It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Children Found With Bullet Wounds To The Head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Children found with bullets lodged in their head

By Topaz Amoore/The Telegraph Group Limited

Cairo: Doctors operating the only brain-scanning machine at an Egyptian hospital near Gaza have been almost overwhelmed by the number of Palestinian children arriving with bullet wounds to the head

Source: archive.gulfnews.com...

I have never doen the external tags - snippets etc from news source, hope i have done it right.

The story goes on to say that Doctors in Egypt are not sure if the children were shot directly to the head (as some wounds appear to enter the front of the head and exit the back). Or, if the children were being used as human shields, as the Israel military has claimed. Were they caught in the cross fire?

Deeply sad and heartbreaking, irrespective. Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

www.liveleak.com...

This video says it all. I didn't see anyone using these children as shields. Maybe some pro-Israeli members can point out the people using these children as shields because I just cant see them.

Israel and its supporters disgusts me to no end.

[edit on 20/1/09 by Pfeil]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I don't think you can call them human shields if the wound is a bullet. Especially that of a sniper. The intention was to kill and the target was known. If it happened once or twice you could call it human error but this has happened too many times. Israeli gunfire is the 2nd most common cause of death amoung Palestinian children.

An excuse can only be used so many times before the truth is obvious.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by helpmefindtheway
Your thoughts?

Disturbing - if true.

However, after looking over your source, I have to say that it looks rather biased. It's got some stories that are definately bogus and others that are defending Islamic terrorists, calling them 'not terrorists' but freedom fighters. Which is dead wrong. I also see no balance as to the reason that the Gaza is getting hammered - because of Hamas sending 3,000 rockets into Israel in an attempt to mass murder Israeli civilians.

Get a more reliable and balanced news outlet to back this up and then we can talk. Otherwise, it's just not trustworthy.

Originally posted by Obliterated
Israeli gunfire is the 2nd most common cause of death amoung Palestinian children.

Source?

[edit on 1/20/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I actually saw this reported a couple of weeks ago, I stated it in a thread here and all the pro-Israel crowd tried to discredit and deny it.

The fact is, if these kids were being used as Human shields, there would be a lot of other injuries, and this number wouldn't have been shot in the head. The fact that they were shot in the head, says all we need to know.

And the term "Human Shield" doesn't literally mean people pick up kids and hide behind them while firing, it means they use public buildings to launch attacks from, places inhabited by innocent civilians.

Supposedly, these places were shelled rather than shot at. So where have all these kids with bullets in their heads come from?

I can't wait to see all the fanatical pro-Israel nut-jobs continue to try to proclaim Israels innocence. They can't, they supported this slaughter, ignored the truth and now they should all be extremely ashamed of themselves.

We tried to show them what they were supporting, and they ignored it and swallowed all that Israel had to say.

Since then, we've seen the evidence mounting, we've seen the injuries, the destruction, Israel trying to silence and censor the press.

Where are they now? Probably hiding under a rock trying to get to grips with the war crimes they have been supporting.

Can you tell I have no sympathy for the people who supported Israel during this nightmare? I hope they all suffer the guilt of their feverish support of Israel for years to come, and every time they look at their children they should remember the faces of the kids they supported the slaughter of.

/rant.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

I have seen many pictures come out of gaza of children with bullet wounds to chest, head etc. This is no accident.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Get a more reliable and balanced news outlet to back this up and then we can talk. Otherwise, it's just not trustworthy.

Good point, thank-you.

Admittedly, I do not know the best sources of information of this context, still a little wet behind the ears. The Telegraph is also reporting it, in detail. Are they considered more credible?

www.telegraph.co.uk... -the-spine-the-terrible-injuries-suffered-by-children-of-Gaza.html

edit: to fix link - twice

[edit on 1/20/2009 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 20-1-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

[edit on 20-1-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

because of Hamas sending 3,000 rockets into Israel in an attempt to mass murder Israeli civilians.

I've said this before to another person who said the same, they never replied.

3000 rockets is insignificant to the 100,000 undetonated cluster bombs which landed in Lebanon in 2006. dont you think?

As for bias, how many expolisives, missiles, chemical bombs etc. were fired on Palestinian civilians? How many Israeli civilian casualties were there in contrast to Palestinian casualties?

As for a source for my previous post,
www.palestinemonitor.org...

During the period studied, 93 Palestinian children were killed (thus constituting 27 percent of all Palestinian deaths). The largest single cause of death was “gunfire to the head.”
www.wrmea.com... - This source claims that it is the largest cause of death.

