.

In my *opinion* as a member of ATS, I think that when moderators create threads or post opinions they should use the standard little disclaimer/text box thing. It's simply a matter of perception.

An example I can think of is that whenever I have a Masonic avatar on my posts, no matter what forum I post to, I get snide little 'what do you expect, he's a mason' comments. When I change to something innocuous or humorous people suddenly change to 'Yeah! right on!'. It's not that I have changed or that my opinions have, it's that people prejudge you based on your persona.

It's the same for me. I don't think Dr. Love meant to offend anyone. In fact this is probably the least offensive thread of late. My reaction was based upon watching my brothers getting occasionally reprimanded, having posts deleted and drawing the ire of SO and then not even 24 hours later a Moderator posts something that could be construed as inflammatory.

I respect you guys, but I hope that you can see where I am coming from. Your post sounds exactly like some of mine when it was Masons being mistreated.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Thank you for the disclaimer box. :-)

I take back what I said about your personal hygiene. And your mom.

link   

Originally posted by emsed1
In my *opinion* as a member of ATS, I think that when moderators create threads or post opinions they should use the standard little disclaimer/text box thing. It's simply a matter of perception.

Done. I forget to do that quite a bit. I'm busting my kneecaps as I speak.

Peace

link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by emsed1

Done. I forget to do that quite a bit. I'm busting my kneecaps as I speak.

Peace

That's okay. I just kicked myself in the 'masonic jewels' for being a crybaby.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Most Masons and Shriners know about as much about Lucifer as they know about brain surgery.

Maybe so. However their does seem to be an admiration held for Lucifer in many occult and theosophical societies. As I am sure you are aware Madame Blavatsky named her magazine after Lucifer.

This post isn't meant as an accusation of Masons or other occultist being evil. I am just curious as to your thoughts on what Lucifer may represent to those who believe him to be a benevolent deity.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

yes it is open-
there are various Corporate groups which manage Shriner money of the total investments of near a billion dollars this all supports the hospitals.
Shriners are a North American Group of Charity (now branching officially to Europe) there is no agenda there or in the US.
The only agenda is to become a higher profile system to help the hospital research and kids in need.

Lucifer-the Morning Star... IIRC but does it really matter?
what's next the Devil really was in Tenacious D?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

Maybe so. However their does seem to be an admiration held for Lucifer in many occult and theosophical societies. As I am sure you are aware Madame Blavatsky named her magazine after Lucifer.

Very true. But the average Mason is completely ignorant of occultism and theosophy, especially the ones over 60. This probably is doubly true for Shriners, many of whom consider Masonry as just a step to the Shrine, and the Shrine as a drinking club where they get to ride go-carts.

This post isn't meant as an accusation of Masons or other occultist being evil. I am just curious as to your thoughts on what Lucifer may represent to those who believe him to be a benevolent deity.

As to what Lucifer may mean, it wouold depend on the context. The word has been used by the ancient Romans to denote the Greek Apollo, by astronomers to refer to the planet Venus, by Christians to refer to the Christian devil, by Theosophists and occultists to refer to the metaphysical "life force", and probably other meanings as well.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
To me it just seemed as if the shriner was playing along and being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here is a top secret Shriner document:

Shriner Primer

Just to summarize:

The 22 Shriner's Hospitals operating budget in 2007 was over $700 Million Dollars!

No patient or family paid a dime for the care their children received.

So my original estimates were off. Shriners actually contribute $2 Million per day to support their hospitals.

Honestly, I don't care if the dude thinks he is Lucifer or not, you simply cannot deny the humanitarian mission of the Shrine.

[edit on 1/20/09 by emsed1]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

Exactly what i thought.... as i said above... i think the guy interviewing sounded more crazy and he was clearly putting words in his mouth.
Weird interview all round

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Theosophists and occultists to refer to the metaphysical "life force", and probably other meanings as well.

It's interesting that you say that. Lucifer as a life force sure changes the context of many pieces of literature. Is it proclaimed that there is only one life force or are their many? What is the nature of this life force?

One could consider pain to be evil but if one were to unknowingly sit on a fire it would be pain that caused us to react before any further harm could be done. I wonder if this is similar to the Luciferian life force?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
All I see in the video is a Christian fanatic harassing an old man.
It's just sad to watch.

And Lucifer does in fact mean "ligh-bearer", from the latin lux, lucis, "light", and ferre, "to bear or bring". It is also an old Roman astrological term for the planet Venus, the "Morning Star".

It wasn't until later that the Christians put horns on Lucifer and made him the bad guy.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Are they still refusing to show their books, and how much of the money donated for that cause actually GOES to that cause?

Do you have any authority to make such a demand? Why do you need to know? And have you asked them for their financial records?

reply to post by Mean Red Spider

That is a great story.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

And Peace be unto you, sir.

Shriners. See them at all the kiddie parades.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctordoom
And Peace be unto you, sir.

Shriners. See them at all the kiddie parades.

So when's the last time you set-up a charitable organization where none of the patients paid a cent to the fees?

[edit on 20-1-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."
~ Revelations 22:16

Here we see Jesus via the angel saying that he is Lucifer, and it is the second to last statement attributed to Jesus in the Bible, the last being "Yes, I am coming soon."

Jesus the Christ is the light of life, and I am the light of the world, with me in him and him in me. Therefore, as a lamp shining, I suppose that I am a type of Lucifer as well.

This ought to be differentiated from "Satan" who is the adversary, the tempter, and the deciever.

Best,

Rob

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join