It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monday, Jan. 19th at 16:28 UT, a huge fireball was seen in western Norway

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
According to SpaceWeather.com:

Today, on Monday, Jan. 19th at 16:28 UT, a huge fireball was seen in western Norway," reports Runar Sandnes of the Norwegian Astronomical Society. "It was visible for about 5 seconds and witnesses describe it as 'breathtaking.' The meteor was last seen disintegrating over the North Sea." This marks the second time in only 48 hours that a remarkable fireball has lit up the skies of Scandinavia

very interesting - why twice within 48 hours ? Here is the link for the website:

video

Also if I recall well, the middle west got one yesterday too..

(quote tags)

[edit on Sat Jan 24 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i hope we're not rolling right into a meteor storm of some kind.
This could have been building for some time, remember the one in canada right?
That wasn't that long ago....I'll let you know if I see anything, I'm usually up pretty late.

sty

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

There is this ideea that once at every 3600 years or so , our solar system passes trough the central plane of the galaxy. If this is true, this is what 2012 is about : our solar system could pass trough an area of the galaxy where meteorites are dense and more likely to hit the Earth.. I hope this is not the case.. i would not like to see one fireball like that passing trough my kitchen..

[edit on 20-1-2009 by sty]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
wait hold on.....the film says it's from jan 17th, and the quote says the 19th, what gives....

according to this link the video you are presenting is actually from SWEDEN on the 17th, and the quote you have mentions a possible THIRD(or fourth if you count canada month or 2 ago) meteor in norway.

is this the crisis colin powell warned us about?
it would make sense that someone knew we were heading for fireball fest 2009.
are we about to be pelted with meteors like a fat kid playin dodge ball?

sty

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I guess lost the counting too, maybe there is a website to monitor the fireballs ?

10 minutes later:
I guess i found one good website:

www.amsmeteors.org...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by sty]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
according to that website a very large one( mag. 27) was seen in california buy 3 separate people on the 18th. Also another report from wyoming that same day.
Moving on down the list the only other 27 that I see this year was from a couple weeks ago in puerto rico.

sty

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
To be onset I have no clue if this is more than a normal pattern as I am not aware of any historical data. I guess I will need to find out bit more. Also, an increase of reports could happen thanks to the Internet that let us know more about it.. I simply need to find a report for at least several years.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This video has already been posted a ton of times. I don't see why it's significant?

sty

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Sorry , I messed up the fireballs : the video is from a previous fireball. The one of yesterday afternoon does not have a video yet - reports are still being collected . This is the SpaceWeather report:

FIREBALL UPDATE: "Today, on Monday, Jan. 19th at 16:28 UT, a huge fireball was seen in western Norway," reports Runar Sandnes of the Norwegian Astronomical Society. "It was visible for about 5 seconds and witnesses describe it as 'breathtaking.' The meteor was last seen disintegrating over the North Sea." This marks the second time in only 48 hours that a remarkable fireball has lit up the skies of Scandinavia . Eyewitness reports of both are welcomed.

(quote tags)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
wait hold on.....the film says it's from jan 17th, and the quote says the 19th, what gives....

according to this link the video you are presenting is actually from SWEDEN on the 17th, and the quote you have mentions a possible THIRD(or fourth if you count canada month or 2 ago) meteor in norway.

is this the crisis colin powell warned us about?
it would make sense that someone knew we were heading for fireball fest 2009.
are we about to be pelted with meteors like a fat kid playin dodge ball?

I think the Video clip is of the one in sweeden, they apperantly dont have one of the one from Norway(yet).
But I want to add one I saw my self with my own eyes, and that was about 20:20 sunday november 9th 2008. That is 13 days befor the one in canada on the 22nd november 2008.

But, you guys, read the post on this SpaceWeather.com page about the star Sirius sending Morse Codes

Info on Fireballs and Sirius Morse Code.

sty

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I see spaceWeather.com does not talk about the new fireball anymore. I tryed to dig into the news, but I could not find very much about it - let us hope we will see the video by tomorrow. Also it seem to be a connection with the comming "the annual appearance of the Quadrantid meteors" (meteors shower)..

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
Also it seem to be a connection with the comming "the annual appearance of the Quadrantid meteors" (meteors shower)..

There is no connection between these events and the Quadrantids. The Quadrantids are a cometary meteor shower that peaked in early January, and are now finished.

3. Meteorites do not result from cometary parent meteor showers such as the Orionids, Perseids, Leonids, Taurids, etc. It is felt that these objects do not have the required strength to survive atmospheric flight, and, in any case, the geocentric velocities are too high. Often the date and apparent direction can be use to establish a shower link to a fireball (although it appears that extremely bright fireballs are not produced by meteor showers).

Source: MIAC

Check out my post at the bottom of this page here for info on where these events are thought to originate.

sty

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
another one:

www.spaceweather.com...

Summary: On Jan. 23, 2009, at approximately 8:48 pm EST a meteoroid of unknown size hit Earth's atmosphere over New England. Its blue-green disintegration was widely observed by motorists on the Massachusetts Turnpike and in neighboring states.

Mod Note: Quote Reference-Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There has been a lot of meteors lately. Sweden, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Canada, and I expect more to come.

It's a little strange, but I guess we're just heading towards (or in the midst of) some kind of meteor shower.

sty

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
or we could simply have our solar system entering a "busy" area of our galaxy. Our solar system rotates around the center of our Galaxy however it is also going up and down in rapport with the symmetry plan of our galaxy. I do not have any credible source for this : maybe people with strong astronomy skills could help.
In the center of every galaxy (large like ours) we have a black hole. The black holes are rotating with an incredible speed and produce a field of strong gravity - like a plane separating our galaxy into 2 symmetrical sections . The polar shifts seem to occur right when we pass from "north" to "south" (there is no North ans South in our galaxy , but i like to think this way as it is easier to visualize our galaxy in this way ).
If you look at the pictures with various galaxies, the "equator" seem to be a busy area with loads of dusts and meteorites staked due the gravitational pull. As we approach this zone of our galaxy, we could see more and more meteorites and strange objects (comets etc ) entering our solar system .
While I do not have proper evidence for my statements , it would all make sense and they could unfortunately be confirmed as the time passes by. Let us hope this theory is all wrong. If not.. then Maya was right.

new topics

top topics

join