You might want to see this, It has the name, age and cause of death of each child killed and the cause of death for both Israel and Palestine between September 2000 - December 2000 www.rememberthesechildren.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
www.guardian.co.uk...

I have seen many pictures come out of gaza of children with bullet wounds to chest, head etc. This is no accident.

And Israel are allowed to go ahead with it, with support from America and silence from other nations.

I really don't understand how anyone with any remote intellect could support Israel. It just baffles me completely.

I can understand people supporting radical beliefs if they have been affected by the violence of a perceived aggressor. But western people supporting Israel when the people of Gaza have done nothing to them? It just makes no sense in a civilized country.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Depending on your political view and affiliations, Terrorist and Freedom Fighter are but one and the same.

You prefer Terrorist, whereas I believe Freedom Fighter. The fact is the children had bullet wounds to the head, so Israeli Terrorists is in fact the right description.

Respects

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well, seeing how they have treated children in the past, even Sephardi Jewish children, deliberately irradiating them causing cancers and shorter life expectancies, as well as lives of misery and disease, should we then expect anything less?

The idea is that the more children they kill and maim, the fewer there will be to grow and procreate. It's simple eradication of people they don't want around.
Of course it's deliberate and a matter of policy, it has been happening for too long for it not to be.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If you're wondering why Gaza children have bullet wounds, then watch the video below. The good part is at around 1:50 into the clip. Gunmen fire automatic weapons at Israeli helicopters while surrounded by kids. I don't even think the helicopters would need to fire back for civilian injury to occur. Those bullets they're firing into the air are going to come back down eventually.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I don't even think the helicopters would need to fire back for civilian injury to occur. Those bullets they're firing into the air are going to come back down eventually.

Did you skip the first 2 minutes? It starts of with people who are already dead. at 1.10 it appears that a missile or something is dropped a few seconds later another is dropped. Guns are being fired from above, you can hear them between the palestinian fire breaks.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Apparently Israeli snipers prefer young targets

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Maybe the kids didnt want to take up arms and fight somebody elses war so they were killed by their recruiters. The child soldier business is a nasty one.

Win win for them though. Plug one in the head and not only do you get to scare a dozen others into fighting for you but you get a corpse to blame on your enemy.

I suppose we should just forget what put the Jews in that region, give it back to the nobody who claimed ownership and stick all the Jews back in the ovens? Then you'd all be happy, right?

Maybe relocate them to Nebraska?

To paraphrase Barney: There should be a planet for the French, a planet for the Chinese and we'd all be a lot happier.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

I didn't skip the first two min. and the video title clearly says that a Hamas rocket team had just been taken out by an Israeli helicopter. Note that the dead and wounded were adults. I was pointing out how the gunmen ran into a crowd of children to return fire.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by Obliterated

I didn't skip the first two min. and the video title clearly says that a Hamas rocket team had just been taken out by an Israeli helicopter. Note that the dead and wounded were adults. I was pointing out how the gunmen ran into a crowd of children to return fire.

The video title was clearly made by an Israeli. If a humanitarian wrote it, it would say something along the lines of "Israeli helicopter drops missiles on a civilian area for no apparent reason".

2.20 - child in ambulance
3.50 - an infant in hospital

You must be watching a different video to the one you posted. Or just seeing what you want to see through bias eyes.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Welcome to Nazi Germany 1937.

"It's the Jews Fault." Dead kids? It's the Jews.

Kids catch a cold. It's the Jews spreading the disease.

Seig Heil.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The video of Hamas shooting at Israeli helicopters showed me one thing.
Hamas has no idea how to shot at aircraft and most-likely there own people are in more danger then the helicopters.

The NVA in Vietnam had a lot better fire discipline.

They would fire at US helicopters by having 10 to 30 troops fire at a point ahead of the helicopter and let it fly into the cloud of automatic weapons fire.

You will note that Hamas did not shoot down any israeli helicopters in these day of attacks.

Even the Iraqis were better at shooting down US helicopters.

And what go up must come down.

Hamas is more of a danger to there own people then to the Israelis.

I will also bet that in the coming weeks no one will turn over the recovered bullets to investigators.

Most of the weapon used by Israel are of a different caliber them the Hamas weapons and a UN investigator should be able to match the bullets to the group that fires them.

But that is where i bet they are never turned in to the investigators.
because most will turn out to be fired by Hamas.

This same thing happened to black-water people in Iraq.
they were said to have shot Iraqis but not one bullet was ever recovered to prove it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Obviously you have no idea about what you are talking! Or do you think this discussion is in any way comparable to years of dictatorship?? Are you kidding or just fueling the hatred (on both sides)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join