It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim on Muslim Attacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

How does seperating lands cause the slaughter of a wedding party for singing? It's absolutely horrible what they do. All in the name of Allah. What, you dare show an ankle? Stoned to death. Oh no you sneezed in public, burnt to death!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
How does seperating lands cause the slaughter of a wedding party for singing?

Look at all the conflicts in Africa that have come from the creation of borders. Territories given to a rival leader is never a good thing, is it?

About the wedding, is that because of Islam or extremists? If it's because of Islam, please show me where in the Quran singing is punishable by death.

It's absolutely horrible what they do. All in the name of Allah.

Anyone can do anything in the "name of Allah," but it doesn't mean that's what their faith is about. I can go bungee jumping in the name of Allah, but it doesn't mean that God was the one who made me do it.

What, you dare show an ankle? Stoned to death.

That was what it was like when the Taliban ruled Afghanistan, unless you would like to show me which other Muslim led countries also have this as a punishment. The Taliban were a group of militants the US created to fight the Russians. When the war was over, the US abandoned the militants in Afghanistan, and they took over, against the will of the defenseless Afghan people.

Oh no you sneezed in public, burnt to death!

Source?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Well, not just Hamas but it is also illegal too sing in public in Saudi Arabia. And women are oppressed in every ME country. And the sneezing was just an example of how extreme they are. Hell some guys are marring 12 year olds and the courts upheld it!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

hmmm???? so you say they are more violent then the Jews????

You say you seen pictures of them chaining women???

wow nice... how is that evidence???

It's propaganda. If you want to know how they really live. Go ask people that are from there.

Ron Paul stated in one of his talks to congress. That we created islam extremist he has proof.

We are also funding Isreal for the attacks.

yet why??? when we are in a session?

I would just say to do your own research before calling groups of people violent and evil.

Just remeber everyone is different even if they are in the same group.

You need to look at history.

Muslcims are really upset with isrel and america because of the first Iraqi war. Americans allowed jewish people to take shelter in mecca a islam holy place.

which has 3 rules. you must wash up and be clean before entering. You must be peaceful while in the mecca meaning no fighting in any way, and you can't be jewish.

well America has there dudes walk int all muddy and dirty cause they were under fire.

Broke rule one...... they took there battles indoors of the mecca. Broke rule 2.

then had jewish american soldiers. Broke Rule 3.

that is like taking the bible and using it to wipe your butt after taking a crap.

that is what it feels like to muslims.

So alot of strict religious people have alot of grudges against america and Isrel.

who can blame them?

just saying.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Well, not just Hamas but it is also illegal too sing in public in Saudi Arabia.

It's also illegal to spit on the sidewalk in Singapore, but does that make it so because of the religion? It's a simple means of controlling a public disturbance. In Saudi Arabia, what's the punishment?

And women are oppressed in every ME country.

Please don't throw around such a obtuse statement. What we in the west view as "oppression," women in the Middle East view as a right, such as the right to cover their heads at school, at the mall, in the bank, on their license, etc. And what we view as a "freedom" here, women over there view as oppression, such as women here constantly being brainwashed into using artificial means to acquire beauty (breast implants, botox, etc.), not to mention the "glass-ceiling," and only recently acquiring the rights the own land and vote in the US, when women there have had it for a very long time.

I've been to every Middle Eastern country, minus Yemen, and none of the women there are forced to cover their heads. Everyone of them have a choice to. Yes, that even includes Afghanistan, which I visited last December.

And the sneezing was just an example of how extreme they are.

What is your example based on? If I were to say that people in the US pump grease into their veins because obesity is such an epidemic, would I be safe to use it as an example?

Hell some guys are marring 12 year olds and the courts upheld it!

It's easy to single out events like these and attribute it to as the mindset of an entire population, when socio-economic status and cultural roles are ignored.

[edit on Wed Jan 21st 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Really? I have heaps of family in Lebanon. My aunty worked in the Australian Embassy there, another aunty works in a bank, another owns a jewler, another owns a dental surgery, another is a teacher.... They all drive BMW's or Mercedes. They wear what they like, go where they like and do what they like.

I went there 5 years ago for the summer. We were out every night of the week at cafes, restaurants, clubs, the beach. I didn't see or experience any oppression.
So where did you get your source from? It's obviously wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
First things first. GamerGal, you look hella fine.
Thats not flattery, thats the truth. Ok now that i got that out of the way, i'd like to address the issue of why the honor killings, stoning of women, and other related stupidities. It is not Islam which is the problem. It is tribal custom which got intertwined with religion. Bet you didn't know that Christians in the ME before Islam took over used to do just about the same exact things. Did you? Islam is very peaceable, take what a previous poster stated, Malaysia is just about completely Muslim. And there is no day to day violence, no killing of women for ridiculous things, none of the sort. Because the traditions are not the same, therefore the religion didnt get "tainted" so to speak. And besides the things you talk about aren't constantly happening, they are isolated cases or the most part.

