It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inauguration day Blogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
One of many activities scheduled for today is a set of Inauguration is bloggers reporting from around the country about what's going on during inauguration day. This is a historic event, and like 9/11 it will be interesting to hear what others are doing... whether at work and talking about the election, watching it on tv, or what.

Me, I've got a doctor's appointment that I'm rushing off to. I'll post my own thoughts as the day goes on... if anyone wants to join and offer their observations of what's going on in their town or at their workplace or school, please chime right in.

But save the debates for other threads (there are so many).

(and so I don't lose track of this... Obama's picks to date. I am not terribly excited about Ron Kirk, having lived here in Dallas but I'll have to go back and check the record here: innovation.cq.com... )

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
NPR has a "tell us about the coverage in your town" page over here:
www.npr.org...

Included are links to Twitter feeds (I'm not on Twitter, so I am not following that part of it) and YouTube and Flickr reports are also requested. Searching for "inaug09" on Youtube brings up three pages of video stories already. Searching for "Inauguration day" brings up a staggering 2,000 videos... and the speech was only given an hour or so ago.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
One of the things that came out of the last election was the recognition of the power of the Internet to get the word out about events and people and to draw support to causes. To this extent, I find it interesting that the White House now has a blog.

Obama isn't writing it (it's obviously some staffer.) Someone has cynically said "we'll see how long this lasts" but looking at today's blogs, I think it may turn into a useful tool for the administration. I'm adding it to my watch list.
www.whitehouse.gov...

new topics

join