It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone out there see ANY light at the end of the tunnel?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I have been on a short hiatus from ATS because it was honestly depressing me. Now I have come back only to realize that it isn't ATS that depresses me, it is the reality of the current state of affairs that depresses me.

What I want to know is, am I just in a funk here and only focusing on the negative, or is the world really 100% in the crapper?

Is there anyone on here that is looking forward with a sense of hope? I would prefer if this hope had some sort of evidence to back it up.

Right now the only thing that gives me even a shred of hope is the fact that we now have a new face in the White House that can deliver the bad news. I really wish I could believe that Obama will really bring about change but I can't bring myself to buy into it. Right now he seems to be pretty well lined up with the same type of people and the same type of programs that have created the society that we are in. He may change things enough to perpetuate the current system for a while longer but that isn't the change that the people really need.

I could go on all night about this but I guess I want to see if anyone else is interested in discussing it before ranting any further.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
the light i see coming thru the tunnel is bright red and attached to some sort of weapon wielded by some sort of government agent...

get the hell out of the tunnel!
NOW!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I hear ya. Where exactly would you go to "get out of the tunnel"? The entire world appears to be falling apart. The speed of the deterioration is what worries me most.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
back the way we came...

...a couple of hundred years or so!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus187

Can I get the keys to the time machine when you are done with it? I am not sure where I would go with it though.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
get a suitable piece of land, to grow a variety of fruit and vege (stay organic), get a good cow, some pigs, chickens, rabbits...

build as modestly and efficiently as possible,

be as practical as possible,
share what you know with as many people as you can without alienating yourself.

we cant change the world,
but we can help people change their thoughts and behaviours towards a friendlier and healthier, more sustainable planet...

think globally, act locally

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I've been facing the same kind of problem. Like in the past, I've finally realized the loss and started moving on. The way we are told to "move on" that I like is to "begin a new normal".

For me the new normal means starting learning how to grow food in case there is not enough (not end-of-the-world doom, just great depression doom). There were millions of Americans who died in the great depression. So I suppose I will start learning gardening skills and hunting skills. I'll also try getting rid of a lot of stuff to live in a very small space if necessary.

Of course I'm not willing to give up that much freedom, so instead of trying to fight the New World Order I'm just trying to join perhaps a "Small World Order" where hopefully we will find a plot of land the NWO would never want any way due to lack of resources and learn to thrive off of that kind of land. I wouldn't have to worry so much because I wouldn't feel the powerlessness or even enslavement that you feel when you are a member of a big government and work for a big corporation.

But more than that, I'm getting myself involved in an organization that attempts to make the transition easier for others by investing resources in the right things, and working toward a society where it is easier to find for example showing people how to build $5,000 house so they don't have to live in a car.

So the light at the end of the tunnel I have is that we will help each other out to get through these times without the help of government.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

In the short to medium term (10 years), I do not feel good about the way things are going to go. It has already started.

Even after the storm things are going to be very comfotable and everyone will be happy but thats all part of a scheme that I am confident will happen.

In the long term I think we will overcome our own struggles and walk away from this type of living because thats the only way forward.

You have to react to this society for it to work, when people realise that when they do not react it crumbles then we will go somewhere.

I used to get angry when I was a bit younger at being born in this era but have we really ever had an era that was as great as this?

Think about it though, a society where everyone has a job, sex is in freeflow, no crime, apparently no poverty, no terrorism, no wandering patients (chip hint), technology everywhere and great education. Now how many people are going to say I do not want that in today's world?

Many people want whats coming to them and they will gorge in it and only when they realise will it be too late.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
My light at the end of the tunnel comes from being ready.I have LOTS of food stocked and tons of supplies.
I sleep well at night knowing I am not helpless like most.
I can't wait for the day when I can get the hell out of here and go to the woods.
I see all this as a good thing and I usually get excited when the markets start to drop.
The simple life is what I am waiting for...the day when I work for me and not the man.
Thats the light at the end of the tunnel for me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
When materialism begins to fail, refuge exists only in philosophy.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I feel it too, but then I look at history and I see the Native Indians being sent down the trail of tears. I see the revolutionary war, the slavery of black Africans. I see tons of wars & famine. I see the great depression and diseases. Then I realize we're still here. Yes many died during those bad times but many survived. I can't see the future but if we haven't learned from the past then we're in trouble. I honestly think we have learned from the past and there will still be wars, famine and economic problems in the future. Until we the people " together" can figure out that a vote can overtake our government and change it for the better , we're gonna be stuck with the same old people who messed it up. I can only hope that it gets better for now. There's light at the end of the tunnel, we just have to reach it.