But check it, i know a good many black dudes that treat their women like crap, but am I going to go ahead and generalize that all black dudes have a tendency to beat their women. Because their blackness? No, i'm not. Thats not the right thing to do.

tell me, how many honor killings go on in the US? We got lots of reasons for it to happen. Why aren't there widespread honor killings? Because of the law? i don't think so. Religion would surpass law in most muslims eyes. It's because the so called ME sharia law was and always will be tribal law mixed with islamic law and that is the key. Islamic law in and of itself is nothing more than a broad outline with few details. When you throw in the tribal law, it turns it into something much more detailed.

Oh and as for head covering, it is not compulsory in Islam. every muslim woman i know has chosen it themselves. This post seems so very lacking in quality, forgive me as i am sick.

As for Taqiyya, you got me, im Hindu
but seriously, that was for a bygone age. Nobody is out forcefully converting me, and in all honesty, if they were, they might as well kill me cause i'll shout muslim till i die.

So, in conclusion, you are a dime piece.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Basically, true Islam forbids the killing of innocents.

But all 7 followers of true Islam are not too interested when some of the 1.2billion followers of normal Islam, run around blowing innocents up.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

But all 7 followers of true Islam are not too interested when some of the 1.2billion followers of normal Islam, run around blowing innocents up.

1,2 billion terrorists

Second line for such a big ignorance

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Your ever increasing infantilism never ceases to amaze me...

More Americans kill Americans each year than have ever died at the hands of terrorists. This is because the in the USA, most people are Americans.

In Muslim majority countries, naturally most murderers will be Muslim.

Its as simple as that. End of discussion- capische?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hmm, the Indonesian Muslim community has no terrorism problems?

Hmm, Survey says/

WRONG!!!!!!!

www.atimes.com...

Fear, loathing and violence are not new to religiously divided Poso. An estimated 2,000 people were killed in communal fighting between Muslims and Christians in the area until an accord was brokered by the central government in 2002. That deal never fully took hold and the Jemaah Islamiyah terror group has recently exploited the tensions for its own ideological ends. Several JI operatives have allegedly gathered in the coastal Poso region to regroup, recruit, and perhaps even plan new attacks across the archipelago.

www.crisisgroup.org...

Terrorists struck again in Bali in 2005, with all-too-familiar scenes of death, panic, and grim-faced officials vowing to find the perpetrators. It is not clear who is behind the 1 October suicide bombings. Suspicion will immediately fall on the terrorist organisation Jemaah Islamiyah (JI) – perpetrators of the previous Bali bombings in 2002. But in the years since those bombings JI has become weaker, its administrative structure, its finances, and its logistics all seriously damaged.

However, the two individuals behind the bombing of the Marriott Hotel in Jakarta in August 2003, Azhari Husin and Noordin Mohamed Top, are at large. Both have associations with JI.

This is the thing, we know in the west, and especially in the U.S. that we have problems. Our corporations have too much power and get by with too much, and do too many unaccpetable things across the globe. The war on drugs and poor welfare programs have turned areas in our inner cities into criminal cesspools. Our family court systems have destroyed the U.S. family by catering to women and ignoring the rights of men, and these are but a few. I could go on and on about the problems of the west, and do on other threads.

The big difference is that while we admit our problems in the west, the people of Islam refuse to admit that they have a terrorism problem, that Muslims are starting too many wars, and create too much conflict. The level of denial is ridiculous. Eventually, everyone begins to think that this level of denial simply exists so that the supposed minority of fanatics who commit these acts of terrorism, these honor killings, can continue to get by with their crimes, while the supposed moderate Muslims deny what is happening.

At some point in time, the Muslim community is going to have to start admitting the problems of Islam and doing something about it to maintain any credibility as moderate, decent people.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Don't know if it's already put out there. But do you remember the IRA in Ireland? Not that long ago it was catholic vs protestant. And the history is full with bloodshedding on that subject. So just because the last few decades it's been mostly the Islam, doesn't mean a thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mortje

The terrorism in Ireland was primarily limited to N. Ireland, against the English, not all over the planet against anyone and everyone who Muslims encounter. There is a huge difference.

