It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today is Bush's last day.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
When Obama gets sworn in... that is it. No more of Bush. I can't honestly believe that the last 8 years are finally coming to a close. I am not a Bush supporter, but, I believe he made some good decisions based on the time that we were in. I don't agree with all of his policies but the last 8 years have been really dramatic... and I just don't know what to say. I just can't really believe it's all over. The Bush administration is what got me interested in politics and now I'm studying politics in college... the Bush administration has been a huge part of my life-- it has gotten me into politics, into conspiracies, into left wing ideology... I'm going to miss the Bush years!

I remember standing by him because although I disagreed with him on the way he ran the war on terror I remember that it's not the war on terror that's wrong it's the war in Iraq that was wrong and I knew that Al-quaeda was our enemy... so I decided to support the war on terror to fight the terrorists and I still do, but, I wish it would be better ran and that the people at the top would make less mistakes. I really am going to make the Bush years. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the Bush years was a huge part of my life, and, I just feel sad that it's finally coming to a close. I am taking this period of time to reflect on the Bush years.

What is going through your mind, now, that the Bush administration is going to a close?

Are you looking towards the future? Do you believe this is all just a conspiracy? Do you think that this is a conspiracy to make us like the govt again? Do you believe it's not a conspiracy? Will Obama bring the change he says he wants to bring? Will the new administration make a difference in the world? Will there be hope for our abysmal economy? What are your thoughts as the Bush administration comes to a close?

This is the final day.

Bye bye Bush. As funny as you have been and how questionable your policy decisions you have made over the last 8 years- I will miss you.

I just can't believe the last 8 years are over. So... what are your thoughts on this? This is the end of his administration. Is it the start of a new era? Is it just a change in ideology to the Clinton era? What is in store?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I am not an American, and I am extremely glad he's gone.

I don't think I ever agreed with one decision he made.

He disregarded Human Rights repeatedly (Guantanamo), allowed questionable segments of government unreasonable powers over the people (patriot act, phone tapping), limited the freedoms of opinion throughout America (heavy handed policing of protest, control of media), separated people into "patriot" and adversely "anti government" associating those who question with terrorists (patriot act, monitoring anti-war groups and supporting the creation of databases containing info on those who question).

He repeatedly obstructed progress in science (stem cell research), obstructed international efforts to change the way we deal with our damage to the Earth (Kyoto), created millions more potential terrorists by destroying their way of life (Iraq and Afghanistan), destroyed the international view of America through disastrous foreign policy (statements about kidnapping any global citizen, the "with us or against us" comment) and brought religion and state closer when they should be separate (say no more).

His handling of Hurricane Katrina was grossly inadequate. And the response has continued in that terrible way.

The investigation into 9/11 was a controlled denial of involvement. None of the important evidence suggesting that this was at least loosely connected to government agencies was investigated. The evidence that those who were named as responsible were actually not was completely ignored in support of a false scenario of what happened.

Good riddance Bush.

Obama has a lot of work ahead of him to restore the global view of America.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You sound like you need a hug or something

Yep, poor George, if he was just 4 more years in the office, he would somehow find a way to strip us of our Social Security money too, wouldn't that be wonderful ?

Who needs a damn retirement money anyways ???

I would rather be a Wall-mart greeter when I'm 70

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have to agree with the OP here. The last 8 years of American history have been extremely turbulent. Despite what people internationally think of bush, its my opinion that they need to shut up and sit down and here's why:

Bush's presidency opened with the wrost act of terrorism on american soil in history. 5,000 people killed. period. To all those people in other countries that constantly whine about bush, they might take a different view if they lost so many people in a single day.

I think what is the most controversial subject of the bush legacy willl be the Iraqi war in 2003. Alot of people, including americans, dont understand why bush chose to invade Iraq. I think it was probably part of a conatinment strategy, though no one in the admin ever admitted that.

Abu Ghraib, well.... I have seen parites more extreme than the "torture" all those people suffered here. I dont have much to say about this other than it was a huge propaganda boost to the enemies of america and those who would support them in our own country.

Gitmo, well what do you do with all those people? I dont have much to say here either.

Katrina, how in the hell can anyone blame a storm on a president is beyond me so I wont even discuss this. more propaganda.

Immigration: Here is an area that bush failed in miserably. He did absolutely nothing to curb this pandemic and it ill fall to the next pres. to fix.

Economy: bush did well with the butcher job he was handed by clinton. remember that the current economic crissis was his doing and if you dont believe me, chek out the de-regulation of the housing market under him.