[edit on 1/20/2009 by Solarskye]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Metallica No Leaf Clover lyrics

...Then it comes to be the soothing light at the end of your tunnel

is just a freight train coming your way...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Somehow, I feel that this is fitting at this point in our existence in conjunction with what is going on in the world as we are losing something . . . our way of life . . .

Five Stages Of Grief

1. Denial and Isolation.
At first, we tend to deny the loss has taken place, and may withdraw from our usual social contacts. This stage may last a few moments, or longer.
2. Anger.
The grieving person may then be furious at the person who inflicted the hurt (even if she's dead), or at the world, for letting it happen. He may be angry with himself for letting the event take place, even if, realistically, nothing could have stopped it.
3. Bargaining.
Now the grieving person may make bargains with God, asking, "If I do this, will you take away the loss?"
4. Depression.
The person feels numb, although anger and sadness may remain underneath.
5. Acceptance.
This is when the anger, sadness and mourning have tapered off. The person simply accepts the reality of the loss

Source

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's far too early to be thinking about light at the end of the tunnel. Firstly you will have to survive the blackest of black. You better hope that your new captain knows how to read a compass in the dark.

IRM

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No light at the end at all! How we feel and think is so utterly wrong, that mankind will vanish. Just as, say, rabbits, failed to develop a brain, so modern society failed to develop all these things, which lead to the next step of evolution: That is universal love, a stable mind and non-detachment to minor things like sex and materialism.

Very sad, but this is how nature functions. Poor monkeys

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Read this and laugh.

An Open Message To Morons
I will apologize to my regular visitors twice, this is the first, but it is time to Spring clean once again.

The visitor numbers or traffic to this website has almost tripled this year. I am unsure whether it is a good thing or a bad one. You see amongst those new people who like to keep an open mind about the future (Just In Case), there are a handful of MORONS. Only a handful, meaning I can count them on less than one hand. This is good news for humanity in one sense, but I am sure there are many more out there who would like to have a dig at the world of Precognition and Prediction but probably have not figured out how to email yet.

Having said that, I feel a responsibility, as should you, to quell their frustration and anger because after all, they are intellectually challenged people with a stunted spiritual growth. I know this to be true because their comments give away the fact that they have not read the main pages on the site which simply explains a few things. They have only picked up on and read the Blog. Even then, it seems they struggle to take all the information in at once so the message they get ends up distorted. That is tantamount to reading the beginning and the end of an instruction book and to hell with what is in the middle. Yet they go on to think know it all.

www.levi-tarot.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I can't see the future but if we haven't learned from the past then we're in trouble.

What I have started to realize is that we have learned from the past. We have learned how to exploit people in more and more effective ways. We have seen what lines are out there to toe and what lines we don't cross. We have learned the best methods of suppression and propaganda to keep a corrupt system like this running. We know just how to manipulate a populace into believing that they are free and that they actually have a voice. We know just how much to give them to prevent an uprising. We have learned and it sickens me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I think I am in the depression stage. Acceptance can't be too far off now.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Your talking grief?

I have lived through Fn greif....anger...bargain...depresion...rationalization.......blame....acceptance....more bargaining

In the end I realize that suffering/struggle is a cycle bringing new life.

Plant a bean in your home with minimal access to daylight and watch it over the months as it breaks through the ground and bends itself toward light.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well OP at least you are aware of what the future will bring,just think of all the people when told of the impending doom that call you a kook or your stupid,when the feces hit's the recirculating blade you'll have a few steps on them,the long term outlook? perhaps us old people who made lots of money by the spike in real estate costs,homes will be more attainable being things will have to be devaluated I look for home prices to go back to the 70's,and a new economy will start,could be 10 yrs maybe more,and I'll probably be dead by then ,so it's up to peoople like you to lead the others who were lead by their noses

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join