This kind of nonsense gets repeated over and over again.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

I've been to every Middle Eastern country, minus Yemen, and none of the women there are forced to cover their heads. Everyone of them have a choice to. Yes, that even includes Afghanistan, which I visited last December.

This is true, also in Morocco it's the same, actually most women especially younger onces don't even wear a scarf. They like to wear casual clothes like jeans and top, or sometimes moroccan dresses.(very beautiful dresses I love moroccan style clothes.)

www.forumpakistan.com...
images.google.co.uk...
images.google.co.uk...
www.morocco.com...
images.google.co.uk...

It is also true that some women in some countries might be oppressed, but I laugh when people act like all muslim/arab women are oppressed etc.

Have you guys seen some of these women!? They have tough and powerful personalities, a lot of the time they control the men haha. They are the boss of the family. Not really a sign if oppression.

Most women choose to cover themselves or not, that's not oppression that's a choice, something some westerners seem to want to TAKE away.

There is nothing wrong with covering themselves up if they choose, and there is nothing wrong with wearing more casual clothes. Free will.

Also I think it's possible some of you have an ignorant image stuck in your head about ALL muslim countries, something like war tourn, desert towns, in the middle of nowhere, with guys with towel head controlling the women, and forcing them to stay at home, the men very hairy and dirty, with anger issues. LOOL

When infact, many of you would be suprised how modern or beautiful some of these places are, the culture, the people, the places, the buildings. Amazing places to visit. And you will not get hanged or stoned for being a westerner haha. You might be very surpised how nice and welcoming they can be! (more welcoming than people here in London that's for sure haha, I still love london thou
)

Do these men look like the typical arab image some of you imagine from watching western media?

Do these Moroccan women look oppressed?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated

Really? I have heaps of family in Lebanon. My aunty worked in the Australian Embassy there, another aunty works in a bank, another owns a jewler, another owns a dental surgery, another is a teacher.... They all drive BMW's or Mercedes. They wear what they like, go where they like and do what they like.

I went there 5 years ago for the summer. We were out every night of the week at cafes, restaurants, clubs, the beach. I didn't see or experience any oppression.
So where did you get your source from? It's obviously wrong.

The same in Morocco. (cafes in EVERY corner in morocco haha, is it the same in Lebanon?)

Damn I miss going to the beach over there...so cold and grey here in London

[edit on 21-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Why is it that the same areas you speak of in which the terrorism occurs in is the same ones the US or UK have tried to invade in the past? It's not mere coincidence that terrorism starts right after a foreign power tries to either set up a border, install a new goverment, or acquire land.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

While I always like your posts trying to show people the "real" side of Arabs; isnt it true that none of the people you post are truly representative of the average Arab?

The reason they are all so good looking is that they're models, actresses etc. When I went to the ME, most women wore headscarves etc... and I wasn't even in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mortje

But as the site I linked to shows, the Muslims killed more people in one day then the IRA conflict has ever killed. And in America more people may be killed, but its because of a mugging, gang warfare, not because people were singing at a wedding or wouldn't marry a 12 year old.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

But as the site I linked to shows, the Muslims killed more people in one day then the IRA conflict has ever killed.

The site you linked is a hate site. They can post information like

2008.12.02 Dagestan Makhachkala Suspected Muslim militants gun down a cop.

Without proof of who the culprits were or if the the event even happened, and people will eat it up as truth. Do you know the one thing all hate sites have in common? It's that they have no problem lying to get their point across and will not admit that they're a hate site by claiming that they're telling the truth. The same website you link says all of those attacks are religiously motivated. When someone gets robbed and killed, the site says it's religiously motivated. When someone gets mugged, the site says it's religiously motivated. When there is a stabbing, they say it's religiously motivated. My question is, how do they know it's religiously motivated?

And in America more people may be killed, but its because of a mugging, gang warfare, not because people were singing at a wedding or wouldn't marry a 12 year old.

Anyone can make a statement like that. In the Middle East more people may be killed by suicide bombings, but in America more black people were killed for being black, or merely "looking at a white woman," no more than 40 years ago.

You will find that the greatest injustices to humanity were caused not by these Middle Eastern countries, but by the ones you defend. How many Middle Eastern countries started any of the World Wars? How many have invaded the US, UK, France, etc? Now how many of those countries I listed have invaded a Middle Eastern country, killed or enslaved its people, and then forced their beliefs on them?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
In the Middle East more people may be killed by suicide bombings, but in America more black people were killed for being black, or merely "looking at a white woman," no more than 40 years ago.

No they weren't!

Islamic terrorists murder more people everyday than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years.
straight from the site!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join