It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden offered Secretary of State??? I Smell Hijinks!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yesterday on the Oprah Show, Joe Biden's wife Jill said, "Joe had the choice to be secretary of state or vice president".

Then he tried to shush her. In her defense she said, "Well he did". He tried to cover up saying Obama only offered him one job and that was VP.

Then on WGN ch. 9 in Chicago, they tried to report the story and the reporter said that she wasn't allowed to show the video from the Oprah show any more. (Possible cover up)

Why??? Because Jill Biden dropped the beans!!! My critical thinking tells me, How could Joe Biden be offered the choice between the position of Secretary of State and Vice President? Unless it was predetermined that Obama was going to win the election!

He couldn't have offered the SoS position not even knowing who his running mate would be unless he already knew he would win. This means Joe Biden also knew Barack would win.

Wouldn't SoS be a choice his transition team would help him with? It seems to me that the powers that be already had the players they just had to assign the positions.

Oh yeah, I finally beat the rest of ATS to the punch on this one!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
well I can't say I wasn't thinking the same thing.... but Iam not that knowledgeable on how ANY president-elect would pick his staff...

But it dose sound fishy...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FightLies

I,ve ggot a quick little theory on this one,
a little conversation like so....
"Hey, Joe, If I win, do you wanna be secretary of state?"
It's a long shot, as I'm sure very few people in the postion of running for the Prez ever really think of that stuff in advance.....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You might be reading too much into it. Biden didn't want that mentioned because then Hillary is by this fact, second choice for the positon. No one wants to irritate Hillary.

I can't imagine a presidential candidate not having his cabinet fleshed out pretty well prior to the election. They may not want to make that public, but the positions are important enough that at least approaching certain people about their interest means just that much less to do after the election.

Being elected and then standing there like a deer in the headlights saying, "Now what?" probably isn't the best way to go. Although it made for an interesting ending to Redford's movie, "The Candidate".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

agreed.

It is highly likely that, prior to making the selection, he asked Hil or, possibly, he went to Biden and said "which do you prefer?"

Of course, nobody knew Obama was going to win in advance. Except anyone who followed the election and saw the polls and read the news and thought about the choices.
Then you kinda thought he'd win.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Then you kinda thought he'd win.

After watching MSNBC for 20 minutes in September, I'm surprised we even went through the formality of an election.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Like a good athlete you assume that you are going to win. Could it not be that "if I am elected would you rather be VP or SoS?" Obviously it would have to be offered before he finalized his choice of VP tho. And could not McCain have offered the same thing to someone (rare to give a choice tho)

new topics

top topics

join