I think one of the worst things I have absolutely hated was the pure anti-american/anti-bush propaganda that seemed to flourish during these years. What I find so EXTREMELY amusing is that everyone accused bush of "stealing" the last two elections and Obama actually DID steal this election. There have been reports of voter intimidation for Christ's sake! I dont ever remember such blatant tactics used in the last two elections and yet, no one says a word. IF all you people responsible for this crap think the rest of us are going to rally behind Obama out of some sense of patriotism, get bent! you obviously didnt wupport your country when its people were being killed, why should I ever support any of you.

Hopefully bush will be judged by history and not the idiots that have hounded him relentlessly over the last few years. I will not miss them, but I will miss bush.

so long!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I remember standing by him because although I disagreed with him on the way he ran the war on terror I remember that it's not the war on terror that's wrong it's the war in Iraq that was wrong and I knew that Al-quaeda was our enemy... so I decided to support the war on terror to fight the terrorists and I still do, but, I wish it would be better ran and that the people at the top would make less mistakes. I really am going to make the Bush years. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the Bush years was a huge part of my life, and, I just feel sad that it's finally coming to a close. I am taking this period of time to reflect on the Bush years.

What is going through your mind, now, that the Bush administration is going to a close?

Are you looking towards the future? Do you believe this is all just a conspiracy? Do you think that this is a conspiracy to make us like the govt again? Do you believe it's not a conspiracy? Will Obama bring the change he says he wants to bring? Will the new administration make a difference in the world? Will there be hope for our abysmal economy? What are your thoughts as the Bush administration comes to a close?

This is the final day.

Is it the start of a new era? Is it just a change in ideology to the Clinton era? What is in store?

Really? You believe al qaeda is the enemy? If you're into conspiracies, you know who created that monster.

I believe in all kinds of conspiracy because humans conspire. For territory, resources, greed, power, and the biggie: religious belief.

I believe we are ultimately connected through the spirit of our lives. Our energy to be, to create, to interact, react, even doing nothing affects the spirit that connects.

It looks like a conspiracy. Who are the secret rulers who seem to be creating something none of us wants? Who can shine a light on the truth and could we handle it without going off the deep end and becoming an uncontrollable mob?

It's time to talk. Maybe it's not as bad as so many of us think it is.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am glad hes gone, however, im sorry if this upsets some of you... but im very sure Obama will be no different, he may be better than bush in terms of intelligence, but that intelligence scares me!

In fact im going to go all out and say, Obama will finish what Bush started, but with more genius.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Halle-friggin-lujah!!!!!!!!!
May he dissolve into obscurity,
become ill, kick the bucket and
burn in the hell he so believes in.

Could the next president be any worse?!
(possible) Famous Last Words.

hahahaaaa.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I can't believe this day HAS FINALLY COME!!

I have not let myself get excited, thinking the nightmare was FINALLY going to END!

Until the moment it happens I still won't get too excited!

After the moment that Obama takes office, I will jump up YELL AND SHOUT HURRAH!

I say then put Bush, Cheney all all those crimes against humanity admin officals on trial. Just as Saddam Hussein was ----- then once convicted - do a public hanging just as Saddam was!

Miss ............Bush never! - I can not even express how much I think the man is disgusting and have always felt he has been the actual Anti-Christ - due to what he has put into affect and how he shredded our consitution! He has the blood of millions of people on his hands! He is directly responsible for the FALL of the U.S.!

Go AWAY Bush....until the day you are on trial!

You are a foul disgusting man....who only deserves the place in history as the George WORST Bush President in the history of the U.S.!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i recall back in the fall of 2007, when bush was calling for going into iran...and all the lettered agencies put out a strong joint statement saying bush's intelligence was wrong. it wasn't mentioned much on the MSM, but i think that was a point that the military and security agencies had enough of lying from the whitehouse, and they weren't going to be used again. after that, bushs rhetoric seemed to calm down quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ding-Dong the Ass-Hat's gone... and not a moment too soon. Now all that is left to do is wheel Cheney back to TX.

Angry? Yes I am. You can put lipstick on a pig... People will continue to try and spin the Bush years but it has been an unmitigated disaster. His policies, disregard of the Constitution, lack of real leadership and its subsequent erosion of the government executing the responsibilities for which it was designed and his obsession with poorly prosecuted wars and fear mongering. He has bankrupted the country with his military adventurism. Slop as much lipstick as you want on this pig but in the end it will still be a pig.

I'm sorry. I apologize for the rant. But this man has been a stain on this country. I can only pray he gets what he deserves in the end. Good riddence!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I for one wish Bush well and appreciate all he did to keep us safe these last 8 years. There were definitely many mistakes made, and things he did I stood adamantly against, but I respect the man and don't regret for a second electing him President.

