It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today January 20, 2009 ... Yes we can!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In these times the American people need to end divisive partisanship... And it needs to happen today!

We can either all work together to save our nation and restore the greatness we once had, the stability that we knew, the growth we expected, the prosperity we earned, the generosity we shared with the world, the example we should always be, the future our children deserve, the freedom we've taken for granted and the pride, patriotism and honor of being a citizen of this the GREATEST nation on the planet.

Or we can continue to bicker, argue and point fingers, lay blame and dissolve all that we were into an endless cycle of partisan politics that ultimately accomplishes NOTHING!

Today we can have a new beginning, or more of the same, and that choice is up to each and every American to make individually and collectively.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Are you talking for Obama or do you really believe this hype?

Talk about the government trying to control you. I think it already has a lot of you hooked.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Are you talking for Obama or do you really believe this hype?

Not at all, I didn't vote for Obama, I am an independent free thinking centrist.

What I see is a bitterly divided nation, what I wish for is the opposite, and what we have is an opportunity for change. It may literally be now or never for us, at least that is my personal perspective. Our country is being destroyed by partisan politics and we should all want that to end. After 8 years of this "blame game" and few real and productive accomplishments perhaps under new leadership and with a new attitude we the American people can rise above all of that.

Wishful thinking on my part, I know, but given the dire situation our nation is in I'd rather take the path of hope and optimism.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
walks, I admire your stand but cannot see giving Obama that satisfaction. Guess I am a divider till he convinces me otherwise. Guess he should have been more careful before he played the blame game.

Furthermore, the only change I see is moving Obama from the Senate to the white house. Now instead of passing bills he gets to sign them. Don't get me wrong, I wish him success. But I just don't buy into his JFK wannabe persona.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Meet the new boss.... same as the old boss

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
We can either all work together to save our nation ... Or we can continue to bicker ...

Lemme' guess ... if we disagree with 'The One' then we are not working together. If he has a lame brain plan we have to go along with it or else we are the problem. Right?

It's surreal how borg like mind control has taken over.

"Yes we can" "we are the ones we have been waiting for"

Does this sound familiar - 'either you are with us or you are with the terrorists'?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just once I'd like to see the coin flipped and it land on its side.

You can be either or, but do not dare be in the middle because you become a target of the left and the right.

I am not saying we offer Obama blind support, nor that we should not be critical of his future policies... On the contrary we should be even more critical of him because frankly the stakes are higher now. What we need is a break from the divisive politics. It is time for Americans and our elected servants to set aside agendas and work together. That is all I am saying, and really is it too much to ask?

If we can't work together, and especially if our elected servants cannot then think of what a continuation of the last 8 years of combined (left and right) failures have brought, and what more of that will mean for the future of this country.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A new day. A new president. A deeper sleep for the American people.

At least with Bush people were beginning to wake up and smell the corpses. Now that the great savior has arrived to turn all of our problems to gold with a swipe of his magic wand, the people roll over and hit snooze again.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

If you are right then all will be lost, because the damage is done, the sacrifice and hard work it will take for America to recover will not happen, a return to apathy will mean a continuation of failures and a further slide into the abyss.

If Americans think that Obama alone will fix everything, or that now things will suddenly get better because he is now president then those Americans are fools. It will take a nation, undivided and committed together to do the best we can, no matter what it is that we do, be it elected leaders all the way down to the minimum wage workers. Everyone should get involved in their communities, state and federal governments, vote whenever possible, write your elected officials with your concerns, united we must stand, divided we are falling.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What was I thinking?

I respectfully request the deletion of this thread following a bittersweet revelation of my own ignorance through current events.

There is no we can. Now that should read Yes THEY can! like it or not

Sincerely,

Dissapointed

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
What was I thinking?

I respectfully request the deletion of this thread following a bittersweet revelation of my own ignorance through current events.

There is no we can. Now that should read Yes THEY can! like it or not

Sincerely,

Dissapointed

yep you got served...

I tried to tell everyone, hes just a globalist puppet.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Damn kids, anyway! You were told NOT to drink the kool-aid!

Say 10 hail Barrys... and DO NOT do it again!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
"I care not who sits on the throne of England. He who controls the money supply of England controls the throne, and I control the money supply," -Amschel Bower de Rothschild, in 1911.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

I didn't drink the Kool-Aid... I honesty wanted to believe that America could set aside partisan politics and work together to get out of this economic crisis.

When one party takes advantage of its majority as has been so openly done in the case of the passage of the current recovery plan following the promise of transparency, openness and bipartisanship, a plan that many from both sides do not agree with, left the 'hope' for 'change' that I did have in ruin.

If you have some Kool-Aid that will help me forget that I'd gladly drink it now.

new topics

top topics

join