It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone out there see ANY light at the end of the tunnel?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I am quite optimistic as long as things genuinely do collapse. I am looking forward to spending more time with my local community as we battle through the hardships of a new epoch. Teaching the youth of the town, setting up trade routes with other local towns. Learning about what it is to be human rather than a consumerist robot. I look forward to my friends leaving their dead end jobs in the council and fulfilling their true potential as the beautiful people i knew they were when they were younger. I look forward to more spare time with the people i care about, to making love under the stars and to having a community of true honorable people doing the most they can to help each other.

If things dont collapse we will just continue down the road of more debt, more hatred, more consumerism, more ignorance and more selfishness. The more the world perceivably falls apart the happier i get in the belief that what it is actually doing is growing into something new and wonderful , the first shoots of a real civilized society (which we have not reached yetP

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You must be able to see reality and just accept it. I come on here everyday and look at all the crap going down and talk about it.

With that said, I will still always be looking in the future for a way to better myself. If you let all of this stuff get to your head, you might have a higher chance of getting hit by this economic struggle. Even in a world of negatives, look for the positives and you will come out past a lot of people.

Just do what makes you happy, as long as it does not hurt yourself to much (These cheez-its are delicious...) or others.

The light I see at the end of this tunnel is hopefully making something of myself while many others have nowhere to turn. I say that with the up most respect though, as even though my family is not struggling to bad (compared to many others, of course we have been hit), I still somewhat understand the lifes of some people living day to day.

<< 1  2   >>

join