It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just don't get it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

While you are being quite logical, it seems logic alone is cold-comfort. History is history, and fools are soon met with it again and again. If it comforts you to disregard it, enjoy. I wish I could believe it was all 'make believe.' I'm just not so convinced in the generic goodness of men, (perhaps even some well-meaning men).

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Cold comfort, yes. I prefer this kind of comfort over the alternative.

If, in your allusion to history repeating itself, you mean that more violence and upheaval are coming, then I agree with you.

The real problem is that human beings have a limited amount of "working memory". This means that, no matter how complex the issues and problems we face, we can only hold so many variables in memory at once. Even a perfect understanding of reality based on those limited variables is still an imperfect grasp of the subject.

I'm saying all of this because I see some writing on the wall. Complexity is no longer creeping into our lives; it's pouring in. Overwhelmed by the deluge, there is going to be tremendous backlash against it, and this backlash is going to come in many different forms. Essentially, people are going to try to enforce order in their own lives as best they can, and this will take what ever form the individual understands, and this means agreeing upon an enemy or a single source of all problems. NWO. Reptilian aliens. Jews. What have you.

Think abut this. If 50% of caucasians have IQs below 100, and a disproportionately large number of caucasians live in the rural areas and places with populations below 500,000 (a kind of magic number), and a disproportionately large number of those people hold a very simple Manichaean worldview encapsulated in premillenialist religion...

Sometimes I wonder whether this NWO mythos, which is all very quaint and amusing to some of us who watch it from a distance, is going to grow legs and stand up on its own feet.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join