It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
To all those who are old enough to remember me, I used to come here a lot, not so often now, but here I am talking to everyone from Russia. If you have any questions feel free to post here.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I remember.Hows things.
Did you end up in the army?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
How are the temperatures in russia now? I heard that they were above average over the winter.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Not in the military, will have to live for a while and see how things turn out regarding that.

Temperature is good, at least the kind of temperature winter should have, unlike the snow-less winters in Cali.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Ok hows the rap career going?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I don't rap anymore, I don't listen to most of the rap, I don't wear the clothes, and I stay far away from their stupid culture. We all were young once.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Russian soldier

Well good for you. There is so much better music.

I might remember seeing your name around the board, I think.

So yeah, I have some questions for you.

1) How do you feel honestly about Putin?

2) Do you trust him?

3) How do you feel about Russia stepping in and crushing Georgia over S. Ossetia? You think that was the right thing for them to do?

4) Are you happy that Russia seems to be asserting its influence, and military, much more around the world now? Even in the face of watching the blowback the US is receiving in all forms from its government's stupidity in meddling in foreign affairs?

I believe Russia is not being given much of a choice, considering the circumstances. So I do not fault your country's actions in this regard, for the most part.

On another note, I am glad Russia and Ukraine seemed to reach a deal on the gas issue.

And otherwise, may the American people extend the warmest regard to the Russian people in the strategic sense. Let's finally put that word strategic in a good light, rather than being the mere consequence of military planning.

Peace,
TA

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Good questions, sir.

1) How do you feel honestly about Putin?

I know that there are all this accusations, rumors, etc about him, but all I can say is this: When he took power, Russia was below crumbled, and now it is once again on the world stage, and will soon do even better then Soviet times, all thanks to him. What would Russia have done without him?

2) Do you trust him?

He has proven himself before, I have great reason to trust that he will do good for my country.

3) How do you feel about Russia stepping in and crushing Georgia over S. Ossetia? You think that was the right thing for them to do?

I have very strong feelings about this one. I believe we did everything that was neccessary in such a situation, and praise my troops' excellent handling of the situation. My only anger is at the world's reaction like "Oh no! Big bad Russia is going to take over Georgia!", etc.

4) Are you happy that Russia seems to be asserting its influence, and military, much more around the world now? Even in the face of watching the blowback the US is receiving in all forms from its government's stupidity in meddling in foreign affairs?

Always, my country's power and influence is very important to me and every progress she makes makes me happy. There is a lot of misunderstanding between Russia and US, but I hope this 2 countries will become friends and work together, it will do the world so much good.

Regarding music, rap is in my taste, but its what's said in the songs that has made me like it less. Now-a-days I listen to mostly Russian rap as there people rap about more meaningful things-patriotism, family, friends, country, etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Missed ya loads RS. Stick around.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
wow Welcome back, I often wondered if you would come around again,

Good to see you

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Appreciate the love, ladies

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hey RS!

Haven't heard from you in a while good friend.

How did you make it to Russia and how are your living arrangements there? Where in the country are you living and what are you doing to sustain your way of life?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hey Ben! How you been?

I'm in Magnitogorsk (ural mountains) I had a great and interesting trip.
Me and my best friend share a 3 bedroom apartment, but only I live there right now. I work from home doing customer service for English speaking people online. So you can say I'm settled here

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Russian soldier

I would have not thought of that, but that's a great benefit you have to be able to speak and write English well. How is your Russian?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Could be better, but it will get better the more I live here.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Fellow Russian here from St. Petersburg. Nice to have you back.

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I know that there are all this accusations, rumors, etc about him, but all I can say is this: When he took power, Russia was below crumbled, and now it is once again on the world stage, and will soon do even better then Soviet times, all thanks to him.

Lets hope he and Medvedev can guide us through the economic crisis. I feel that the most trying times for them are still ahead.

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I believe we did everything that was neccessary in such a situation, and praise my troops' excellent handling of the situation. My only anger is at the world's reaction like "Oh no! Big bad Russia is going to take over Georgia!", etc.

I think Russia and Russians should be less concerned with "world reaction", and the most important thing to do is to persevere and do what is in the best interest of the country.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Is that an SVD you're holding in the picture? If so, you should probably change your name to Russky Sniper!

I've always liked the old school 7.62 calibre

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's not me in my avatar.

I wish it was

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Yeah, you're absolutely right, comrade. Great to be back in the motherland!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
\When he took power, Russia was below crumbled, and now it is once again on the world stage, and will soon do even better then Soviet times, all thanks to him. What would Russia have done without him?\

What makes you think so?
"Russia will do better than the USSR" is a dream, guy
))
What would Russia would have done witout him? you mean here the people of russia? well, the same what they have been doing since 1991 - dying out and degenerate.

\Now-a-days I listen to mostly Russian rap as there people rap about more meaningful things-patriotism, family, friends, country, etc. \

For example?
Names of bands?
)))

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Russi]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join