I see so much hatred towards Bush, especially here at ATS, and I really don't think some people understand.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fully expect a lot of people will be begging they could go back to Bush soon.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Bush will soon fade from the public eye and ultimately find great satisfaction in watching news and current events from around the world on the ever worsening global economic crisis, wars and conflicts that he had a hand in, rising numbers of homeless, jobless Americans, and marvel in the world of failures that resulted from his administration's failed policies. Knowing what his role was will provide him with many cheap thrills and a kind of twisted voyeuristic excitement.

Then he will gather his secret service agents, call a few buddies, go out fishing and have a few beers.

Best of luck Mr. Bush, thanks for the laughs and all that other # too!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The biggest thing that scares me is the mass amount of hype over Obama.

Now listen. I dont care for Bush. I think his administration has violated more of our rights that anyone else has. But then again I don't really buy into this Obama stuff but I guess he has my support? (if you know what I mean)

With all the media though.. it seems like we have millions of people in the US that are ready to support this guy 100% without questions, to give their life for him and all this other junk.

I just hope they are right. Maybe he's a great guy.. but to follow a blind lead of someone is just scary in my eyes. I'm not even a Bush supporter but I always tell my family (who are staunch Obama supporters) that there could be worse than Bush ya know. I guess I just find it appalling and scared that people act this way about someone they really dont know.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Bush was not stupid, he was very cunning and his stupidity was all a show. Watch any videos on youtube of him giving speeches before he took office as president, and the man is a genius. Oh, suddenly he gets elected president, and then he can no longer pronounce words correctly or even use proper grammar? Hmm, I'm not buying it.

It was all a show, it was the plan. If Bush could be the worst president ever, than Americans would vote ANYONE into office just to get Bush out of there. ANYONE at all would be better than Bush.

Hence why Obama got elected. When you think about it, Obama is mostly just a cult of personality, he really offers no substance at all. Look at his policies, his plans, it's all the same horse crap, just with a difference face and different name. Now, when Obama does something wrong or messes this country up even more than it already is, they can just say "ohh, at least I'm better than Bush!" ... And you guys won't be able to refute that.

You all bought it, hook, line and sinker.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by BillKwacker]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i don't know politics very well but i do remember everyone banning together singing through new york something about people sticking together, the movie stars had prices on iraq leaders heads, this whole country wanted war. hmmm how soon we forget, i still wonder if bruce willis shelled out a million for hussein when our military found him. seems bush is one of the few people in our country to remember 9-11, and did his best to protect the rest of our people. alot of you are probably getting mad by now but one more thing, do you think we'd have picked a president with the name that this one has back in 03? now it's the arabs who are singing and dancing in the streets at our stupidity. this country was found with war and the only way we'll keep it is by war. bush had his faults but he was a good president and i will miss him.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Good luck to Bush. I personally view him as a great President. It is not his fault that so many ignorant people care about opinion polls. But now that ya'll have Obama , ya'll can play those opinion polls everyday. Should we send a couple of missiles into a terrorist camp....well let's see, public opinion says No, that we should sit down and talk to them.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I for one wish Bush well and appreciate all he did to keep us safe these last 8 years. There were definitely many mistakes made, and things he did I stood adamantly against, but I respect the man and don't regret for a second electing him President.

I see so much hatred towards Bush, especially here at ATS, and I really don't think some people understand.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fully expect a lot of people will be begging they could go back to Bush soon.

All I can ask....is .....have you ever had the govt. do experiments on you? Are you part of the military? because you have not then lived the same 8 years as the rest of Americans.

NEVER will people wish for a man who was behind 911 - lied to the American - blackmailed the Congress to do the bailout - otherwise would have declared marshal law, listens to all of our phone calls, tortures other human beings, uses depleted uranium in weapons...

Oh there are about 1000 other things. If people miss that, then something is wrong with them and they are under complete control of the govt. and have a chip or something in them.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I wish Bush all the best. They picked a great neighborhood in Dallas to live in.

The far left will soon reap what they have sown over the last eight years.

Your hero, Chavez, already states the Obama has the "stench" of Bush. Amazing huh? Sean Penn and Oliver Stone must be disappointed their hero.

n an interview airing on Venezuelan television and reported by The Washington Post Monday, Chavez said Obama has "the same stench" as Bush.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillKwacker

Originally posted by jibeho

Your hero, Chavez, already states the Obama has the "stench" of Bush. Amazing huh? Sean Penn and Oliver Stone must be disappointed their hero.

The only stench obama has is because he's 1/4 black

Your comment was uncalled for. Go find a racist thread to spew your rhetoric.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join